Darts...

Sideshow

Mick Todd, Peter Hudson, Ian Jopling and Prakash Jiwa all earned their tour cards after today's play.

The nine who have benefited from the points system are:

Andy Brown,

Adam Smith-Neale

Mark Jodrill

Jason Crawley

Terry Temple

Mark Jones

Ken Dobson

Jimmy Mann

Paul Rowley

So that's 25 qualifiers from the Q School, Tricia Wright, Stacy Bromberg and the top 101 from the OOM that give us the 128 Tour Card holders for the 2011 season.

Anyone not in that 128 can still enter qualifiers for the UK Open and the World Championships.

I can't believe that Bromberg and Trica Wright were given cards, nothing against female darts players but the two of them are a waste of a place to be honest.

Just looking on the planet darts website it has a list of the players fined over recent misdemenours.

The obvious one for Colin Lloyd for punching the board £1K fine.

But then a couple of curious ones, he was also fined £1K for throwing his darts to the floor "in a reckless manner" at the end of the match

Paul Nicholson was also fined £1K for doing the same, that might be fair enough, but did Gary Anderson not throw his remaining darts to the floor after every match he won at the Worlds?

I also see that young Aaron Monk was been fined £350, but he had a 3 month suspended ban, for bringing the game into disrepute, they don't say what the 3 offences are but it must have been a bit more serious to warrant a suspended ban.

He needs to screw the nut if he is going to make himself a success in the game, he definately has the talent, too good to throw it away by being a bit of a lad surely.

Possibly it's just the authorities giving him a boot up the arse to keep him on the straight and narrow, but one more slip within the next six months and the ban will kick in.

Edited by northernscum

Martin Adams is clearly a great big scaredy cat.

Martin Adams is a fucking bawbag.

I don't follow a lot of darts right down to qualifying/tour card level, its only the tournaments on Sky and "the other one" BDO (once a year). Bur I agree, he's too scared to make the step over to the PDC because he'd just be a small fish in a big pond then. no more world championships or IMO even semi finals etc. how smug would his annoying boot of a wife be then. her coupon wouldn't be on the TV half as much if he moved though.

Martin Adams is a fucking bawbag.

I don't follow a lot of darts right down to qualifying/tour card level, its only the tournaments on Sky and "the other one" BDO (once a year). Bur I agree, he's too scared to make the step over to the PDC because he'd just be a small fish in a big pond then. no more world championships or IMO even semi finals etc. how smug would his annoying boot of a wife be then. her coupon wouldn't be on the TV half as much if he moved though.

Adams has competed in the PDC before, so it's not down to him being scared. He's loyal to the BDO, possibly overly so, and he's almost certain to take over there when Olly Croft finally pops his clogs.

Bur I agree, he's too scared to make the step over to the PDC because he'd just be a small fish in a big pond then.

He's so scared that he's going to play against the PDC World Champion.

He's loyal to the BDO, possibly overly so, and he's almost certain to take over there when Olly Croft finally pops his clogs.

Exactly.

Take your ill informed nonsense and fuck off to a subject that you might know something about.

Is the players champs going to be on tv then ? Reports where it would be on sky along with the grand slam.Not really looking forward to harrington slating every bdo player in the competition.Sky have also said to mason they will never take him on as a pundit because of his criminal record :o

Is the players champs going to be on tv then ? Reports where it would be on sky along with the grand slam.

From what I hear now the tournament will only be broadcast online, unless they get something sorted at the last minute.

I see John Henderson made the semis of the Players Championship in Halle, worth £2,000. Great start that for him :) King beat van der Voort in the final.

Aye, good run for Hendo. Chisnall's first official day in the PDC was eventful.. he hit a nine darter against Big Vinny, but went out 6-5 in that 2nd round match.

Great result for big John, although I would say he had a kind draw. But still a good run against a Quality field!

Great win for Mervyn King, but again the critics will look at Phil Taylor not reaching another final. Will be interesting to see how he plays at the Players Championship Finals next week.