Darts...

Sideshow

Hardly a 'stack'.

Still too many pish matches though. Whoever scheduled the Barney and Hamilton matches back to back needs shooting. Is it a 64 draw in the first round ? If so why not the top 60 and 4 wildcards ? Does the national champion of Germany really deserve to be in the World Champs ?

Incidentally, RedWeb, I notice you linked a Bristow-Wilson match earlier with the caption that it was 'real darts'. Prior to the BDO-PDC split, there was only three players who EVER got over a three dart average of 100 during the World Championships. In fact, when Eric Bristow beat John Lowe in the 1981 final, he did so with a three-dart average of 86.

Real darts, eh? :lol:

Does the national champion of Germany really deserve to be in the World Champs ?

I dont see why they can't have the prelim tourney for the 8 or so foreign qualifiers with the top 2 reaching the first round, and show it interspersed with the actual first round.

Let them get their TV moment, against opposition they are competitive with.

That said, the Smith-Young match was a disgraceful standard for 4 sets. Dog and Duck.

Real darts, eh? :lol:

What a poor misguided child you are. Give me Sir Jocky of the Wilsons v Eric Bristow any day of the week, even if they are averaging 70. Beer, fags, proper darts shirts, classic theme tune, BBC2 and the Lakeside. The stuff childhood memories are made of.

What a poor misguided child you are. Give me Sir Jocky of the Wilsons v Eric Bristow any day of the week, even if they are averaging 70. Beer, fags, proper darts shirts, classic theme tune, BBC2 and the Lakeside. The stuff childhood memories are made of.

As long as Martin Fitzmorris and TonyGreen are nowhere near it, then that sounds decent.

I say this as I can average 80 and I might have a chance :lol:

Guest The Phoenix

If it's a choice between that and birds coming on stage with skirts split up to their arse, my vote goes with Stewarty.

:lol:

Hold on ... you're being serious ?

Hold on ... you're being serious ?

Absolutely. Lakeside in the 80's was a huge event in the sporting calendar. Nothing Baz Hearn will ever do can top the sheer raw drama of Jocky taking on the likes of Mike Gregory.

Absolutely. Lakeside in the 80's was a huge event in the sporting calendar. Nothing Baz Hearn will ever do can top the sheer raw drama of Jocky taking on the likes of Mike Gregory.

Barney and Taylor had an unbelievably dramatic match with massive finishes, 100+ average for both men in the end ( over 13 sets as well ) and the crowd were nuked.

Probably better and more dramatic than anything ever shown on the BBC.

I'd have loved to have seen the Painter/Taylor match that was apparently better.

Barney and Taylor had an unbelievably dramatic match with massive finishes, 100+ average for both men in the end ( over 13 sets as well ) and the crowd were nuked.

Circus Tavern was like a mini Lakeside. You'll never get the same drama at an airplane hanger like the Ally Pally.

Circus Tavern was like a mini Lakeside. You'll never get the same drama at an airplane hanger like the Ally Pally.

^ This

I hate the Ally Pally. The big venues work for the premier leage bu bringing the darts to the masses in different locations. The World Champs need good atmospheric venues like Lakeside, Circus Tavern or even The Winter Gardens