Darts...

Sideshow

Barney and Taylor had an unbelievably dramatic match with massive finishes, 100+ average for both men in the end ( over 13 sets as well ) and the crowd were nuked.

Probably better and more dramatic than anything ever shown on the BBC.

I'd have loved to have seen the Painter/Taylor match that was apparently better.

That match was up there with the sporting events of the decade - the Lakeside is nothing more than an irrelevance nowadays.

That match was up there with the sporting events of the decade - the Lakeside is nothing more than an irrelevance nowadays.

While the BDO isn't as good, lets not dismiss it.

There have been belting matches even in the last couple of years. The first two Martin Adams matches this year in the WCs at Lakeside were magnificent and there was a couple of 100+ averages.

It's also not a foregone conclusion, which makes it more exciting for me. While the PDC WCs are good, it's hard to get worked up over the tournament as a whole when you know who's going to win it.

Right, lets predict the results for the next day of play !

December 27th

Afternoon

Mervyn King 3-2 Co Stompe

Kevin McDine 3-2 Barrie Bates

Adrian Lewis 3-1 Wes Newton

Evening

Alan Tabern 3-1 Mark Dudbridge

Phil Taylor 3-0 Steve Hine

Robert Thornton 3-1 Jyhan Artut

Guest The Phoenix

December 27th

Afternoon

Evening

I predict I won't be watching.

Not a decent match amongst them, although Tabern vs Dudbridge could be an exception.

While the BDO isn't as good, lets not dismiss it.

There have been belting matches even in the last couple of years. The first two Martin Adams matches this year in the WCs at Lakeside were magnificent and there was a couple of 100+ averages.

It's also not a foregone conclusion, which makes it more exciting for me. While the PDC WCs are good, it's hard to get worked up over the tournament as a whole when you know who's going to win it.

You're talking about the most decorated and succesful sportsman that has ever lived though, it's not as if there will be another Phil Taylor. Sure it is a tad boring watching him at times but in general the spectacle is fantastic.

You're talking about the most decorated and succesful sportsman that has ever lived though, it's not as if there will be another Phil Taylor. Sure it is a tad boring watching him at times but in general the spectacle is fantastic.

No, Its just boring.

I love watching Phil Taylor play darts. Well, unless Sid Wadell is commentating, as all you get is stacker this and stacker that in between him sooking up Taylor's arse.

Redweb's rose tinted spectacles are also worn when the snooker is on. He seems to remember Terry Griffiths v Cliff Thorburn as some sort of enthralling event compared to watching the big guns now. Arrant nonsense.

Not a decent match amongst them

:lol:

I love watching Phil Taylor play darts. Well, unless Sid Wadell is commentating, as all you get is stacker this and stacker that in between him sooking up Taylor's arse.

Sid Waddell always comes out with the stacker nonsense no matter who's playing. Taylor is brilliant to watch when he's playing great. I have to admit to really enjoying his destruction of Scott Waites at the Grand Slam, but more often than not these days, he seems to do "enough".

Sids commentary on non Taylor matchesis worse than on Taylor's matches. Things like "oh, he's went the wrong side of the lie" or "He's went to the harder side of the bed". Does he know exactly how each layer prefers to use lies? More often than not, when he says this, the player has blatantly went to the easier side for his throw. Trumpet.

If there is a better match that the Taylor/Barney final of 2007 then I have yet to see it. Please show me a BDO match that has ever come close to that? They maybe had the "characters" back in the 80's but the standard is nowhere near some of the players now.

December 27th

Afternoon

Evening

King 3-1 Stompe

McDine 2-3 Bates

Lewis 3-1 Newton

Tabern 2-3 Dudbridge

Taylor 3-0 Hine

Bobbbay 3-0 Artut

:lol:

Quite. Thankfully managed to make my idiocy look like nothing. I think sometimes FTY tries to look stupid in this thread. Anyways, with that in mind.

King 4-2 Stompe

McDine 4-3 Bates

Lewis 4-2 Newton

Tabern 4-1 Dudbridge

Taylor 4-0 Hine

Thornton 4-2 Artut

And no tiger, I'll be closest.

Quite. Thankfully managed to make my idiocy look like nothing. I think sometimes FTY tries to look stupid in this thread. Anyways, with that in mind.

King 4-2 Stompe

McDine 4-3 Bates

Lewis 4-2 Newton

Tabern 4-1 Dudbridge

Taylor 4-0 Hine

Thornton 4-2 Artut

And no tiger, I'll be closest.

Now that you have altered your estimates, probably. Tabern hopefully wont beat Dudbridge 4-1, that would be devastating.

Dudbridge has been a bit shifty and I think Tabern could really do a job on him.

I'm really not sure about McDine vs. Bates. That could go either way when you consider how well both men played in the first round. Especially McDine who looked about ready to cry every time he went to the oche.