Sideshow

GARY ANDERSON 2-3 JELLE KLAASEN

180s

Anderson : 1

Klaasen : None.

Over 40 Checkouts

Anderson : None.

Klaasen : None.

Anderson's scoring is pretty shifty in the first couple of legs. He's finding the 1s and 5s far too easily. Klaasen gets the first break to make it 2-1. Anderson hasn't been bad on 19s. He might wanna stick there untill he finds his range.

Anderson needs the break big time, because he simply isn't in this match at the moment. A much better leg in the 5th and he misses 8s for a 127. He hits the 2s to go into the break at 3-2 down and it could have been more. He needs to get into this.

GARY ANDERSON 4-6 JELLE KLAASEN

180s

Anderson : 2

Klaasen : 1

Over 40 Checkouts

Klaasen : 117

What a fucking horrific 7th leg from Anderson to hand Klaasen another break. The scoring had improved a wee bit but his finishing was horrible, and now his scoring has gone to pot again and Klaasen is finding it easy enough to mop up after him.

Klaasen handed the 9th leg to Anderson and then the 10th. I was sidetracked but I know I didn't miss anything for my stats. Nice.

GARY ANDERSON 8-7 JELLE KLAASEN

180s

Anderson : 2

Klaasen : 1

Over 40 Checkouts

Klaasen : 117

Anderson seems to be slowly but surely finding his feet in this match but the finishing is still not good enough from him. This match is engrossing for all of the wrong reasons really.

Anderson evens the match and makes it 7-7. God knows what happened in his head between the 6th and 7th leg, but he has really done the damage here. His finishing is really doing well now. Not amazing still, but incredibly solid stuff.

I'm happy with this. I can see him strolling this now.

GARY ANDERSON 10-10 JELLE KLAASEN

180s

Anderson : 3

Klaasen : 4

Over 40 Checkouts

Klaasen : 117, 45

Anderson with another break and he's just completely in control of this match. Klaasen comes back and breaks and makes it 9-8 to Anderson and this is getting interesting. Anderson breaks again and makes it 10-8. Klaasen really must be wondering what it takes to keep ahead of Anderson.

Anderson is in clear pain here, but he is plugging like f**k. An amazing 19th leg sees Klaasen get an 11 darter for the leg. That's magnificent. Klaasen takes the scenic route to a 40 and we're at 10-10. Like before the match, you just can't predict who's going to take the match from here.

Do you think Phil Taylor runs the Sky Production team? Just thought we'd show the double nine darter thing for 111th time.

More importantly, after a scrappy start this is a entertaining game between Anderson and Klassen and should be a great conclusion coming up!

GARY ANDERSON 12-12 JELLE KLAASEN

180s

Over 40 Checkouts

Anderson : 67

Klaasen : 117, 45, 59

Anderson had the chance to break yet again but Klaasen is allowed back in. He doesn't take the chance given to him. Well, he does get another chance and takes that one.

Anderson takes a 67 to make it 12-11 and be a leg away from victory but of course, we go into extra time if Klaasen holds. We're into extra time.

GARY ANDERSON 12-14 JELLE KLAASEN

180s

Over 40 Checkouts

Anderson : 67

Klaasen : 117, 45, 59

Massive chance in extra time for Klaasen to score away and he doesn't take it. He does though. Away goal in extra time ! Anderson scores well to start the next leg and gives himself a fighting chance of holding onto this one. This is nail biting stuff.

What a dramatic ending to the match there. Fitting end to what was an engrossing match. Gotta feel for the semi-fit Anderson there. He did really well to stay within reach given his condition.