Darts...

Sideshow

Wade built on that title win yesterday... by going out in the first round today. Typical.

Perhaps Mr. Wade did a little too much celebrating the night before!

Aye, during the Championship League coverage. At least it means we're not too far away from big time darts being back on the telly. :D

Yep, should only be two or three weeks until the Grand Prix which is a tournament I always enjoy. Really like the format, adds something a little bit different and can make matches that would, on paper, seem a foregone conclusion, a bit more compelling. Looking forward to it!

Wade won the final 6-5. A very long day for Priestley, hopefully he's got the stamina to go again tomorrow in Group 5.

He just beat anderson.Gary anderson bottom of the group so far.Been watching some of his matches yesterday and today same old story big scoring cant hit a double.Fear for him against baxter.

Anderson lost his first four matches but has given himself a lifeline by beating van der Voort 6-2. As long as he finishes outside the bottom two then he'll be back tomorrow.

He beat painter 6-2. First time i have watched this tournament seems like a moneymaker to keep the big boys happy.50 quid a leg,fucking hell.

Lewis had a real shite day, only winning one of his seven matches. He goes home along with Jamie Caven who went out on leg difference.

The semi-finals for tonight are van der Voort vs Stompe and Beaton vs Jones.

Vdv through to the final.He was scoring 180's for fun he must of finished with an average over 100.

I have to say, I've missed the darts having not watched a full event since Blackpool! Feels like an age! Really looking forward to the Grand Prix which always had a great atmosphere, and I absolutely love the format. The double start just adds a little different element to the matches, which can bring out some real tense games! Should be a great week. Although the continued absence of John Part in the big events is a little bit depressing for me!

Here's the full draw, just incase anyone has missed it:

Taylor vs Dolan

A. Smith vs Caven

Baxter vs Anderson

Painter vs Dudbridge

T. Jenkin vs Van der Voort

Lewis vs Tabern

King vs Jones

Brown vs Farmer

Van Barneveld vs J. MaGowan

Ovens vs Walsh

LIoyd vs Newton

O'Connor vs Bates

Whitlock vs Nicholson

Priestely vs Hamilton

Wade vs M. McGowan

Osbourne vs Stompe

Should be a wonderful week of darts!

I'm looking forward to the grand slam more tbh.Not much from that 1st round gets me excited.Apart from whitlock v nicholson and jenkins v vdv.It should get more exciting in the later rounds.As i have said before i can see anderson struggling against baxter.You would think it would be second nature for players to hit doubles because they have to,to win.But tell them they have to hit one before they start and they miss 9 at the target.Or maybe thats just anderson mad.gif

Looking forward to the Grand Prix .. and I'll get to see most of it too - only session I'll miss will be on the Friday night but that's because Czech. Rep vs Scotland will be on the telly.

As ever it's hard to see past Taylor as winner of the tournament but this format is always fraught with danger, especially in the early rounds where the distance is short.

I do fancy Stompe to have a good run this year, though.

I do fancy Stompe to have a good run this year, though.

Yeah I think you might be right with that. I also quite fancy Colin Lloyd to have a strong run this year too. He seems to be getting stronger in the Pro Tour events, and it's only a matter of time, if he can just get there mentally, that he might reach the Semi of a Major. Might be this one!