Darts...

Sideshow

Why would you want Painter on TV AGAIN ahead of new faces? I'm sick of the sight of him seeing new players makes it a bit fresher.

Klaasen is an enigma and fell at the early stages of the wildcard qualifiers so didn't deserve to be there.

Monk is only 20 years old and fir the first time on TV showed glimpses of excellence and the experience will do him good.

Well, Taylor ditching the specs worked a treat for him - don't see him going back to them now.

As for the comments from FTY about the tournament format ... it's good to have something different from the norm in the calendar. Although certain players have came out against the format (Wade was particularly vocal last year) it does make things very interesting and ensures that we see the best players tested over a short format as well as the longer games as the tournament progresses.

Having new faces on the telly is critical to the game as well - if it's the same old guys (the likes of Painter, Klaasen who have been mentioned etc) it becomes far too dull and repetitive. It would be nice to have one or two more BDO faces involved (reinstate the winner of the World Masters getting an invite, perhaps), but I won't hold my breath on that front.

Anyway, looking forward to tonight's games - O'Shea vs Jenkins should be a cracker!

If the crowd are like the previous Jones games then Thornton could find it difficult but on tournament form you have to fancy Bobby.

Hope to f**k Anderson wins but head saying Ozzy.

Would like King and O'Shea to win their games but again head is saying the opposite.

Hopefully the longer format gets me into things more this time. The shorter format seen games that I should have liked, but I just couldn't get into them.

WAYNE JONES 4-1 ROBERT THORNTON

180s

Jones : 1

Thornton : None.

Over 40 Checkouts

Jones : 82, 64

Thornton : 58

WAYNE JONES 6-4 ROBERT THORNTON

180s

Jones : 1

Thornton : None.

Over 40 Checkouts

Jones : 82, 64, 68

Thornton : 58, 68, 129, 62

Should have been 5-5 but Thornton shouldn't get too down about it as he has done well to get the gap as narrow as it is. It's shaping up well.

Really looking forward to this match coming up.

TONY O'SHEA 5-5 TERRY JENKINS

180s

O'Shea : 6

Jenkins : 2

Over 40 Checkouts

O'Shea : 45, 100, 60

Jenkins : 57

Terry Jenkins has really turned it on. He's beginning to look like the #4 player in the world that was reaching semis and finals constantly. Unlike the last game, this game looks like it could really swing in the losing player's favour.

Edited by DomDom