Darts...

Sideshow

Heard on the commentary last night think it was rod studd said that part was the biggest upset so far? anyone agree with this.Part was quite obviously fucked,his hand was shaking all night,Then he said because he had the chance to play taylor it was a bigger upset.Nonsense.His second biggest upset was painter getting humped by dolan.Painter has been shite for a while and dolan is a top player.

For me the biggest upset was stompe.Quaters last year,just won the world cup and gets beat by peter wright.

last couple of nights action has been pretty standard should pick up tonight with the dutch.van gerwen won't enjoy the slow style of suljovic.Klaasen v brown is match of the night.Jenkins against one of the youngsters,and vdv to finish off.Heard alot about mansell so that should be interesting.

I think Part was the most dissapointing result for people, as we all wanted to see a Taylor v Part 2nd round clash. I honestly believe had Part been 100% healthy he would have went up and won 3-0, and then would have given Taylor a game. He's been practiscing very well recently. Part's scoring was strong, but his nerves and balance were completely shattered, a great shame. I feel very sorry for him in the last couple of years, had a lot of personal trouble at home, and to be honest, he has been punished in games for the slightest mistake. People have played worse than him over the last couple of years and have gained better results. But that's just how it goes.

Painter is just completely overrated, and like Marshmallow, I'm surprised his ranking is still quite high. But he's in decline, and frankly declining from not a very high standard in the first place. That wasn't a shock for me, dolan proved how strong a player he is with a 95 average.

Stompe was the biggest surprise, Peter Wright is a good solid player, but I really expected Co to push on this Tournament and be a little outsider. So that to me is the biggest shock so far.

And talking about big shocks, what about Phil Taylor's first round performance? Surely we could regard that as one of the biggest first round surprises!

Caught the last set of Suljovic's win - MVG was hopeless, could it be that the lad actually peaked at 17 when he won the Masters??

Aye it was an easy win in the end for Suljovic, van Gerwen is in danger of throwing away a very promising career.

I don't know what his problem is, does he not practice enough? Does he think sheer raw talent will be enough to win these kind of games?

If he is serious about the sport he needs to knuckle down to some serious practice, especially on the doubles.

Flintoff commentating on darts.huh.gif

He's been Tweeting with Stuart Pyke over the last few days, guess they've sorted something out.

And talking of sorting something out, Wayne Mardle may be drafted into Sky in some capacity very, very soon...So it looks like we may not have escaped him this year!

Edited by Davis Love III

And talking of sorting something out, Wayne Mardle may be drafted into Sky in some capacity very, very soon...So it looks like we may not have escaped him this year!

Really don't know what he can add, though he's bound to be better than Harrington.

If you mean he is going to be in the commentary box along with Sid Waddell, that would be a nightmareohmy.gif

Anyway, where is Dave Lanning? Has he retired

Was a shame to see Dave Lanning retire, very unexpected. He said that he never thought he fitted in with the Sky team as he couldn't shout enough. I disagree, to me his understated manner made him a perfect comentator for the darts.

A good commentator should just be noticed, and not taking over the show (Sid Waddell) and that's exactly what Dave Lanning was, a good commentator.

Edited by Davis Love III

Was a shame to see Dave Lanning retire, very unexpected. He said that he never thought he fitted in with the Sky team as he couldn't shout enough. I disagree, to me his understated manner made him a perfect comentator for the darts.

A good commentator should just be noticed, and not taking over the show (Sid Waddell) and that's exactly what Dave Lanning was, a good commentator.

Great post, sums up my view perfectly.

Waddell should not be the goal that commentators try to emulate, the sport is more enjoyable with a calm professional view on the game, someone like John Part or Chris Mason are the best of the pro's in the commentary box IMO