Darts...

Sideshow

Some cracking matches in the PL this year.

In other news I have been reading Eric Bristow's autobiogrpahy (downloaded onto iPad via Kindle app ;) ). Have to say Eric was some lad in his younger days. Without darts the big fella would have ended up in clink that's for sure. Some great stories of drinking, shagging...err..and even darts. Looking forward to the bit where the PDC is formed and his battles with Dartitis.

Dave Chisnall, Shaun Griffiths, James Richardson and Shane O'Connor have earned their tour cards for the PDC next year at Q School today. Griffiths is some talent, may not have impressed at Lakeside, but he blitzed the field today and has done at many floor events, he's only 19! According to Darts Database, James Richardson has only ever won £50 from any big competitions, in which he's hardly played any, so quite a day for him!

BDo's Brian Woods and John Henderson were 2 wins away from qualifying, as was PDC World Championship lad Devon Peterson. Magnus Caris lost in the first round.

BDo's Brian Woods and John Henderson were 2 wins away from qualifying, as was PDC World Championship lad Devon Peterson. Magnus Caris lost in the first round.

Still confident that Big John will get his card, he's got three more chances over the next three days. Hopefully Petersen gets his too.

No chance of tickets now for the PL. I paid £80 for two tickets for Glasgow off ebay. The next cheapest after those were about £75 for one.

Not a bad price for the two tickets you got there! Was that for the Table seating or the Stands? Not too bad at all, well done on getting them, sure you'll have a great night when it comes! It really is good fun!

Not a bad price for the two tickets you got there! Was that for the Table seating or the Stands? Not too bad at all, well done on getting them, sure you'll have a great night when it comes! It really is good fun!

No mate thats for the stands. The price of the table seating was ridiculous about 100 qwid a ticket.

Im going to Newcastle aswell but I got them at face value. Only bad thing is that both Glasgow and Newcastle have the same fixtures so I will see all the matches twice.

Im going to Newcastle aswell but I got them at face value. Only bad thing is that both Glasgow and Newcastle have the same fixtures so I will see all the matches twice.

Oh dear! Not good! I'm pretty sure that happened a few years ago, 08 perhaps? When both Glasgow and Aberdeen had the same fixtures!

Regardless, you'll definetely have two great nights to look forward to! (Write a Pie and Bovril sign for us to try and spot:P)

Oh, and Colin Osborne has adopted a new nickname so he is no longer 'The (fake) Wizard'. He is now 'Ozzy'. How creative. I personally think I should have been allowed to pick a nickname for him, I'd have been a lot more innovative.

Big John Henderson out in the first round of Q School today :(

Two more chances over the weekend, hopefully he can make the most of that.

Oh, and Colin Osborne has adopted a new nickname so he is no longer 'The (fake) Wizard'. He is now 'Ozzy'. How creative. I personally think I should have been allowed to pick a nickname for him, I'd have been a lot more innovative.

He must have been up all night thinking that one up.

EDIT: Just read that Devon Petersen, Magnus Caris, Michael Rosenauer and Brian Woods ( :o ) got their Tour Cards from today's play.

Edited by The Naitch

If Big John fails to qualify will the BDO just let him back in without the bat of an eyelid? Olly Croft comes across as a bit of a dinosaur and me thinks he could get a bit cuntish with people trying to join the PDC then coming back when they fail.

I hate Pecker Woods but fair play to him. Really liked the look of Petersen he could develop into some player.

If Big John fails to qualify will the BDO just let him back in without the bat of an eyelid? Olly Croft comes across as a bit of a dinosaur and me thinks he could get a bit cuntish with people trying to join the PDC then coming back when they fail.

I hate Pecker Woods but fair play to him. Really liked the look of Petersen he could develop into some player.

I imagine Croft would be a bit like that, but deep down he will realise that it is an asset to keep players of Henderson's calibre and relative exposure (Especially after Grand Slam). If Croft has any sense he'll be fine about it, then again does he?

I'm not sure if players had to join the PDPA before taking part in Tour School, and if they did, then Henderson would have to try and apply again for his BDO membership. It's a bit like Political parties, you can't be members of both at the same time.

Edited by Davis Love III