Darts...

Sideshow

I put my predictions in the other thread, but I'm gonna take a stab at how the whole tournament is gonna go, starting from the second round.

Phil Taylor vs. Scott Rand

Wes Newton vs. Justin Pipe

Simon Whitlock vs. Denis Ovens

Gary Anderson vs. John Henderson

Adrian Lewis vs. Vincent Van Der Voort

Terry Jenkins vs. Mark Webster

Raymond Van Barneveld vs. Paul Nicholson

James Wade vs. Dave Chisnall

Phil Taylor vs. Wes Newton

Denis Ovens vs. Gary Anderson

Vincent Van Der Voort vs. Terry Jenkins

Raymond Van Barneveld vs. James Wade

Wes Newton vs. Gary Anderson

Terry Jenkins vs. James Wade

Gary Anderson to beat James Wade in the final!

Some night of darts ahead. I'd suspect Jenkins is going to deal with Beaton in this match fairly well. He's beginning to get some good darts together again and he seems to like the Matchplay when he's in that form.

This first match could really go either way, if Beaton is on his game and builds up confidence he could easily take care of Jenks.

Not sure how Beatons recent form is though?

Should be a superb week.

Beaton's not done too much this year.. couple of quarter finals on the floor and lost in the last 32 at Bolton.

Beaton's not done too much this year.. couple of quarter finals on the floor and lost in the last 32 at Bolton.

He's not been GREAT, but off the boil compared to the form that seen him into the final of the Grand Slam, and he'd have to be that good if he comes up against a Terry Jenkins that we usually see in Blackpool.

It really shouldn't be 3-2 at the moment. Terry Jenkins did well to get himself back into the match but much like he did himself earlier, it was more down to the ineptitude of Steve Beaton at the doubles.

This is shaping up better than I thought it would though. If they keep handing each other chances like this, we could see the first epic of the tournament!

I don't think you can accuse Beaton of being inconsistant at the moment. Ever since he bust that 52 he's completely obliterated Jenkins, and it's beginning to look like Jenkins' head isn't in it.