Darts...

Sideshow

God I fear for Lloydy. He plays at a similar pace to van Gerwen which will suit him down to the ground could well get a monster average from Mick in that game.

Swing Low, Sweet Chariot is another that's getting on my tits. Especially when a Dutchman and a Scotsman are playing ;):lol:

Just been reminded on twitter that each of the last 16 this year are all ranked in the top 24 and have all had experience of a TV final. Now that's a strong field.

Exceptional field.

3rd Round

P Taylor

v

R Thornton

A Hamilton

v

T Jenkins

S Whitlock

v

D Chisnall

G Anderson

v

R van Barneveld

A Lewis

v

K Painter

M van Gerwen

v

C Lloyd

W Newton

v

M Walsh

J Wade

v

V van der Voort

Yep, I'd say that's a pretty decent lineup!

"We pay your benefits"

The wit amongst the crowd tonight is unrivalled.

They're all oxygen thieves. Especially the couple at the front with the teddy bears. They've been there all weekend.

Apparently there are weirdos who take inanimate objects with them to places, and the objects themselves report on it. (So I'm told...)

Tezza is sneaking under the radar a wee bit in this tournament. Looking very comfortable in every game he's played.

Indeed, a 94.31 average against Steve Brown, and a 98.18 against John Part. Even though it appears he's planning on taking a step back next year, there are still some good darts being produced from him.

Rod Harrington: "This set is crucial. Well, every set is crucial."

He contradicts himself almost as often as the poster boy of schizophrenia, Gollum from the Lord of the Rings.

There's a parody twitter account of Rod Harrington which dines out on quotes like that from Rodders.

Sounds like Dave Lanning will be coming back for the Final, but only on the 3D coverage. That alone is worth upgrading to 3D for.

That's very disappointing! Dave Lanning is very sadly missed from the Sky Darts team. Absolute professional.

Go on Sky, stick Nigel and Rodders on the 3D, you know you want to...

There's a parody twitter account of Rod Harrington which dines out on quotes like that from Rodders.

I must check it out!

The similarities between Rod and Gollum don't end with the apparent split-personalities. Rod, like Gollum, has an undying love for one thing. While for Gollum it's the One Ring, for Rodders it's Colin Lloyd.

Gollum1.jpeg

"Lloydy, my precious...."

0,,10180~8782375,00.jpg

Just checked that parody account :lol: I can't believe there is some melters who are falling for it.

Jenkins scoring on the 60 is frightening but the old saying "scoring for show, doubles for dough" as Hammer makes it 3-1.