Uefa "aka Diddy" Cup Draw

Savage Henry

what's up with the Millwall draw? Hungarians aren't known for their violent fans are they? :huh:

That particular club has historically had a less than savoury element. And the idea of Millwall fans stampeding all the way across Europe is quite frightening. I guarantee Uefa were praying for a Scandanavian club. Worst possible outcome would have been a Turkish team. This is the second worst draw, in my opinion.

That particular club has historically had a less than savoury element. And the idea of Millwall fans stampeding all the way across Europe is quite frightening. I guarantee Uefa were praying for a Scandanavian club. Worst possible outcome would have been a Turkish team. This is the second worst draw, in my opinion.

i see. I have no interest in this type of stuff so couldn't have told you what clubs have unsavoury elements......

• 1 month later...

Does Jim get prediction league points for this?

From BBC.co.uk

Man hurt in Hungary football riot

A man has been stabbed and seriously wounded in clashes between Ferencvaros and Millwall football fans in the Hungarian capital Budapest.

The scuffles took place before a UEFA cup tie match between the two sides kicked off at 1900 GMT (2000 BST).

"Eight people were taken to hospital... there is one man who speaks English who was stabbed in the back," spokesman for the ambulance service Pal Gyofi said.

Police said up to 3,000 Millwall fans had travelled to Hungary for the game.

A witness said the police had to use teargas and mounted officers to end the clashes.

Police spokesman Endre Kormos told AP news agency that two Millwall fans remained in police custody after being detained on Wednesday for disorderly conduct.

There were also reports of trouble inside the ground in the build up to Middlesbrough's away game at Banik Ostrava in the Czech Republic.

Seats were ripped up and thrown by rival fans after Middlesbrough fans were able to buy black market tickets for the home end.

But the fighting was quelled by local police using batons and the game began on time.

_40130476_hungaryapbody.gif

Archived