Eastenders....

Marsden hauls Ian in for questioning

Airs on Monday, January 18 2010 at 20:00 GMT on BBC One By Kris Green, Soaps Editor

Marsden hauls Ian in for questioning While Janine attempts to assert her authority at the Car Lot, Peggy announces that The Vic's back in business. Roxy, however, isn't happy about Peggy taking over and Ronnie tries to broach the subject that Roxy's now the landlady. Later, Ronnie and Roxy enquire as to when Archie's body will be released, before Peggy asks them to have the pub ready by 5pm for the grand reopening. When Ronnie shows her sister their mother's gloves she left behind, Roxy snatches them from her and bins them. Later, Roxy assures Ronnie that nothing will change between them now that she owns The Vic. When Roxy walks away, Ronnie lifts Glenda's gloves out of the bin and clutches them to her chest. Later, Pat and Peggy speculate as to Archie's killer, while Peggy expresses her surprise that Archie left Roxy everything in his will. She goes on to suggest that despite Roxy being the legal owner of the pub, she's the true landlady. After finishing off a bottle of champagne, Peggy goes to survey the empty pub. Outside, Ronnie and Roxy see Archie's face on the poster watching over them, before spotting Janine lording it up at the Car Lot. With that, they march over and put her in her place. While Roxy's at it, she demands their grandmother's engagement ring but Janine claims she doesn't have it any longer. Furious, Roxy announces that she has plans for the Car Lot. Back at The Vic, Roxy opens up slightly earlier than intended and Ronnie asks if Glenda's called about the funeral, to which Roxy claims that she hasn't. As Roxy celebrates in the bar, Ronnie calls Jack and asks for his help in finding her mum. Meanwhile, Ian tries to talk to Jane about the situation with Janine but she ignores his attempts and suggests that he clean the floor before the social worker arrives. Ian later admits that he's scared about what could happen, but Jane simply suggests that he do something about it. With that, Ian heads over to Janine's flat and blurts out that she can't blackmail him any longer because Archie's laptop is on the canal basin. Janine, however, plays Ian a recording of their sexual dalliance and reiterates her £10,000 demand. Despite Jane begging him not to expose himself as a prime suspect in Archie's murder, Ian decides to tell the police everything before Janine does. Ian's almost at the police station and Jane manages to convince him to pay Janine off otherwise the police involvement could ruin their chances to adopt. Ian and Jane return home to find Peter, Lucy, the social worker and Janine - who's been singing their praises. Ian visits Janine and hands over £500. Janine's not impressed but Ian pushes her, cutting her lip in the process. With that, Ian warns her not to go to the police or she'll put herself in the frame for Archie's murder. Having washed Janine's blood off his ring, Ian apologises to Jane and the social worker for disappearing. When the social worker leaves, Ian assures Jane that he's sorted everything. Later in The Vic, though, DCI Marsden stops Ian from drinking and insists that he needs to be sober for his confession… Elsewhere, Bianca tells Ricky that Martin and Sonia will be attending the wedding; Stacey visits her friend Becca at the psychiatric hospital; Denise isn't impressed by how flirty Loretta, the chair of the church's fundraising committee, is with Lucas; Jean tries to drag Bradley and Stacey along to The Vic's reopening; Pat returns from New Zealand and is stunned to learn that Archie's been murdered; and Stacey texts her friend Becca and suggests that she stay on the Square instead of moving to the halfway house.

All my spoilers from a source which is never wrong ;)

Did anybody notice that todays Daily Record completely gave the game away? Page 49 which was the TV preview says:

Archie did well to leave Roxy his cash and car. She's one girl who'll really know how to enjoy three million quid and a Masaretti.

It then proffeses not to spoil who gets the Vic. Erm...you just did. At the end of play last night we did't know who got the money or the car so they've ruined that for a start. We did know however that they came in a package deal with the pub included so they've just told us that that bint got it. Morons.

Bradley kills himself in February, according to The Sun. Wracked with guilt at becoming a suspect in Archie's murder, he throws himself from a building.

EastEnders bosses this morning refuted rumours that one of the show's much-loved characters is to commit suicide during the soap's live 25th anniversary episode.

A tabloid newspaper today claimed that Bradley Branning - played by 22-year-old Charlie Clements - will stun the residents of Walford by leaping off a building and plummeting to his death in "one of the most heart-breaking soap goodbyes ever".

However, a spokesperson for the soap this morning told DS: "We will not comment on Bradley's exit storyline other than to say he does not commit suicide."

Back in November, Clements announced his decision to quit EastEnders after nearly four years in the role of Bradley.

At the time, executive producer Diederick Santer said: "I can promise a big exit for the character."

The BBC soap's live 25th anniversary episode will air on Friday, February 19 and feature the 'Who Killed Archie?' reveal.

Surely if you had just been left £3M quid, a car lot, a flat and a Maserati you would let greetin faced Peggy have the Vic??

Tonight's episode will just have to wait until the 10pm showing on BBC3 as going to watch the Newcastle / WBA game.

I can't do with storylines involving Denise. It just came to my attention last night how much I hate that family when I sighed when it was obvious as soon as Lorettas name was mentioned in the house Denise was going to be jealous of a tasty black chick. I too thought of Owen when I saw Lucas. I always feel sorry for him since he played Gumbo in ID.

Still not watched last nights episode. Sky+'d it as I was out. Think I'll save it for later so I have two episodes in a row to watch.

I'm also not too keen on Denise and her family. That Chelsea is a right arsehole, and Patrick is a borderline alky. I await a storyline involving him and the sauce in the next couple of years.

Still not watched last nights episode. Sky+'d it as I was out. Think I'll save it for later so I have two episodes in a row to watch.

I'm also not too keen on Denise and her family. That Chelsea is a right arsehole, and Patrick is a borderline alky. I await a storyline involving him and the sauce in the next couple of years.

They are a poor family I think. Patrick only had one half big story in the last few months that I can remember (that racist who came to his house to be forgiven). Chelsea only ever seems to be on after being dumped or looking for a job. Libby is rarely there - and when she is it features Darren or Wheels. Denise I have mentioned in my previous post.

Nearly forgot Lucas's son. The only words i'll ever associate with him are 'Tree for Trina' & 'where's mum's bracelet?' cause I think that is all he's ever said.

Edited by Nick_BCFC

EastEnders bosses this morning refuted rumours that one of the show's much-loved characters is to commit suicide during the soap's live 25th anniversary episode.

A tabloid newspaper today claimed that Bradley Branning - played by 22-year-old Charlie Clements - will stun the residents of Walford by leaping off a building and plummeting to his death in "one of the most heart-breaking soap goodbyes ever".

However, a spokesperson for the soap this morning told DS: "We will not comment on Bradley's exit storyline other than to say he does not commit suicide."

Who Pushed Bradley!?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz <_<

A good episode tonight, a bit surprised as to why Glenda would lie about throwing Daniel out when he was 16, but I'm sure time will tell why she done that. I reckon that it won't be long before Jack and Ronnie are back together again as well, which will no doubt being the whole baby thing once again.

Once again, I'd like to express my disappointment at the lack of scenes involving Wheels tonight. Petition starts here, folks.

post-10154-12641105699877_thumb.jpg

Edited by Adam_Wee

Maybe Wheels drowned in Ian Beale's hot-tub?

Average episode last night, but very nice to see Glenda in it again. She is staggeringly attractive. Very odd bit when that guy Reg turned up looking to see her, I have absolutely zero idea what that was about.

Yeah! What the f**k was that guy all about? What a zoomer.

I reckon Wheels is on strike as Squiggle is not appearing much at the moment, I'm sure he will be back soon.

The whole Jack and Ronnie thing just needs sorting out, she is continually using him and not putting out in return.

I am beginning to feel sorry for Beale the Squeal he is clearly innocent and the Police are treating him like someone who has just floated into Eastenders in the last year - not the instituton he really is.

Why do you think Big Pat is trying to sell the house?? Is Simon is financial bother.......

I reckon Wheels is on strike as Squiggle is not appearing much at the moment, I'm sure he will be back soon.

The whole Jack and Ronnie thing just needs sorting out, she is continually using him and not putting out in return.

I am beginning to feel sorry for Beale the Squeal he is clearly innocent and the Police are treating him like someone who has just floated into Eastenders in the last year - not the instituton he really is.

Why do you think Big Pat is trying to sell the house?? Is Simon is financial bother.......

I presumed it was so she could move over there with him.