The Killing

Ayrgirl

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooft, the episode was an hour and a half long last night! I take it the others are shorter?

think it was a double episode last night.

I watched it, without having watched the Danish version, and thought it was pretty good. The bits with the bereaved family could have gone the wrong side of sentimental but it was played really, really well. The scene by the lake with the kite flying was very well acted I thought.

P

Did anyone watch this last night?

The Killing

What did you think?

I thought it was brilliant and am looking forward to next weeks episode.

its a brilliant watch every episode adds to the puzzle even when youre sure youve sussed it you wont have and youll scold your self for being so stupid

then youll solve it again !! and be wrong again !!

and at the very end of the series youll still be wrong truly brilliant tv and truly brilliant use of minging jumpers

Some folk have claimed that the Danish version is even better than The Wire.

the danish series was better than the wire

but because the danish political system is far different to ours the political impact was a bit alien to uk viewers so the wire was an easier watch for most

both brilliant series but Forbrydelsen,was in my opinion a very new style of cop show for us in the uk so very refreshing

Some folk have claimed that the Danish version is even better than The Wire.

Forbrydelsen is great, or at least the 1st season is as that's all I've seen of it so far, but it's not as good as The Wire. It could've done with being shortened. Far too many plot twists. Completely lessens the impact when it's overused like they did.

Just caught it on 4od, hooked already.

Reckon the mums done a Kate McCann. Bitch always seems to be cleaning which is a bad trait in any murder mystery.

Quite right , gas her for washing the dishes.

Watched the first two episodes last night. It takes a wee while to get going, but it gets quite interesting once the plot unfolds.

I'm in the same boat as you - slow but definitely watchable. Heard lots of people at work going on about the Danish series but if that is better than this I'm glad I watched this one first as I'd rather watch the poor one then the good one than the other way around.

Was quite entrigued after the double bill opener so had a look online and found a stream.

I am absolutely hooked. As presented in the first two ep's, just about everyone seems to have a skeleton in their closet and some of the characters/acting is great.

Interesting fact, the rogue sidekick cop/ex narco detective Holder is played by a Scandanavian guy. Seems to fashionable for the big US shows seem to employing a lot of good European actors to play Americans, a la Idris Elba with his Baltimore accent and Steven Graham getting the gig as Al Capone.

Anyway my productivity and punctuality at work is taking a hit with me staying up to all hours watching this...very very addictive.

• 1 month later...

Archived