My book "KERBY", rated 5-stars

I mind a guy followed me and my mate home after we had thrown berries at his car. He was like the fucking Terminator, no matter what side street we ran down or bush we hid in there was no getting rid of him. Got back to the house and thought we had shook him off then the door goes five minutes later.

Pal was sent home and I don't remember seeing daylight for what felt like years...

Me and a few of my friends saw an old man walking a dog in the park and since he was a good bit away from us, naturally decided to shout as much foul-mouthed abuse as we could come up with at him. The guy didn't seem too bothered so we moved on. He obviously began stalking us as 10 minutes later he appeared out of nowhere roaring at us and his dog going mental. Everybody scattered but I decided the best plan was to hide in some bushes. Obviously he found me. He stood over me with his dog straining at the lead. I decided the only course of action was to blame it entirely on the guy I knew the least and supplied the old guy with his name and address. I heard later the old man went to Sean's door and told his dad. Sean's dad then beat the utter shit out of him.

It was only recently I realised that I could have given the guy a fake name and address. It didn't even cross my mind at the time. If you're reading this Sean - sorry about that.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Broke through the 600 sales mark over the weekend. Cheers to everyone on here who has supported it!

Have you made any cash out of it? Just curious about how many you have to sell to break even on the production costs.

Good work. Well deserved.

Thanks mate.

My copy is signed, does that make it more valuable.

It is?!

Have you made any cash out of it? Just curious about how many you have to sell to break even on the production costs.

A few hundred quid. I set the paperback and kindle prices at pretty much the lowest point i would make a profit rather than break even or lose money. So it's a matter of pennies per book.

Reading your question again though, there are no production costs. CreateSpace print the book on demand, ie every time someone orders it. And Amazon just take a cut of the Kindle sale price for what it costs them to host it and for the file transfer.

There wasn't any upfront cost to me.

Cheers. Did CreateSpace have to approve your book before setting it up for printing, or will they do that for anyone? And did you make more per copy from the Kindle versions?

They don't approve the content, but it does have to be formatted a very specific way for the printing to work. They have template documents. It took me literally days to format the book properly, complete pain in the arse. They also have very specific criteria for cover art in terms of dimensions, dpi, etc.

Yeah, make more from the kindle as the paperback has printing costs, Createspace's cut and so on, whereas you keep about 50% of the Kindle sale price.

• 3 weeks later...

Go on and enter it and if you win I'll write whatever you like.

Provided it's not pro Ayr United, I have to draw the line somewhere.

It's a clever ploy but I'm a sucker, done.

Grimbo

Eta all our long AWAYS that were called off over the past few months will be coming up thick & fast, I'll get the opportunity to finally finish the bloody book, expect my review by the close of the season.

It's a clever ploy but I'm a sucker, done.

Grimbo

Eta all our long always that were called off over the past few months will be coming up thick & fast, I'll get the opportunity to finally finish the bloody book, expect my review by the close of the season.

Sounds good to me buddy ????

• 1 month later...

Delighted to announce the follow up to "KERBY", out next month. It's erotic fiction: think a cross between Mills & Boon and 50 Shades of Grey. It's called "BOABY".

mills-and-boon.jpg

I can also reveal the first line is the same as Kerby's - 'It remains the only time I’ve ever had my erect penis out in the middle of a supermarket.'

More details soon.

I'm determined to finish your 1st tome before the month is out. & write a review on the run-in to Christmas just in time for the what present to buy him market starts.

Grimbo

Eta I'll buy yoir latest offering next April the fist day.

• 1 month later...

His house burnt down with his pets in it, what do you think?

What a strange thing to bring up, you odd little man.

Sorry pal, just done a review. It says it's being processed.

Grimbo

Nice one buddy! Just clocked it, a huge help as always - glad you enjoyed the book :)

Archived