Pregnancy And Parenting

Though I see there is one floating about the First Division Board for some reason :huh:

It's not every wee boy has his birth announced on the club site (and within a matter of hours!).

He's a grand looking wee boy, takes me back 20 months to our own 14 hours of stress, pain and gore :)

If this is your first your about to do things you'd never have imagined ever having to do :lol:

The hell with that! Though I see there is one floating about the First Division Board for some reason :huh:

It's been a very long day (and if the wife ever wants another child she can have someone else sit with her through labour!) but all worth it in the end. Looked set for a midnight-ish birth but suddenly around tea time everything started to happen very fast which was a relief to all parties.

Welcome to the world Thomas. :D

7lb 13oz born at 19:02, 19/02/09

post-106-1235092413_thumb.jpg

What a cutie! You'll blink and 5 months will have past!

The hell with that! Though I see there is one floating about the First Division Board for some reason :huh:

It's been a very long day (and if the wife ever wants another child she can have someone else sit with her through labour!) but all worth it in the end. Looked set for a midnight-ish birth but suddenly around tea time everything started to happen very fast which was a relief to all parties.

Congratulations! what a wee cutie!

Glad all went speedily and well!

It's not every wee boy has his birth announced on the club site (and within a matter of hours!).

He's a grand looking wee boy, takes me back 20 months to our own 14 hours of stress, pain and gore :)

If this is your first your about to do things you'd never have imagined ever having to do :lol:

14 hrs?? pah, try about 36! :P

Why is he not in blue and white? :o

I think we've still got a newborn cardigan in Queens colours that was knitted for Molly .. and a hat too ;)

Why is he not in blue and white? :o

I think we've still got a newborn cardigan in Queens colours that was knitted for Molly .. and a hat too ;)

His granny got him an entire outfit of QoS baby stuff today and the club gave him a junior blue season ticket. I'll post a photo of him with that later maybe. :D

I have to say that photo of the baby has made me realise how happy I was the first time and how happy Im going to be if everything goes to plan this time :)

Beautiful Picture.

I have to say that photo of the baby has made me realise how happy I was the first time and how happy Im going to be if everything goes to plan this time :)

Beautiful Picture.

All the very best. You cannot believe what a journey this has been. Few can, mercifully. Good luck.

That photograph has brought home how excited I am that Mrs MB is pregnant and due in August. Yet another Queens fan on the way. :D

Fantastic news MB. All the best to you and your (at this stage) much more important other half. :D

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I actually have a wee tear in my eye!

Mibbe the red wine, or mibbe the totally contented look on wee Thomas's face?

Congratulations to SD and his better half, well done on a beautiful baby. :thumsup2

Good health all of you. :)

I've had a wee tear in my eye now and again today now that things have calmed down. I find it odd I didn't cry at all at the time (though when he was actually born and I went across the room with the midwife to see his first breaths and the turning from blue to pink I then turned to Mrs SD to tell her he was perfect and I couldn't get the words out, I was completely choked up) but I've been much more emotional today. As I suggested before, can only be that there's been less to concentrate my attention elsewhere today. He's gorgeous, absolutely perfect. :):bairn

Congratulations SD.

You beat to it. My partner is to in to be induced on Sunday! I'm now starting to get really nervous :o

Good luck with that. The info we got was that being induced is usually a little worse than natural labour. Not entirely sure why but that's what they said. She got Prostin at 6pm Wednesday, had her waters broken manually at 9:30am Thursday and went into proper labour about 1:30pm Thursday. From there it was a long 4 - 5 hours (Jesus that was long) and a very short final hour and a half. It's worth every second though.

I will be thinking of you when I get a spare second. Good luck for Sunday but more likely, good luck for Monday.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I was very emotional at the time of the birth, and I completely broke down when I phoned my dad to tell him. The big girls blouse that I am.

His middle name is after my grandparents on my mother's side. I had to take a couple of seconds and a silent pause before I managed to tell my mum that. My grandmother died the year before I met the wife. My grandfather died the year after I met her but had Alzheimers for his final year or two. It was important to me to keep their name alive. It meant a lot. :bairn

I've had a wee tear in my eye now and again today now that things have calmed down. I find it odd I didn't cry at all at the time (though when he was actually born and I went across the room with the midwife to see his first breaths and the turning from blue to pink I then turned to Mrs SD to tell her he was perfect and I couldn't get the words out, I was completely choked up) but I've been much more emotional today. As I suggested before, can only be that there's been less to concentrate my attention elsewhere today. He's gorgeous, absolutely perfect. :):bairn

He is a particularly lovely boy, no doubt. :D

I cried at the birth of mine too, it was enormously moving. He plopped out (for want of a better word) and then opened one eye and looked up at me. Then he was quickly ushered out to the SCBU because he was premature, and I just sank into a chair and wept for about ten minutes solid.

Enjoy this time, it's something special. :D