Pregnancy And Parenting

What the Hell is an Ignis? :huh: I've never even heard of that!

I'll have to see what I can source. I have a few contacts in the car trade but it would have been a lot easier if I'd had notice of it.

Thomas seems fine. A more settled night last night.

It's a Suzuki.

Midwife handed him over to the health visitors now?

It's a Suzuki.

Midwife handed him over to the health visitors now?

Apologies, feeding time!

He's gaining weight fine and they are very happy with him. Health visitor is coming for first visit on wednesday. Not sure when midwives finish up. Due one tomorrow certainly, though they've dropped to every second day. I guess tomorrow might be the last.

I'm back to work tomorrow so that will change the whole routine again.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

And then we finally got around to trying out the car seat in the wife's car. Uh-oh :angry:

The fecking thing is completely impractical in a two door Toyota Yaris. I did suggest weeks ago that we should pick the thing up in advance and test these things but no, that's "unlucky". So now she's stuck in the house unable to realistically go anywhere with the wee man until we can change her car. And that'll be more fecking expense. :angry::angry:

It will physically go in but it can't go in the front seat because of the airbag and will only go in the back by squeezing it diagonally over the seat which is hopeless if the baby is actually in the thing. And even then, the seat belt turns out to be one of those annoying buggers that locks in position if it extends fully and then slips back a little so it's a complete nightmare to try to fit round a car seat. My VW doesn't do that.

Which means in the meantime either my dad will have to be on standby if Maureen needs to go anywhere when I'm not around or we'll need to swap cars which, even if it means I'm going to work in a hairdresser's car, I can cope with but Maureen doesn't want to drive a big car around. Magic! <_<

Consensus in the office is that we should be able to simply disable the airbag and use the seat in the front. Anyone got any experience of that? :unsure:

Consensus in the office is that we should be able to simply disable the airbag and use the seat in the front. Anyone got any experience of that? :unsure:

I wouldn't, what if the disable facility fails in a car accident and the bag inflates anyway?

By "disable" I presumed the whole thing was removed, no? :unsure:

I've e-mailed a friend in the motor trade to ask for advice.

Alot of cars come with the facility to switch it off, which worries me. But if you can get it removed fully then that would negate my worry. Our Ovlov doesn't have a passengers side airbag so the wee one is there.

Currently on hold to Green Flag to get said Vol "car that never beaks down"vo towed to garrage.

I'll have to see what I can source. I have a few contacts in the car trade but it would have been a lot easier if I'd had notice of it.

We got rid of a two door Micra and bought our four door A-Class close to Cole being born. There's a lot of space in the back of the A-Class, it has SIPS and you'll find a decent one for around 5k.

The boot is big enough for a pram too and as deceptfully spacious as it is, it has a small car feel if your wife doesn't like driving bigger cars.

I thought I'd post this here, I got this made and it only cost £22 and is a lovely keepsake.

If anyones interested drop me a PM and I'll give you the details, the lady does mail order :)

We got rid of a two door Micra and bought our four door A-Class close to Cole being born. There's a lot of space in the back of the A-Class, it has SIPS and you'll find a decent one for around 5k.

The boot is big enough for a pram too and as deceptfully spacious as it is, it has a small car feel if your wife doesn't like driving bigger cars.

Mmm, really don't want to spend 5k on a second car, even with a generous trade in on her Yaris that's still way more than I want to spend.

I am going to have a look at things in terms of sticking it in the front seat at home tonight. I'm informed by my friend that they think it can be removed but only by a Toyota dealer and they will make us sign a waiver before they do it (which is fair enough of course). I'd like to maybe look at getting a 51 plate Golf or Focus or something similar but beggars can't be choosers and we'll probably need to move fast rather than wait around for the right car.

Checking also to see if my mother's three door Fiesta has a front passenger airbag. If it doesn't then a car swap is a possibility but if it does then we're no further forward.

Mmm, really don't want to spend 5k on a second car, even with a generous trade in on her Yaris that's still way more than I want to spend.

I am going to have a look at things in terms of sticking it in the front seat at home tonight. I'm informed by my friend that they think it can be removed but only by a Toyota dealer and they will make us sign a waiver before they do it (which is fair enough of course). I'd like to maybe look at getting a 51 plate Golf or Focus or something similar but beggars can't be choosers and we'll probably need to move fast rather than wait around for the right car.

Checking also to see if my mother's three door Fiesta has a front passenger airbag. If it doesn't then a car swap is a possibility but if it does then we're no further forward.

Bloody Toyota confirmed that so far as they are concerned there is no legal way to disable the airbags in the front of the Yaris. :angry:

So that car's fecked then. Can't use it. Looks like we might be able to use my mum's Fiesta but still to be absolutely confirmed. More likely we'll just have to buy a new car. :angry::angry:

Washing machine is now fixed (£52 later) though. :)