Pregnancy And Parenting

Mrs.Shuggie is experiencing some ridiculous hip pain this time around. She is 16 weeks. She can barely move and I find myself having to help her simply move when she becomes uncomfortable. Sitting, standing and walking are a struggle. She hasn't been sleeping because of it either. She was having some discomfort with our first but just from looking at her and listening to her she is having considerable more problems this time.

Has she been referred to a physio? Sounds like SPD, which I believe is pretty horrible.

She hasn't been referred to a physio, no. Funnily enough my sister in law suggested SPD earlier in the week and after Googling a little bit about it, it sounds gruesome. I've been urging her to ask to be referred all week and I think she will be in the next few days.

The referral might take some time to come through, but things like sleeping with a pillow between her knees can help. The unfortunate thing is that if it is SPD, she's likely to be in some pain until the baby arrives. She'll probably be on crutches soon if it's bad. :(

Swimming is great relief, apparently (I guess the weightlessness of being in water takes the pressure off the hips) but not breaststroke for obvious reasons.

Edited by Reina

The referral might take some time to come through, but things like sleeping with a pillow between her knees can help. The unfortunate thing is that if it is SPD, she's likely to be in some pain until the baby arrives. She'll probably be on crutches soon if it's bad. :(

Swimming is great relief, apparently (I guess the weightlessness of being in water takes the pressure off the hips) but not breaststroke for obvious reasons.

Yeah she has tried the pillow but no joy. And after reading a bit on it after the sister in law mentioned it, she went off her head when I pointed out it'll last the duration...wasn't aware about crutches though. I have a feeling the next 5 months or so will be hell for her if that's what it turns out to be.

I'll have to get reading on what I can do!!!

As horrible as it must be, I couldn't help but laugh having to pull her off the bog last night.

Yup my husband had to help me off the loo recently too. Life is too glamorous! You can get support bands of varying tensions to help support the pelvis. My friend had horrible spd and could barely move for the last three months of both her pregnancies.

Yup my husband had to help me off the loo recently too. Life is too glamorous! You can get support bands of varying tensions to help support the pelvis. My friend had horrible spd and could barely move for the last three months of both her pregnancies.

I looked at the band type things but she is dead against wearing one.

The only positivity we can take that it isn't SPD is that she was nowhere near as bad first time around, although I have no idea if has anything to do with it.

My boy's turned two today! He woke up to a 'breakfast' of sweets and pressies and the day basically continued the same way throughout!

He's a good lad and eats his fruit and veg on other days so he got spoiled today.

My boy's turned two today! He woke up to a 'breakfast' of sweets and pressies and the day basically continued the same way throughout!

He's a good lad and eats his fruit and veg on other days so he got spoiled today.

My daughters second birthday was on the 6th too, after a horrendous first 18 months, she has finally become a joy and is now worth keeping.

I bought two selection boxes in Tesco yesterday because they were cheap. That's a start, isn't it? :unsure:

Only if you manage not to eat them before Christmas.

I've already eaten 2 boxes of mince pies.