Pregnancy And Parenting

I would think with your wife's complex medical needs when it comes to pregnancy you would be. Why not phone them directly and pose the question to them?

We've already called the consultants secretary numerous times, and have been told on ever occasion that she would call us back, and as yet, nothing!!!!

I took my eldest son, aged three, to his first game on Saturday. He just about made it to full time but got a bit bored towards the end. So Mrs MB had to leave five minutes before the end of the game against Stenhousemuir. They missed two red cards! It was worth it as he was able to run around the terracing at Palmerston, although I didn't get to see as much of the match as usual. He shouted 'Come on Queens' and clapped when the goals went in. He also looked resplendent in my old blue and white scarf and got a free lolly from the club shop. The highlight for him was getting a high five from the mascot, Dougie Doonhamer, and a stroke of his (toy) collie pup. I guess you had to be there to see the utter joy in his face. So proud that I am now a dad that has taken his son to a Queens game.

I took my eldest son, aged three, to his first game on Saturday. He just about made it to full time but got a bit bored towards the end. So Mrs MB had to leave five minutes before the end of the game against Stenhousemuir. They missed two red cards! It was worth it as he was able to run around the terracing at Palmerston, although I didn't get to see as much of the match as usual. He shouted 'Come on Queens' and clapped when the goals went in. He also looked resplendent in my old blue and white scarf and got a free lolly from the club shop. The highlight for him was getting a high five from the mascot, Dougie Doonhamer, and a stroke of his (toy) collie pup. I guess you had to be there to see the utter joy in his face. So proud that I am now a dad that has taken his son to a Queens game.

Great stuff :D

The kids really do love Dougie, dont they?

1351070874[/url]' post='6742222']

Great, eh?! smile.gif

My wee man's first game was a 5-2 win over Queens Park at Hampden when he was a year and two months old. Probably didn't have a clue what was going on but I'll never forget him shouting at the players when they were coming back out at half time.

His favourite ground is Somerset. Also due to the mascot shaking his hand and the freedom to run about the terracing.

Dad was down at the club the week I was due and had a missed call from me on his mobile so explained I was expecting to your ex chairman and he sent a dougie away with dad for the baby. Nice I thought :)

Had a midwife appointment earlier in the week with Mrs The_Craig. Heard the wee yin's heartbeat for the first time. Was also offered the whooping cough vaccination as well, but it can only be given after 28 weeks. So we'll be getting it at the next appointment (6 weeks time) IIRC

Are all you other expectant couples taking it too?

Guest Kincardine

Was also offered the whooping cough vaccination as well, but it can only be given after 28 weeks. So we'll be getting it at the next appointment (6 weeks time) IIRC

Are all you other expectant couples taking it too?

According to an article I read this morning, this outbreak has resulted in the death of 10 babies so far. If I were pregnant, there'd be nothing stopping me taking it!

I think that the stupid MMR debacle about 10/12 years ago has cause parents to be suspicious about vaccines and that the death of 10 wee weans recently has been the consequence. To me this is just tragic.

Vaccinations are really important and it's important that there's a 95% take-up on common vaccines.

Get yer weans (or late-pregnant mothers) jabbed!

I'll definitely be taking it. Had my flu jab the other week too, and the only side effect was a sore arm for a day or so. Scan on Wednesday, can't wait. Getting loads of movements now, was getting properly booted earlier on...