Pregnancy And Parenting

Social Services tend to bend over backwards to keep families together - or they used to, maybe the policy has changed (we no longer foster "newbies".)

That tends to be my understanding, typically we are pretty shite at raising children outside of their family, so it's a situation social services want to desperately avoid. Of course in some situations our shite efforts are better than those of the family, when that is tho is a bloody hard call, and I certainly don't envy those that need to make it. Especially when the wrong call can be as disastrous as this case.

I thought first time babies were supposed to be long and arduous? I was watching TV at half 8 and the missus came in to say her water had broken, by 00:29 we had baby Isabella (Izzy for short)

Mum and baby doing well, currently necking some pie and beans at the hospital cafe and hopefully get them home for dinner.

I have never shit it so much in my life.

I thought first time babies were supposed to be long and arduous? I was watching TV at half 8 and the missus came in to say her water had broken, by 00:29 we had baby Isabella (Izzy for short)

Mum and baby doing well, currently necking some pie and beans at the hospital cafe and hopefully get them home for dinner.

Congratulations! Some babies really dont hang about! Both of ours have been born in super quick times. Contractions started at about 8pm for the first and baby was born at 10.30 and then for the second we got to the hospital about half 8am, she got in the pool at 9 n baby shot out at 20 past 10!!

congrats bobby, thought you'd be the type to have a placenta shake which is the in thing just now

Congrats Bobby, glad everything went ok, mind and stock up on whatever kip you can between now and the pair of them getting home!! :thumsup2

Congratulations! Some babies really dont hang about! Both of ours have been born in super quick times. Contractions started at about 8pm for the first and baby was born at 10.30 and then for the second we got to the hospital about half 8am, she got in the pool at 9 n baby shot out at 20 past 10!!

Congrats bobby. Glad wife had an quick labour. Get some sleep before they come home!!

Nice one.

Living up to your username then?

Congrats Bobby

Congrats Bobby, glad everything went ok, mind and stock up on whatever kip you can between now and the pair of them getting home!! :thumsup2

Thanks guys, over the moon. Just getting used to the dark green poo and cleaning up after her.

Totally worth all the stress and worry. She's an absolute cracker

Thanks guys, over the moon. Just getting used to the dark green poo and cleaning up after her.

Totally worth all the stress and worry. She's an absolute cracker

i can vouch for that, the picture on pussbook is brilliant. Once again, congrats mate

.... Just getting used to the dark green poo and cleaning up after her...

Aye we've all been there but don't worry. You're missus will eventually regain feeling "down below" and the little accidents will dry up.

So young Master DB has decided he doesn't really like sleep, he's been a great sleeper until the last few nights but has decided that waking up every 3 hours is great fun.

It's fair to say I'm feeling it a bit at work today, that morning coffee was needed even more so than normal today.

He's still bloody cute though, not sure how I managed it to be honest. :lol:

post-74-0-30314600-1401752264_thumb.jpg

My girl has a play doh obsession just now. She was asking for some yesterday, so the wife went on YouTube to find out how to make some home made.

What she produced consisted of water, flour, salt, oil and food colouring. Trouble was it was a little more wet than the real stuff. It's gone everywhere - walls, carpets, sofas. Sticks to everything.

Has anyone had to use neocate before? Youngest has just been prescribed it and seems to be taking less of this than other milks but still lasting the same time between feeds. Just wondered if its meant to be more filling. Got the Dietitician on Thursday.