Pregnancy And Parenting

Trimmed it when he was just over a year and I take the clippers to it when I do his dad's hair now. I'm not a fan of little boys with long hair! It's a bit longer than I would like it at the moment but I haven't got round to cutting it.

You'll be wanting to take the scissors to Cal's hair when you see him then! ;)

It's more when they are about 3 and they have proper long hair, look love you had a boy not a girl, he's not meant to have a bob!.....not baby whispy hair!

Yup, his hair starting to get pretty long but he only 16 months

Can't remember when we started getting Thomas's hair cut but it was probably about then or just after. He was really late in getting hair come in properly anyway though. I've just looked back through his photo album on the pc and he was still mostly bald at 16 months. By 17 months he was quite hary at the sides round the ears so I think he had a haircut about then, though he still took a while longer to fill in at the top. He gets his hair cut along with me by a friend who is a hairdresser.

Steven hasn't had a haircut yet though he's really quite hairy at the back now. Again, slowly filling in at the top. He certainly has far more hair than Thomas at the same stage but because he's blonde and Thomas was darker it doesn't stand out as much.

Worth also noting perhaps after the tribulations of the last three weeks or so, Thomas is absolutely back to normal again and Steven is pretty much there also today having stopped coughing constantly as of yesterday. Two nights running Thomas has slept right through and Steven has only been up once. Heaven!

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Made the mistake of watching one born every minute. This polish girl was given birth it looked awful. And I don't have to do it

Haha. I've been watching this also, my missus thought it would be a good idea! I'll be honest and say i'm now dreading labour, which it quite selfish really cause it'll be a hundred times worse for miss cyber_soccer.

To be fair that polish lassie has been the worst i've seen apart from a complete nutter a few weeks back.

Made it all very real and gory blood shit and all. Frankie Boyle was right about never looking at a woman in the same way again. Hopefully I will man up a bit before the big day. First midwife appointment next week.

Midwife just phone Natalie asking if we want to attend these birth classes. Are they worth going to, bearing mind this is our first?

I've got it in my head its just gona be patronising as foook and can't be arsed with that.

Dara does a cracking bit about this in his new dvd. I haven't been to one -for obvious reasons- but I think that analysis is probably right,

Midwife just phone Natalie asking if we want to attend these birth classes. Are they worth going to, bearing mind this is our first?

I've got it in my head its just gona be patronising as foook and can't be arsed with that.

I would go. I found them useful and not at all the sort of "lie on the floor, participating, breathing" bollocks I expected from seeing pre-natal classes on the telly.

I think they go on and on (and on) about breastfeeding more than necessary and a lot of it went over my head and was therefore quite dull until I realised later what it meant but you learn things and parts of it (particularly baby mouth to mouth resucitation and how to clear a blocked airway) might just save a life at some point.

I was shocked at how few people actually did go to them. It was only four Monday nights but we were the only couple to attend all four of them in our group and even at peak in the first week there were only about six couples there.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

my wee one started Dancing lessons last tuesday, 2nd time tonight :lol: . she'll be 3 in May, fuckin magic watching her just jump about singing "5 little ducks went out one day" . . .

Is it 5? Shit, we've been doing 3. No wonder it doesn't seem to last long :lol:

Still, we do include a final "0 ducks going out" and all 3 wandering back over the hills - just to give it a happy ending :)

I would go. I found them useful and not at all the sort of "lie on the floor, participating, breathing" bollocks I expected from seeing pre-natal classes on the telly.

I think they go on and on (and on) about breastfeeding more than necessary and a lot of it went over my head and was therefore quite dull until I realised later what it meant but you learn things and parts of it (particularly baby mouth to mouth resucitation and how to clear a blocked airway) might just save a life at some point.

I was shocked at how few people actually did go to them. It was only four Monday nights but we were the only couple to attend all four of them in our group and even at peak in the first week there were only about six couples there.

Cheers SD.

You put a good point across. I think we'll definately go to the first one and see if we're getting much out of it... by saying "i think we'll". I mean i'll be dragged to.