Pregnancy And Parenting

Is it 5? Shit, we've been doing 3. No wonder it doesn't seem to last long :lol:

Still, we do include a final "0 ducks going out" and all 3 wandering back over the hills - just to give it a happy ending :)

I knew we should have done the happy ending thing in the house, I still see the Shock on the wee ones face after I explain no little ducks coming back after a fox mauling the troop of ducks en route to the pond. :(

I didn't go to the classes, was advised by a midwife not to bother.

I didn't go either but then I was a midwife at the time.

I think the classes have there uses, however a lot of the time it depends on the midwife taking them. If it's your first and you feel you know nothing of what to expect then it will be useful for you. They usually include a visit to the labour ward which on first look can be a bit daunting therefore seeing it prior to labour makes it a lot less scary.

I found mine useful and SD might have appreciated that ours was set up to have a separate breastfeeding class so if you didn't want to hear about breastfeeding, you didn't have to go to that particular one.

I didn't go either but then I was a midwife at the time.

I think the classes have there uses, however a lot of the time it depends on the midwife taking them. If it's your first and you feel you know nothing of what to expect then it will be useful for you. They usually include a visit to the labour ward which on first look can be a bit daunting therefore seeing it prior to labour makes it a lot less scary.

I wasn't too worried about seeing round, as I was consultant led I was always going to be put in whatever room was empty, had I been midwife led I would have liked a tour to see what was available. I'm consultant led again this time.

I found mine useful and SD might have appreciated that ours was set up to have a separate breastfeeding class so if you didn't want to hear about breastfeeding, you didn't have to go to that particular one.

Imagine being educated on the best way to feed your child :rolleyes:

Well mrs pubcarking went to the first midwife appointment was kept waiting 40 mins before being told no one was coming. I imagine the way she is at the minute some poor receptionist had a few fucks thrown into them

I'm as close to cracking up as I have ever been. Charlie has some sort of eye infection, that much is obvious. Trying to get an appointment at the Doctors seems to be where the hassle is. For whatever reason, they really don't want to see him.

He has been up most of the night with a bad cough (chesty cough) and a lot of greenish goo coming from both of his eyes. I've tried everything (ran out of Calpol at 2am, it was not a good moment I'll admit) and every time he sounds like nodding off he coughs, which gets him into a bit of a state.

I've tried to wash my hands every time I have cleaned his eyes but I reckon I've now got what he has and it is quite irritating so I can see why he is pissed off.

And to top it all off LM is in Bristol this weekend so I'm home alone with him.

I'm as close to cracking up as I have ever been. Charlie has some sort of eye infection, that much is obvious. Trying to get an appointment at the Doctors seems to be where the hassle is. For whatever reason, they really don't want to see him.

He has been up most of the night with a bad cough (chesty cough) and a lot of greenish goo coming from both of his eyes. I've tried everything (ran out of Calpol at 2am, it was not a good moment I'll admit) and every time he sounds like nodding off he coughs, which gets him into a bit of a state.

I've tried to wash my hands every time I have cleaned his eyes but I reckon I've now got what he has and it is quite irritating so I can see why he is pissed off.

And to top it all off LM is in Bristol this weekend so I'm home alone with him.

It's conjunctivitis probably. You'll need something from the doctor for him, I'd guess. Ask for calpol while you're in.

For yourself you can get medicated eye ointments for that over the counter in a pharmacy, but I don't think they give you something for wee ones.

It's conjunctivitis probably. You'll need something from the doctor for him, I'd guess. Ask for calpol while you're in.

For yourself you can get medicated eye ointments for that over the counter in a pharmacy, but I don't think they give you something for wee ones.

Whatever it is, it seems to have cleared up since he woke up. Yesterday morning he had trouble opening his eyes and that was the same at 5am today. However, he didn't get up until 10am today and there was no sign of the dreaded green goo. His cough seems to have gone as well.

Regardless of all this clearing, I still thought it best to phone the Doctor (third time this week). She has given him a prescription for eye drops as a precaution but still doesn't see the point in making an appointment to see him herself. I'm getting pretty pissed off with the whole situation at our local surgery, they seem to only hand out appointments if you're in some sort of life threatening situation.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this is an end to it as I really don't want to run the risk of having to phone the Doc again, as I think I'll probably go mental at her.

Whatever it is, it seems to have cleared up since he woke up. Yesterday morning he had trouble opening his eyes and that was the same at 5am today. However, he didn't get up until 10am today and there was no sign of the dreaded green goo. His cough seems to have gone as well.

Regardless of all this clearing, I still thought it best to phone the Doctor (third time this week). She has given him a prescription for eye drops as a precaution but still doesn't see the point in making an appointment to see him herself. I'm getting pretty pissed off with the whole situation at our local surgery, they seem to only hand out appointments if you're in some sort of life threatening situation.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this is an end to it as I really don't want to run the risk of having to phone the Doc again, as I think I'll probably go mental at her.

That is a terrible service. Our surgery would rather see a child than not, I have an excellent relationship with our GP and she is great.

That is a terrible service. Our surgery would rather see a child than not, I have an excellent relationship with our GP and she is great.

Lucky you, ours are arseholes.

Ended up getting into a bit of a slagging match with the arsewipe working at the Chemist this afternoon as well. It's not been a great day in the Wee household. Mrs Wee only been away for a day and a half and things are already falling apart.

Sounds awful Adam. Hope all is well soon.

Like Rowan we find our surgery are if anything guilty of over-reaction when it comes to young children, and especially babies. Any time we phone up for an appointment we get one the same day, even if it means squeezing us in. And on several occasions they've then punted us on up to paediatrics at the hospital. If there's any doubt at all with babies when telling us about symptoms isn't an option they like to cover themselves.

Anyway, Thomas has now been released from hospital again. Been in since Wednesday evening with breathing issues again. Tuesday night my wife pointed out his nose was running and he had "a cold". 24 hours later he's on oxygen, nebulisers hourly and an IV drip! Poor wee man. At the moment it seems any time he gets any sort of virus it goes straight to his chest and affects his breathing. They are now considering whether to give him a steroid inhaler to take all the time for now but have decided to wait for now as he shows no symptoms of needing it when he doesn't have a virus so the working theory is it's all virus induced rather than a general problem with his breathing. Hopefully as the weather improves we'll see less of it and by next winter he'll have grown out of it. There is though the chance he's going to be asthamtic or at least asthmatic in viral reactions on an ongoing basis. Hope not.

Sounds awful Adam. Hope all is well soon.

Like Rowan we find our surgery are if anything guilty of over-reaction when it comes to young children, and especially babies. Any time we phone up for an appointment we get one the same day, even if it means squeezing us in. And on several occasions they've then punted us on up to paediatrics at the hospital. If there's any doubt at all with babies when telling us about symptoms isn't an option they like to cover themselves.

Anyway, Thomas has now been released from hospital again. Been in since Wednesday evening with breathing issues again. Tuesday night my wife pointed out his nose was running and he had "a cold". 24 hours later he's on oxygen, nebulisers hourly and an IV drip! Poor wee man. At the moment it seems any time he gets any sort of virus it goes straight to his chest and affects his breathing. They are now considering whether to give him a steroid inhaler to take all the time for now but have decided to wait for now as he shows no symptoms of needing it when he doesn't have a virus so the working theory is it's all virus induced rather than a general problem with his breathing. Hopefully as the weather improves we'll see less of it and by next winter he'll have grown out of it. There is though the chance he's going to be asthamtic or at least asthmatic in viral reactions on an ongoing basis. Hope not.

Cheers SD. Charlie has been OK tonight, woke up once but a swift bottle put him back down for the night. Second time he has woken up with no green goo so I am keeping my fingers crossed that he will be OK for the football tomorrow.

After the argument with the chemist I've pretty much decided to switch Doctors but as LM is not back until Sunday night I'll wait until then. Fingers crossed he doesn't wake up tonight as I could use with a decent nights sleep and I would quite like to make the game tomorrow. :lol:

I'll be honest I wouldn't have a clue what to do if it were Charlie going through half the stuff that Thomas has gone through. Really hope that this is the end of the tunnel for you all.