Pregnancy And Parenting

He's got an upper respiratory infection & and an ear infection. He's got some antibiotics to clear it up. She was fairly happy with him tho, his lungs etc are fine so thats good.

He's a wee trooper, if he never had his cough we would never have known because he's not showed any signs of being bothered by either.

Rowan - looks like a big improvement, you must be over the moon with the results?

I am, she's gone from being so red raw that she was bleeding to normal skin colour since her appointment on Tuesday afternoon :D

My clothes all packed in the car ready for journey south and I end up with 3oz of baby sick on me. Bloody reflux! Hardly a bit of ezcema left on Niamh, I've been able to cut her down to the milder steroid cream and the parafin. Can't believe the difference.

There was a product safety alert notice in the paper yesterday. Mothercare's Swinging Cribs and Gliding Cribs of batch codes dated between 1st September 2010 and 31st May 2011 are affected. The problem is with the bolts that were supplied with these cribs and it is recommended that if you have one of these cribs, you stop using it immediately. Mothercare will supply replacement bolts if you contact them on 0844 875 5122 between 8am and 8pm Mon-Sat or 9am-5pm Sun. The important date that you need to look for is printed on a label on the base of the crib.

Yep, ours was one of the ones affected, and with that in mind, there was a good few people had babies before and around the same time as us, so if you think you might have bought a crib that could be affected, please check!

So the dermatologsit yesterday, another 2 types of creams added to her assortment. We've to monitor her skin and use the creams as we see fit.

Peadiatrican today, another medicine for before her feeds.

She's costing our surgery a fortune in pescription!

She's sitting up on her own now for around half an hour at a time if not more and the two of them are really starting to play together! Niamh hero worships Ruairidh!

5 weeks old today and Harry seems to be trying to sleep through the night. Tuesday night he went from 9pm until 3am and last night it was from 8 until 4.45am. What a lad!

I found that even if I could get a 6 hour unbroken sleep I could function!