Pregnancy And Parenting

Here's a forum appropriate question, what age do we think it's acceptable to start taking the wee ones to the football? I'm desperate to get Josh to a Queens game but he's a bit young yet.

I took my lass to games aged 3. She is four now and had been to 16 games now. One of these games includes a late night Scotland U21 game but that was a bit much for her. She watched the whole game but was pretty tired (and grumpy) the following day. Bad parenting really...:unsure:

That's a good thing about junior grounds that I've noticed. Kids have got a lot more space to run around in. Worst bit about taking kids to any game is the unwanted vocabularly expansion. dry.gif

Congrats, Addie!

Thanks Mrs M. :D

Have to admit, I have been wanting to go to a Juniors game since moving to the central belt, but my wee one wouldn't like me going without her and the language puts me off.

I took them both to the County v St Mirrin U 21 game a few weeks ago, it was free to get in as I knew we wouldn't get past half time. I've taken them both to quiet a few Scottish Schools games due to my dads involvment and the free entry! He enjoys the first half hour or so then gets bored!

Here's a forum appropriate question, what age do we think it's acceptable to start taking the wee ones to the football? I'm desperate to get Josh to a Queens game but he's a bit young yet.

I first got taken to a game at four and a half and I just couldn't pay attention, wasn't for a good few amount of games before I started to realise something was happening on the big green thing infront of me.

I think my dad took me because 1)He wanted to go back to the games and 2)I was starting to ask who Celtic and Rangers were, I'm glad he took immediate action.

I first got taken to a game at four and a half and I just couldn't pay attention, wasn't for a good few amount of games before I started to realise something was happening on the big green thing infront of me.

I think my dad took me because 1)He wanted to go back to the games and 2)I was starting to ask who Celtic and Rangers were, I'm glad he took immediate action.

This is my big concern, no way is he supporting one of the OF. I need to indoctrinate him early :lol:

Mentioned this a couple of times on the other forums, but I made my wee one supports her local team, Motherwell (her choice). Im not a well fan myself (I moved here just after she was born) so quite proud she made up her own mind and supports a team other than Rangers, which my wifes side of the family support as does her cousins).

Has her own Season Ticket now too.:lol:

I can officially say that I'm gonna be a daddy fo the first time after a few years of trying. First scan was yesterday and got a due date for end of march :) well chuffed.

Congratulations to you and your other half fella. :D

I can officially say that I'm gonna be a daddy fo the first time after a few years of trying. First scan was yesterday and got a due date for end of march :) well chuffed.

Congratulations!

Is March roughly 9 months after the 50 Shades explosion? :unsure:

Edited by Mrs M

Congratulations!

Is March roughly 9 months after the 50 Shades explosion? :unsure:

No doubt when it's a slow news day some journalist will try to make a link between that shite and a 'baby boom'! I think March/April always seem to be busy baby months though maybe it's more to do with Spring?

Oh, there's already been all sorts of baby boom predictions off the back of 50 Shades. I do remember it being July that I heard/read loads about it because I was on placement at the time.

I think it's probably more to do with drunken summer parties and barbecues actually.