The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Ludo *1, on 15 Jan 2016 - 22:47, said:

Was JBL not lauded from pretty much all corners when he took up commentating again after a few year out on here?

I think it's extremely hard for a commentator to do well these days. JBL was good before. Now he isn't. It'll be interested to see if Ranallo can buck the trend, but I can just see him going the same way as every single other over time.

I think it's extremely hard for a commentator to do well these days. JBL was good before. Now he isn't. It'll be interested to see if Ranallo can buck the trend, but I can just see him going the same way as every single other over time.

I know Jerry Lawler has never been everyone's cup of tea as a commentator but I think he only became noticeably pish when Vince decided that commentators should promote something every 30 seconds rather than call the action.

He just seemed to lose all interest and has became an annoyance.

I've only been watching it for two years so I've no idea what he was like to begin with, but he's shocking. I can't stand him or his big shit-eating grin.

Probably the same story that did the rounds last week with a "source" that claimed they were "WWE HR". Promptly rubbished by WWE themselves.

EDIT: In fact, the blog that originally reported it is now claiming that his source was right all along. His proof? The "Daniel Bryan released" story from 2010 on WWE.com. You know, when he was with the Nexus :lol:

EDIT2: Around all these released rumours...am I the only one that thinks that WWE would never go out of their way to release him of their own accord? They may never clear him to wrestle on their promotion - and maybe they've come to that conclusion already - but they'd be mental to not at least offer him another role within the company. If he came back tomorrow, he would get the biggest pop still. He would be a massive asset within the performance center and never have to come near the ring. He could even be a GM or manager type figure (although I doubt he'd go for that). So if they offered that, and he still said no, then surely it would still not come under him being "released". Surely, they would say that they offered him a few other deals, he rejected, and wish him well in future. If they had asked that, and then just gave him a non-fanfare release, that would just seem odd to me.

Or maybe I'm over-thinking it.

Edited by forameus