The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

2 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

Why did Tony Atlas get so much screen time? Also, what happened to his sleeves?

I don’t know why he was actually pocked, but he seemed the most honest of the talking heads. Didn’t really give a f**k what he said.

4 hours ago, TheGoon said:

I don’t know why he was actually pocked, but he seemed the most honest of the talking heads. Didn’t really give a f**k what he said.

He often seems like the adult in the room, even though he's also a complete f**king weirdo

Finished it tonight. Agree that it's a massive waste of time. Only the last 20 minutes of the last episode are worth watching.

Overall it was just so daft. There were so many obvious lies and exaggerations and ridiculous statements. 

Lots of folk did their credibility no good, although with Hulk Hogan and Bruce Pritchard it didn't make a difference as both are notorious liars. 

Stephanie McMahon confirms that she's an utter creep. Shane McMahon is just a bit sad.

Undertaker is a monumental bootlicker, chief among quite a lot of others.

It was clearly intended to be a pure propaganda piece and the most recent lawsuit changed that. Wonder what it was originally going to be called?

It felt like they had a narrative of Vince being a tough but fair guy who was a business genius and a father figure, and that only the recent court case has tarnished this and has taken folk by surprise. In reality, he's been a horrific human being for decades.

Edited by DA Baracus

Having only really watched wrestling as a kid from around 2005ish to 2008ish I enjoyed the series. Him being disgraced during the filming of the thing clearly f**ked the thing up, and I do feel for the creators a bit in that regard. I think they would have wanted to tackle it more thoroughly, but lack of time and willingness of the cast of interviewees to speak on it has probably put paid to that.

Shane probably came out of that the best. Feel a bit sorry for him, his dads clearly an unloving psychopath. Tony Atlas was entertaining. Undertaker comes out looking the worse, "I'd take a bullet for that man", suffering Christ, grow up you helmet. Stone Cold outing himself as a thicko with regards to the CTE stuff as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Tanahashi's announced he's retiring January 4th 2026. With that plus Danielson ceasing to be full time, Cena on his retirement road & AJ Styles rumoured to be winding down yer all welcome to start feeling auld.

Also

image.thumb.png.26873f57fb6bbf86f7a55b13b46d02fe.png

BLESSED IMAGE

Did anyone notice when Vince was speaking about his wrestling hero his eyes lit up and had a big smile on his face. Felt like a split second he went back to being a kid again. 
Did enjoy it but most apart from the end was stories we have previously heard