The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

CM Punk just cut a promo better than anything he did in ROH.

That was unbelievable and quite honestly one of the best promos of the decade. I'm actually in shock at how good it was. Fucking speechless.

Sensational.

Couldn't agree more, the best promo I've heard in a long long time. At last the WWE are letting him be all heelish and straight edge and letting him cut loose with his promos.

They can only get better too.

SPOILER

FILLED

UPDATES

Chris Jericho and The Big Show df. The Legacy to retain the Unified Tag Team Titles in a decent match.

CM Punk cuts his career promo and asks the fans to "Just Say Yes" to a Straight Edge American lifestyle.

Christian df. Tommy Dreamer to win the ECW Title in a decent but short match.

Kofi Kingston df. Carlito, Primo, MVP, Jack Swagger and The Miz in an action packed and fun US Title Match.

Michelle McCool df. Melina to retain the Women's Championship in a vicious and violent match. A pleasantly surprising good match.

Randy Orton df. John Cena and Triple H in a terrific triple threat match to retain the WWE Title.

Mickie James df. Maryse in a contender for worst match of the year to win the Divas Title.

Jeff Hardy df. CM Punk to win the World Title in a very good main event.

Edited by DomDom

SPOILER

FILLED

UPDATES

Chris Jericho and The Big Show df. The Legacy to retain the Unified Tag Team Titles in a decent match.

CM Punk cuts his career promo and asks the fans to "Just Say Yes" to a Straight Edge American lifestyle.

Christian df. Tommy Dreamer to win the ECW Title in a decent but short match.

CM Punk should stay Champion forever!

Jeff Hardy is hot property, while CM Punk is only in the "getting there" stage, so having Jeff Hardy win the match isn't exactly the big shocking thing that people might think it is.

It DOES make less sense given what happened earlier in the night though, with CM Punk cutting the best promo of his career, and given the promos that man has cut, that is really saying something. They clearly wanted to make him a star on that night, and I was certain he was gonna win clean when he hit that Go 2 Sleep.

It makes sense for Jeff to get a decent run from a business standpoint.

Jeff Hardy is hot property, while CM Punk is only in the "getting there" stage, so having Jeff Hardy win the match isn't exactly the big shocking thing that people might think it is.

It DOES make less sense given what happened earlier in the night though, with CM Punk cutting the best promo of his career, and given the promos that man has cut, that is really saying something. They clearly wanted to make him a star on that night, and I was certain he was gonna win clean when he hit that Go 2 Sleep.

It makes sense for Jeff to get a decent run from a business standpoint.

Aye. It could also be a major factor for him signing a new contract, with a guarentee from Vince that he'd get a run as Champion.

Watched Night of Champions and i was pretty impressed.

Although, I wasn't so impressed with the fact that Big Show was Jericho's secret tag team partner although Big Show's new ring attire was amusing to say the least! The tag match was a decent spectacle though and it was nice to see Big Show and Jericho win. What makes me wonder though is who they're going to fued with next, the only face tag team right now is Cryme Tyme, who quite frankly suck.

Christian winning the ECW Championship was a nice surprise and the match with Dreamer was at a decent standard although it was quite short. Michelle McCool vs Melina was the best women's match i've seen in quite a while, was at a good pace and very violent, loved the DDT on the security wall, both divas did a great job. In contrast the Mickie James vs Maryse match was absolutely boring.

The United States championship match was pretty enjoyable with lots of action, although out of all the superstars in the match i felt that Swagger had the only chance of taking the gold home instead of Kingston, hopefully there will be a fued between the two.

The triple threat match for the WWE title was very good and for once Raw delivered a quality standard main event match, loved it when the audience cheered for Orton and booed for Cena when both superstars landed punches on each other. :lol: I was happy to see Orton retain the title although it would have been interesting if the match had ended with Orton tapping with Cena and Triple H landing submissions on him.

Enjoyed watching Mysterio vs Ziggler, who has come a long way since being a phoney in the Spirit Squad while Mysterio has been on a roll this year delivering several excellent matches, would like to see this fued go on for a little longer.

The CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy match had the best build up out of the lot, while Punk's promo at the start of the show was awesome, as he quite frankly spoke the truth.

The match itself was pretty good although the ending sucked, Hardy hitting the Swanton Bomb on Punk for the first time and winning the title even though Hardy kicked out of Punk's GTS? :huh:

This storyline is pretty much all about Punk living a healthy straight edge lifestyle while Hardy is the screw up most notably through taking drugs and he ends up winning the title, must say it's pretty concerning what type of message that sends to the viewers. Also with Morrison in line for the next title shot i can see a triple threat match for the World Heavyweight Title at Summerslam between all three.

Edited by Parscelona

This storyline is pretty much all about Punk living a healthy straight edge lifestyle while Hardy is the screw up most notably through taking drugs and he ends up winning the title, must say it's pretty concerning what type of message that sends to the viewers.

Especially in the PG times.

CM Punk is going to be the Steve Austin of these times if WWE allow it though. The utterly world boiling heat he had last night is proof. I reckon they're only doing this because they realise that.

Watched Night of Champions and i was pretty impressed.

Although, I wasn't so impressed with the fact that Big Show was Jericho's secret tag team partner although Big Show's new ring attire was amusing to say the least! The tag match was a decent spectacle though and it was nice to see Big Show and Jericho win. What makes me wonder though is who they're going to fued with next, the only face tag team right now is Cryme Tyme, who quite frankly suck.

Good guess.

How long do you think before Chris Masters is fired for failing a wellness test?

I'm going for 5 weeks.

To be honest I don't think he looked too bad with the roids..............but I totally forgot how much I hated him in the first place :lol: .

He looked like someone else but I can't think who it was.