The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Chris Jericho vs. Christian - Non-Title Match

These guys had a pretty good match at Wrestlemania XX and if you ask me, Christian has gotten even better since then, so this match has some serious potential. This was a really good main event as it gradually sucked the fans in and it built up really, really well. They were obviously leaving quite a lot in the tank, but this is still a match worth a watch this week. ***1/4

Agreed, I also really enjoyed the match mainly because i'm a big fan of both wrestlers and it was so refreshing to watch ECW with a big name superstar like the great Chris Jericho on it. That man could carry all three shows simply because he's that damn good. I reckon there was more to this match than just Jericho "scouting for talent", i think the reason for the match was to test Christian to see if he's ready for main event level in Smackdown or Raw and in my view he's ready.

I can see Christian making the step up soon and it may be a longshot here but i think Shelton Benjamin could takeover from Christian as the face of ECW.

The voodoo industry collapsed so he turned to pimping to get the bills paid...

You're silly. He turned to supreme fighting, then to a black supremacist, then to pimping...

On a different note, Daniels doing the most interesting thing of his career with his accidental near paralysing face plant...

You're silly. He turned to supreme fighting, then to a black supremacist, then to pimping...

On a different note, Daniels doing the most interesting thing of his career with his accidental near paralysing face plant...

He then became a born-again and vowed to censor harmful images from our screens.

:lol:

How very true.

Still haven't watched disc 3 of Macho Madness, and with Superstars, Impact and Smackdown to watch, I don't think I'll get to it tonight.

The weekend will have lots of Macho Man !

Apparently, Eric Escobar is some sort of psychopath. Superb. PWInsider might be fun for the next few months. :D

WWE Superstars 22/10/2009

I have no idea what's on the show. It's good to get back to that sort of watching again. Might make me enjoy it a wee bit more.

Kelly Kelly vs. Gail Kim

I almost wish I DID know what was on the show now. This would have been nice with a warning label. We do get to see Gail Kim though, which I suppose I can deal with. This was actually not a horrible match in the slightest. Either Kelly has improved or Gail Kim did a hell of a carry job. I was pleasantly surprised here. **1/2

Vladimir Kozlov and Ezekiel Jackson vs. Tommy Dreamer and Goldust

I thought that we had seen the last of Dreamer. I guess the word I'm really looking for there was "hoped". If you stick so much uninteresting talent in one match, don't really be surprised if it turns out to be not very interesting. Even the Goldust character isn't any good anymore. This is really one for the crap book. 1/2*

Drew McIntyre and Eric Escobar vs. Matt Hardy and R-Truth

This is the main event ? This is surely a bit of a step down from last week. Oh, and before I forget ... VICKIE~~~!!! This is absolutely bog standard tag team fare, but it's not bad. They don't try anything out of the ordinary, which is to be expected given the fact that the heel team are still very much learning their trade on TV. McIntyre gets another pinfall win here which bodes well. **1/2

OVERALL

This is a decent show. Two standard matches and a match which isn't very good at all. You can get worse from a one hour show.

PWInsider.com reported Thursday night that WWE has reached a new deal with Lance Cade.

Cade, who was contracted with WWE from 2003 to 2008, was released from his contract while in the midst of a push that saw him align with Chris Jericho and wrestle his one-time trainer Shawn Michaels.

Though details at the time of his release were initially sketchy, veteran Jim Ross quickly added some color to the situation, noting, "Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medical care."

Yay!

Honestly. why fire a guy, then hire him back the following year.

As the article says, the firing was down to some rather strange circumstances which nobody really knows about.

He was in a main event fued when that happened, so it makes sense that he be brought back when enough time has passed after whatever the incident was.

As the article says, the firing was down to some rather strange circumstances which nobody really knows about.

He was in a main event fued when that happened, so it makes sense that he be brought back when enough time has passed after whatever the incident was.

I'm thinking it could be HBK's influence he's back after him training Cade..............thats right Michales persuaded Vince to sign him............The Clique is back :P