The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

The 1-2-3 Kid was actually fucking brilliant. RAW was like his own little show where he'd get put up against loads of opponents and get given 10 minutes to have an awesome match with them. If he was against a bigger guy, he might even get 20 minutes.

I miss that version of Waltman. :(

Of course he's a w**k, but I've never bothered about that.

If I had, then the likes of Steve Austin, Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Rick Rude, Jake Roberts and more and more wouldn't be appreciated.

SPOILERS AHEAD

WWE Smackdown 23/10/2009

Chris Jericho is coming to the ring to open, and we see what happened on RAW. Even the fans in the arena are sick of his schtick now. Cryme Time are now heading for the ring. More specifically, JTG is heading for the ring. Jericho calls the fans "germ incubators" and that gets them against him again. :lol: Eric Escobar comes to the ring and has all of the character of my left thumb. Dolph Ziggler coming to the ring won't save this one I'm afraid. I've given up on this. There's going to be qualifiers.

JTG, Drew McIntyre, Eric Escobar and Dolph Ziggler vs. Matt Hardy, The Hart Dynasty, Finlay and R-Truth

The winners head to Bragging Rights to team with Jericho and Kane. This was a good fun nine man tag, especially considering they didn't even have enough time for an advert break. The final stretch of madness was especially good fun. I'm not sure if I like the new Smackdown team, but it's no worse than the one it's replacing, so I don't care much. ***

Backstage with Team Punk, and the ref and Long aren't sure about things. Vince McMahon shows up and says they need to talk.

John Morrison vs. Mike Knox

This was a pretty dull 5 minute match, but I don't think that this can take away the joy of a Mike Knox High Cross Body. You'd think they'd try and make Morrison look much better before the PPV. That's two big names going into the PPV looking shifty when they really didn't have to. *

Michelle McCool brings her zero personality to the same room as Mickie James who gets brought down to her level. I didn't realise how many bland people were on this show.

Rey Mysterio and Batista vs. Kane and Chris Jericho

I wonder if they'll go down the route of tension for this match. This was a decent tag team match. Again though ... they had the perfect chance to make Team Smackdown look pretty decent going into Bragging Rights by having something happen between Rey and Batista which would have left them looking strong as well. That aside, this was enjoyable enough. **3/4

Backstage with Team Punk and Vince McMahon. Teddy Long and Scott Armstrong seem to be more than a little hesitant about doing to The Undertaker what they did before, but Vinny Mac seems to be forcing the issue.

Mickie James vs. Layla

Absolutely nothing going here. After the shoker on Superstars my hopes were up a wee bit for this one, but I was brought back down to earth with a bang. 1/4*

CM Punk vs. The Undertaker, Submissions Match - World Heavyweight Championship

The Undertaker is a shadow of the performer that he was before his injury which is sort of sad to see. The match was still decent though as they didn't take too long going to the overbooking with the guys on the floor. **1/2

OVERALL

It was not bad I suppose. Did a lot of work towards Bragging Rights but not all of it made sense.

I can't wait for The Miz and JoMo to go at it at Bragging Rights. Both men have really came on leaps and bounds. To think that those guys came from Tough Enough is astonishing.

Indeed - the show that brought us Maven, Nidia, Shaniqua and Jonah (did he actually get any TV time?) amongst others. It's pleasing to see both do so well, especially given that they started out in Tough Enough a good 5/6 years ago.

I can't wait for The Miz and JoMo to go at it at Bragging Rights. Both men have really came on leaps and bounds. To think that those guys came from Tough Enough is astonishing.

Fuxake. I must have a memory like a goldfish. I watched all Tough Enough seasons and have absolutely no recollection of JoMo being a participant. I easily remember The Miz though.

Fuxake. I must have a memory like a goldfish. I watched all Tough Enough seasons and have absolutely no recollection of JoMo being a participant. I easily remember The Miz though.

For about 6 months after he debuted I couldn't think where I knew his face from before realising Morrison was on Tough Enough.

Anyone else watch TNA last night? Why have McGuiness, sorry I mean Wolfe..............Desmond Wolfe feud with Kurt Angle? The casual fan has no idea who the hell he is.

SPOILERS AHEAD

TNA Impact 22/10/2009

Ultimate X Match and Six Sides of Steel will be on tonight's show. Way to negate the big matches guys !

Kurt Angle has a microphone, and he explains what the Main Event Mafia was all about, and he says it was about respect. Kurt Angle says he was wrong about the young guys coming through and he sees boys turning into men. He puts over Eric Young, AJ Styles and Matt Morgan. Kurt Angle now considers the people in the back his peers. Rhino is now heading for the ring. He can't believe what Kurt Angle is saying. He says that the MEM is no more. He says that TNA management want them gone. Rhino : "What about us ?". Angle says the management's boys have earned it. Team 3D heading for the ring. This is all getting a bit ridiculous now as Rhino just gets paranoid.

Backstage and we have Daniels and AJ Styles. It's going to be Joe/Daniels/Styles at Turning Point. FUCKIN' A !!! I advise everyone to watch their first match at Unbreakable which is on YouTube. Daniels says he almost died in that ring.

Backstage with Raiesha Saeed. She knows EVERYTHING about Kong and knows what she's going to do before she does it.

Homicide takes Amazing Red through the entrance tunnel and beats the crap out of him.

Homicide vs. The Amazing Red

That was a fun wee match actually. I love the Code Red. I can't believe how long they went in the match without even doing a move though. Incredible. Still, this was a good TV match. **

Backstage with Scott Steiner. He says he's not giving the young punks any respect. His promo is superb. Mike and Matt. :lol:

Matt Morgan vs. Scott Steiner

Steiner shows off his body to Bobby Lashley's wife. So that'll be the next main fued for Lashley then. This match is just a boring TV match in which practically nothing happens apart from Scott Steiner hitting on Lashley's wife, so I'm not going to rate it as a normal match. Nevermind this. N/A

Backstage with Lashley and his wife. He says that this is a game that Steiner doesn't want to play.

Samoa Joe and Kevin Nash vs. AJ Styles and Daniels

Nash has been crying out for an aggressive streak like this for a long time, if only to make up for his lack of mobility. Some good formula tag team action. Daniels works so well with anyone in a tag team scenario. Probably what he does best. Strange to have the odd one out in the match get the pinfall, but this was good fun. **1/2

Lauren congratulates Kevin Nash, and Nash says that Eric Young owes him. Nash is off to get him.

Eric Young is backstage and says he isn't hard to find. He says he's going to make an announcement next week.

Motor City Machine Guns says that the revolution has begun. The bog standard pre-match promo.

Awesome Kong vs. Raiesha Saeed

This could be a belter if given the time, and if Saeed is actually on her game. I guess the one sided match was to be expected, but I was pleasantly surprised at Saeed getting some big big moves in during the match. *1/2

Kong takes Saeed up the ramp. POWERBOMB THROUGH THE RAMP OF THE IMPACT ZONE FROM KONG !!!

Rhino vs. Hernandez

I'm gutted that a Rhino match got so much time. It was so bloody dull, and it's the same as every single Rhino match that I have seen in TNA. He's shit. Everything about him is shit. DUD

Backstage with Kurt Angle and he says that next month, he's gonna get his title shot. Desmond Wolfe is backstage with him now. LARIATOOO~~~!!! He says the reason he's in TNA is because of Kurt Angle. Desmond then unloads with shots. Heh.

Lethal Consequences vs. Motor City Machine Guns - Ultimate X Match

The winners of this match get a shot at the tag team titles at Turning Point. I can't believe they are negating this gimmick like this. Like all matches of this type, this is a non-stop action filled match with all sorts of cool spots and big tag team moves. Pretty good stuff for a free TV TNA gimmick match. **1/2

British Invasion vs. Beer Money Inc. - Six Sides of Steel Match

I don't get why they put so much effort into this match, especially after the hard hitting match the night before, but these four guys seemed determined to put on the best match available. The steel took away from the match a wee bit as they were clearly limited with what they could do out there, but this was still a really good main event. ***

Kurt Angle is now on his way into the Impact Zone with his wrestling gear. He tells Desmond Wolfe to come out to the ring and make a name for himself. Desmond gets the better of things with a low blow. TOWER OF LONDON DROPS ANGLE ON HIS HEAD !!!

OVERALL

That was a fun two hours of wrestling topped off with a big debut. I've seen worse and better episodes of Impact.