The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Agreed.

About Abyss though. I didnt see much TNA for a few years. When did he start talking? Cause I can just remember him being a monster heel along with that thinner, weirder looking Paul Heyman by his side.

James Mitchel it was. Even in TNA for a long time, top guys like Hardy and Styles couldn't come close to Abyss. Was an absolute machine, even the mask he wears just now is really silly. Abyss started going downhill at the end of 07.

WCW had the Giant early on, WWF had The Undertaker, King Kong Bundy, Giant Gonzalez and Yokozuna.

TNA have no one right now that could fill the spot of the dominant monster that the fans love to hate.

Unless they have something scheduled for Abyss to turn into a monster once he gets fired or something.

James Mitchel it was. Even in TNA for a long time, top guys like Hardy and Styles couldn't come close to Abyss. Was an absolute machine, even the mask he wears just now is really silly. Abyss started going downhill at the end of 07.

WCW had the Giant early on, WWF had The Undertaker, King Kong Bundy, Giant Gonzalez and Yokozuna.

TNA have no one right now that could fill the spot of the dominant monster that the fans love to hate.

Unless they have something scheduled for Abyss to turn into a monster once he gets fired or something.

One of the wrestling magazines said that since Russo joined TNA, Abyss had basically become the dumping ground for rejected Kane storylines. It's a pity seeing him like this, I loved evil heel Abyss who feuded with babyface Christian. At least he doesn't dress like a milkman now.

And I too heart Maryse. Obviously you'd wanna do her, but I think I'd be fairly satisfied just to have made a move on her and been rejected, her being completely in character in doing so. :D

The way to make Abyss aswesome is simple. Trun him uber heel, stop the fucker from talking and bring back James Mitchel. I loved the two of them together.

This.

They'd need to wipe him out for a few months to allow the reboot to happen as well.

Since when did TNA change the ring to the normal square? As I suppose is probably pretty obvious, I don't watch much TNA but was suprised to see that a change like that had been made. (To be fair, I never liked the Octagon as a wrestling ring). I may be miles off but could it have anything to do with Hogan entering TNA?

The way to make Abyss aswesome is simple. Trun him uber heel, stop the fucker from talking and bring back James Mitchel. I loved the two of them together.

The same could be said about Kane & Paul Bearer I suppose.

Since when did TNA change the ring to the normal square? As I suppose is probably pretty obvious, I don't watch much TNA but was suprised to see that a change like that had been made. (To be fair, I never liked the Octagon as a wrestling ring). I may be miles off but could it have anything to do with Hogan entering TNA?

The six sider went out when Hogan came in. He didn't like it and dumped it. Good idea too. It was yet another amateur hour idea from the amateur hour promotion. The whole setup looks much better now.

Kane could never be like himself back in 98-99. He'd need his mask for a start and thankfully Abyss still has his for the time being.

I agree, it'd be great to see him wear his mask once again but I doubt it'd have the same effect as it did. Also, if they gave him his mask back they'd turn it into a cheesy gimmick as they do with most 'different' wrestlers these days ie Boogeyman etc.

The six sider went out when Hogan came in. He didn't like it and dumped it. Good idea too. It was yet another amateur hour idea from the amateur hour promotion. The whole setup looks much better now.

What capacity is Hogan in at TNA? Is Hogan the man that is supposed to be head-fronting the 'war' of the ratings against WWE.

I must say, in my opinion, TNA's roster is much better than WWE's at the moment it has more 'personalities' and is in a similar mould to the Attitude Era from WWE but obviously the quality ain't nowhere near as good. This again could be wrong, I'm just going off the 20 minutes that I saw.

Edited by Ludo *1

What capacity is Hogan in at TNA? Is Hogan the man that is supposed to be head-fronting the 'war' of the ratings against WWE.

Hulk Hogan is very much the top of the mountain in TNA now, although he has admitted that most of the booking ideas come from under him. He only oversees everything, okays the stuff he likes and whatnot. He pretty much answers to powers above Dixie Carter ( the main funder of TNA ).

You're right about him "head-fronting" the battle, but they aren't really looking to compete. More get things better and maybe THEN they compete, but for now, the idea is to just get the core fanbase up.

I must say, in my opinion, TNA's roster is much better than WWE's at the moment it has more 'personalities' and is in a similar mould to the Attitude Era from WWE but obviously the quality ain't nowhere near as good. This again could be wrong, I'm just going off the 20 minutes that I saw.

Yeah. Once TNA figure out the place of these guys, it'll be brilliant.

Mr. Anderson, while he hasn't improved in the ring much, has been an absolute revelation as a heel in TNA so far. The Nasty Boys are even better than they were at their peak when it comes to entertainment ( added to Saggs being in better shape bizarrly ). AJ Styles is back to the cocky babyface and with the Flair stuff, he has REALLY come into his own. You have guys like Eric Young, The Pope and Desmond Wolfe who Hogan likes and will get a chance.

The good thing about TNA right now is that even when they are misfiring, it's entertaining. It has a lot to do with what you were saying about personalities. WWE doesn't have them. TNA does.

WWE Raw was entertaining this week.

I was pretty surprised that the guest host could actually work a mic, it was great to see Christian on Raw and even though he lost to Sheamus, Christian proved that he can hang around with the big players and had great support from the crowd. In spite of this, i would rather Christian ended up on Smackdown.

Sheamus later helping Cody Rhodes to defeat Orton was interesting, i said a while ago that Orton might be in the process of turning face (or perhaps tweener) and after Rhodes got a sneaky win, he allowed Sheamus to nearly kick Orton's head off. Orton has been made to look pretty weak lately and it wouldn't surprise if DiBiase eliminates Orton at the Elimination Chamber. Wrestlemania match between all three looks to be on the cards.

Thank goodness DX lost the tag titles, it did look obvious that they would but i think most people would have expected Punk/Gallows to win the titles instead of Showmiz. HBK going crazy is great and he seems to be turning heel, it was hilarious when he gave Teddy Long sweet chin music. At tbe Elimination Chamber HBK will probably go "WHAT'S UP" to R Truth and hit Sweet Chin Music on him. :lol:

Nice to see that the Miz has been rewarded for his fine form since arriving on the scene on Raw, great boost for his career that he's not only US Champion but one half of the Tag Team champions.

WWE Raw was entertaining this week.

I was pretty surprised that the guest host could actually work a mic, it was great to see Christian on Raw and even though he lost to Sheamus, Christian proved that he can hang around with the big players and had great support from the crowd. In spite of this, i would rather Christian ended up on Smackdown.

Sheamus later helping Cody Rhodes to defeat Orton was interesting, i said a while ago that Orton might be in the process of turning face (or perhaps tweener) and after Rhodes got a sneaky win, he allowed Sheamus to nearly kick Orton's head off. Orton has been made to look pretty weak lately and it wouldn't surprise if DiBiase eliminates Orton at the Elimination Chamber. Wrestlemania match between all three looks to be on the cards.

Thank goodness DX lost the tag titles, it did look obvious that they would but i think most people would have expected Punk/Gallows to win the titles instead of Showmiz. HBK going crazy is great and he seems to be turning heel, it was hilarious when he gave Teddy Long sweet chin music. At tbe Elimination Chamber HBK will probably go "WHAT'S UP" to R Truth and hit Sweet Chin Music on him. laugh.gif

Nice to see that the Miz has been rewarded for his fine form since arriving on the scene on Raw, great boost for his career that he's not only US Champion but one half of the Tag Team champions.

I wouldn't even have that at a crappy PPV like Judgement Day never mind Wrestlemania.

it was hilarious when he gave Teddy Long sweet chin music.

:lol: Is this footage available on Youtube?

Long is a legend, the first time I went to see the wrestling he was involved in a 3v3 tables match, can't remember who he was with but he got 3D'd through a table by the Dudleys.

R-Truth has to be one of the worst wrestlers I have ever witnessed.

1. He is just rubbish in the ring, when he ducks from a punch then does the splits clearly out of time is just laughable.

2. His horrible entrance where he raps that horrific 'WHATS UP' song just makes me turn over the TV right away.

3. His horrible baggy jeans with R Truth down the side are stinking.

4. His finishing move, what finishing move is that? RUBBISH!

He is a complete joke, how I hate his face!

BOOOO R TRUTH mad.gif

I have to admit I may be jumping in as I did this with CM Punk and was proved wrong as I think Punk is class now but R Truth is just stinking.

The thing is, CM Punk was sort of an unproven entity. Everyone in the know was saying "wait untill he turns heel" only to be met with "aye right". R-Truth, under several different guises, has had lots of time to prove himself and hasn't. He cannot adapt. He is useless.

laugh.gif Is this footage available on Youtube?

Long is a legend, the first time I went to see the wrestling he was involved in a 3v3 tables match, can't remember who he was with but he got 3D'd through a table by the Dudleys.

They way you referred to Theadore by his last name had me in stitches. Was very funny actually seeing Carlito stopping Long from falling flap on his head, imagine a lasp in concentration from Carlito and Theadore was in trouble there.

R-Truth has to be one of the worst wrestlers I have ever witnessed.

1. He is just rubbish in the ring, when he ducks from a punch then does the splits clearly out of time is just laughable.

2. His horrible entrance where he raps that horrific 'WHATS UP' song just makes me turn over the TV right away.

3. His horrible baggy jeans with R Truth down the side are stinking.

4. His finishing move, what finishing move is that? RUBBISH!

He is a complete joke, how I hate his face!

BOOOO R TRUTH mad.gif

I have to admit I may be jumping in as I did this with CM Punk and was proved wrong as I think Punk is class now but R Truth is just stinking.

I 100% agree, when I'm watching Smackdown his entrance music is the cue for me to go for a piss.

And his finishing move is a nonsense - he does the corkscrew AFTER he hits with the flying fist! How bloody stupid is that?

Hulk Hogan is very much the top of the mountain in TNA now, although he has admitted that most of the booking ideas come from under him. He only oversees everything, okays the stuff he likes and whatnot. He pretty much answers to powers above Dixie Carter ( the main funder of TNA ).

You're right about him "head-fronting" the battle, but they aren't really looking to compete. More get things better and maybe THEN they compete, but for now, the idea is to just get the core fanbase up.

Yeah. Once TNA figure out the place of these guys, it'll be brilliant.

Mr. Anderson, while he hasn't improved in the ring much, has been an absolute revelation as a heel in TNA so far. The Nasty Boys are even better than they were at their peak when it comes to entertainment ( added to Saggs being in better shape bizarrly ). AJ Styles is back to the cocky babyface and with the Flair stuff, he has REALLY come into his own. You have guys like Eric Young, The Pope and Desmond Wolfe who Hogan likes and will get a chance.

The good thing about TNA right now is that even when they are misfiring, it's entertaining. It has a lot to do with what you were saying about personalities. WWE doesn't have them. TNA does.

Seriously? He's still shit. All thats changed is his name. Shit gimmick, shit wrestler.

I was on a wrestling forum the other day and was reading how much everyone hates the latest incarnation of The Nasty Boyz....I'm fucking loving them. Obvoiusly not wrestling wise but the gimmick is so entertaining.

AJ and Flair are great together. AJ is playing the role well and it was a smart idea to turn him heel have the partnership with Flair.

I couldn't care less about Pope when he was in WWE, but now, he's a fucking herolaugh.gif .

To be honest, TNA has me far more entertained than WWE at the moment. As well as the wrestlers I've mentioned, I'm enjoying the non-wrestling characters.. ie. Foley, Bischoff and to an extent Jarrett.

The only thing I've got to complain about them is the lack of MCMG and Beer Money.