The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Confirmed today that the Survivor Series PPV is finishing, quite enjoyed watching that PPV over the years so am a bit disappointed

That's a daft move and it's one that I think will backfire. It's always been known that the WWE/WWF's biggest PPV's were Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, Summerslam, then the Survivor Series and I reckon they still are. Whatever happened to keeping tradition? The Survivor Series should be kept as part of the big four annual PPV's IMO.

If they want to push a black wrestler then it has to be Shelton Benjamin. Sure Benjamin may not be the greatest on the mic but i think that he has been improving ever since he became a face, the guy is clearly more suited to being a good guy than a heel as the fans are right behind him.

Additionally, Benjamin is a great athlete and has a lot of ability (unlike R Truth), the problem is that he has been placed in many fueds over the last year or two with people who aren't very good. You can see that when Benjamin works with talented individuals like Christian the match is a big success.

I would have him move to Smackdown and fued with Drew McIntyre over the Intercontinental Title and then slowly push him up against the likes of CM Punk.

I marked for Benjamin when he got his push in 2005 I think when he beat Jericho at Taboo Tuesday and was picked by the fans. But shortly after I stopped watching wrestling until January 4th and have gotten myself up to speed with everything going on again.

Apart from Cena and DX who do you think makes the most money from merch and stuff?

For some reason I thought about this in the shower this morning, god knows why!

Was watching RAW and there was still a few guys here and there wearing the classic nWo t-shirts. Think of the money WCW must have raked in..

Surivor Series has been shit for years. To m it's never really been one of the big one. I doesn't come close to Mania, the Rumble or Summerslam.

Apart from Cena and DX who do you think makes the most money from merch and stuff?

For some reason I thought about this in the shower this morning, god knows why!

I'd say they still rake in a fair amount from Jeff Hardy merch and don't forget Rey....the weans go daft for his stuff.

Yeah I thought of Rey too, his rubbish masks are everywhere. I would be quite surprised if it was the undertaker, I just can't see parents going out and buying a t-shirt that has his big creepy white face on the front or a collection of shiny coffins.

I must say I've always like the Randy Orton t-shirt he kicks about in, I could see me crusing about with one of them skin tight badboys on and a pair of speedo's laugh.gif

I'm bored in work,

Currently.....

What's your top 3 entrances/songs?

1. Edge

2. CM Punk

3. The Miz ( AWWWWESOME! )

Who are you top 3 WWE wrestlers?

1. DiBiase

2. CM Punk

3. Drew McIntyre

Top 3 finishers?

1. RKO

2. Sweet Chin Music

3. Drew McIntyre ( Would you class that as some sort of DDT? )

Again may I add how bored i am.

"OK, I just got back from the FCW and the unthinkable has happened...

Danielson's music hits... Savhanna speaks into the mic... "Coming down to the ring, from Aberdeen Washington, DANIEL BRYAN!!!!"

I wish I was joking..."

It must have took them ages to come up with that.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

I was watching the start of RAW again last night and I have to say I bloody love it when Sheamus is on the mic, can't beat his big accent and they way he says WWE haha.

I would love it if he turned up one night with a big tanned body.

Do you realise what you've just written? You've just outed yourself as a homosexual on a public message board.

Edited by DA Baracus

What's your top 3 entrances/songs?

1. Abyss

2. Cactus Jack's old song with the guitar.

3. nWo (original theme)

Who are you top 3 TNA wrestlers?

1. Kurt Angle

2. Sting

3. Samoa Joe

Top 3 TNA finishers?

1. Canadian Destroyer (i saw amazing red use it)

2. The 540 splash that AJ does

3. Muscle Buster

I not a fan of any wrestler in WWE so mine is TNA.