The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

personally I'm glad of the time difference, if mania came on tv at 7pm I wouldn't get into it, but the wee wait until 1am just makes it better for us U.K. viewers (in my opinion)

I can remember I think it was mania 21 me and about 5 or 6 of my mates all had a wrestlemania party and just got totally steaming drunk and watched it, it actually looks better when you've got a drink inside yourself. Personally I can't wait for WM even though I'm a TNA fan, Mania is the superbowl event of the industry

me and the mrs went to WM 23 in detroit. we bought 4 sets of tickets for different parts of the arena and got a bout 20 rows if that from the ring. we usually go the wwe events in braehead and always end up about 3 rows from the front so being the big one we didnt mind however detroit sucked balls it was a crap wee industrial place highlight was meeting foley top guy and a hero of mine!! and a wee eaterie made the best philly cheese steak sandwich ive ever had in my life!

looking at doing a royal rumble next time maybe even next year!!!

sounds like Hall and Nash are coming back!!!!

Hall & Nash are awesome in every way! Scott Hall has perfected the pished when not pished look over the years :lol:

Thought it seemed obvious after Impact that Hall & Nash would turn on Waltman and EY at the PPV.

Wolfpac in da house!!!!!

Generation ME in TNA have More Bang For The Buck which is just incredible to watch.

no doubt, I think Gen-ME have a great style and will be the next hardy boyz-esque team of the future, but as far as 1 single double team move I think the 3D is in a league of it's own, brilliant to see someone 3D'd through a table

no doubt, I think Gen-ME have a great style and will be the next hardy boyz-esque team of the future, but as far as 1 single double team move I think the 3D is in a league of it's own, brilliant to see someone 3D'd through a table

I've actually settled on the Doomsday Device as the best tag team finisher ever.

I've actually settled on the Doomsday Device as the best tag team finisher ever.

I'd probably go with this one too...half the time whedn they did it, you genuinely feared for the c***s neck...some of them looked brutal. On the topic of Generation ME....I still don't get what all the fuss is aboutph34r.gif ....a poor man MCMG's if you ask metongue.gif .

I've been watchin Matches from various WrestleManias to get myself excited about it. Just watched Vintage Collection and HBK vs Tatanka from Mania 9 and HBK vs Bret from Mania 12.

On the topic of Generation ME....I still don't get what all the fuss is aboutph34r.gif ....a poor man MCMG's if you ask metongue.gif .

I've been watchin Matches from various WrestleManias to get myself excited about it. Just watched Vintage Collection and HBK vs Tatanka from Mania 9 and HBK vs Bret from Mania 12.

MCMG's are the Kane of TNA, all the potential but none of the glory, have they ever held belts? I know Sabin was X-div champ back in the days of the asylum when he had a ginger afro, he had some great matches with kaz and Michael Shane... now there was a guy I thought would make it, former X champ and nephew of Shawn Michaels... where did he drift off to?

MCMG's are the Kane of TNA, all the potential but none of the glory, have they ever held belts? I know Sabin was X-div champ back in the days of the asylum when he had a ginger afro, he had some great matches with kaz and Michael Shane... now there was a guy I thought would make it, former X champ and nephew of Shawn Michaels... where did he drift off to?

Is he not HBK's cousin? I think he's retired now though, he's doing something new but I forget what it is.

funniest ever moment in my opinion is when hhh and hbk took the piss out of shane and vince

GREAT! That narrows it down!

Hall & Nash are awesome in every way! Scott Hall has perfected the pished when not pished look over the years laugh.gif

Thought it seemed obvious after Impact that Hall & Nash would turn on Waltman and EY at the PPV.

Wolfpac in da house!!!!!

Hall was flawless on March the 8th. H elooked in better physical condition and on the mic I thought he was priceless.

I'd probably go with this one too...half the time whedn they did it, you genuinely feared for the c***s neck...some of them looked brutal. On the topic of Generation ME....I still don't get what all the fuss is aboutph34r.gif ....a poor man MCMG's if you ask metongue.gif .

It was the Legion of Dooms move and not the Dudleys.

Speaking of classic Wresltemania matches and entrance musics. How great was Cactus Jack's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hji-LbJ2AXw&feature=PlayList&p=5E81F6A87B732A05&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=14

Edited by The Hero of the Day

Hall was flawless on March the 8th. H elooked in better physical condition and on the mic I thought he was priceless.

Yeah he is keeping off the drink and working out more now, I think he is trying to give it one last push and try to right some wrongs, good luck to the big guy! I'm really looking forward to seeing him back on PPV next week

On the topic of Generation ME....I still don't get what all the fuss is aboutph34r.gif ....a poor man MCMG's if you ask metongue.gif .

1) Generation ME are hit and miss. They need a really good team to make them look good, but when that happens, the results are amazing. Their match with El Generico and Kevin Steen from PWG's BOLA Second Night is stunning stuff. As for being a poor man's MCMG, you're right. MCMG don't need the good team in order to work wonders. They actually dragged an unmotivated Team 3D to a stunner on TNA PPV one time.

Generation ME are much more spectacular though which is why they were brought in. They'd be brilliant in multi-man tag matches and their match at the PPV should be a real treat. They shined in the six man tag down in Oxford.

2) The HBK/Bret match was boring if you ask me. I've never seen two guys waste as much as time in such an ineffective way. Tatanka vs. HBK is a nice wee match though.

Michael Shane was extremely limited and TNA had no idea how to utilise him. All they had to do was watch ROH shows from 2002 to see where they were going wrong. Such a natural dickhead heal. I didn't think he was that good a wrestler, but he didn't have to be. His charisma should have been enough to carry him. I thought WWE might have picked up on it given who his relative is, but there you are.

MCMG have hit the potential btw. Sabin and Shelley were never gonna be big stars in singles action. Sabin was a top dog in the X Division and Alex Shelley was pushed well under the guidance of Nash, and it brought those AWESOME segments. They then reached the top of the tag team ladder in TNA and were given loads of good matches against lots of talented opponents. They're also a top junior tag team in Japan. I'd say they have done well for themselves.

GREAT! That narrows it down!

:lol:

Best segment ever was that one with the nWo.

Nah really, if I had to pick one, it'd be one with DX mocking the Nation, and their Owen Hart copying friend Jason Sensation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFvJJwSTvDw

1) Generation ME are hit and miss. They need a really good team to make them look good, but when that happens, the results are amazing. Their match with El Generico and Kevin Steen from PWG's BOLA Second Night is stunning stuff. As for being a poor man's MCMG, you're right. MCMG don't need the good team in order to work wonders. They actually dragged an unmotivated Team 3D to a stunner on TNA PPV one time.

Generation ME are much more spectacular though which is why they were brought in. They'd be brilliant in multi-man tag matches and their match at the PPV should be a real treat. They shined in the six man tag down in Oxford.

2) The HBK/Bret match was boring if you ask me. I've never seen two guys waste as much as time in such an ineffective way. Tatanka vs. HBK is a nice wee match though.

I've seen thing that tell me Gen-ME could be awesome, but they use to many spots for my liking.

HBK/Bret was a pretty good match if you ask me, but to this day I still have no idea why they put on a 1hr Iron Man with the intention of having a draw yet have it be 0-0.....f**k me. In that respect I'd agree with you that it was boring. If you want two of the best workeres in the world to have an awesome 1 hr draw in an iron man match.....for the love of fucking god at least have some pinfalls or subs. To the casual fan it became just a 0-0 boring piece of shit. I'd have booked it the same but added a few falls to the match.