The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Been reported on a few sites that Shawn Michaels will be retiring for good after WM26. Despite it being a shitey if not obvious spoiler, have to say i'm gutted at this news. Fair play to the guy for wanting to spend more time at home, but the quality of matches will go down a fair bit when he hangs up his boots.

I'm sure Michaels has wanted to retire for a good 3-4 years.

Yes or no was it Stings decision to have him beat on RVD?

Obviously it's not Stings decision the way things are booked so I don't see how any sort of blame can be pinned on Sting, and to refer to him as a "50 year old guy" as if he is a nobody shows a complete lack of respect for Sting and wrestling in general.

I'm not saying it was a great decision to have Sting beat down RVD but how else was Stinger suppose to get over as a heel?

A lack of respect?laugh.gif Sting IS a 50 year old guy. And they DID claim RVD was the "biggest free agent in wrestling". Reardless of who was popular when, to have Sting destroy RVD on his debut is an absolutely rediculous decision. Stings had his day. By all means have him on the roster, but to book him to do that on RVD's debut is moronic. Sting was my favourite wrestler as a kid, so I got full respect for him, but he doesn't belong in the main event anymore, his time has been and gone.

They could quite easily have had Sting kick the shit out of anybody else on the entire roster....just not "the biggest free agent in wrestling" on his TNA debut.

would be good to see HBK come to TNA for a short stint and have one last match with flair, they could write it up as HBK angry that Flair came back after HBK retired him

I know this will never happen but.... oh well

There's no way that HBK will even think about appearing on TNA - he strikes me as one of the few who, once retired, will stay retired.

Not to mention how unbelievably shit such a match would be.

Agreed, I've never enjoyed a Ric Flair match and never have been much of a fan of Michaels either.

Anyone know why Raw starts at 1am tonight? And is it the same for Impact as well?

Sorry, but you've got shite taste. ;)

Well we've already been down the road of me not liking long wrestling matches. But I do like Shawn Michaels matches usually, I just meant I've never really been a fan of him. Also regarding Flair, I think the oldest 1 on 1 Flair match I've seen was against Hogan on a WCW PPV in 1999. So I haven't seen Flair during his 'good days'.

Well we've already been down the road of me not liking long wrestling matches. But I do like Shawn Michaels matches usually, I just meant I've never really been a fan of him. Also regarding Flair, I think the oldest 1 on 1 Flair match I've seen was against Hogan on a WCW PPV in 1999. So I haven't seen Flair during his 'good days'.

I recommend that you get a hold of The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection DVD set. Some of the best matches you will ever see, even if you don't like long matches.

I recommend that you get a hold of The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection DVD set. Some of the best matches you will ever see, even if you don't like long matches.

Even though they probably are great matches. I just dont like any of his stuff because he is just such a tosser.

Just done some googling and it turns out in North America the clocks went forward yesterday, which is why Raw and Impact are at 1am our time tonight.

Dunno how I didn't know that before.

Raw....

first match: Cena vs Big show. Batista runs down to ringside, distraction, show wins... boring match

second match: Sheamus vs evan bourn... lasts 2 seconds, boring

third match: Y2J vs HBK. Y2J gets himself counted out.... really boring!

fourth match: Orton vs Triple H.... another run in match ends in disqualification. BORING.

fifth match: Batista vs Kofi. This one actually happens like a normal match, quick though, nothing special

Having all this talent and Steve Austin being the guest GM..... it just feels like they could have made this a Whole lot better than it was, raw is just generic and obvious now, really gutted they didn't use Austin a lot better

when his music goes you really get a flashback to when wwe was watchable. Anyone who says TNA can't compete, well after watching what was supposed to be a strong raw card with huge GM, it was just about as flat and dull a show as you could ask for.

ohmy.gif bret's leg wasn't really broken????... get outta town!

Where did it ever say Beer Money were face? Because the fueded with the Band?

Agree on Shannon Moore!

Considering the "50 year old guy" as you like to put it had a baseball bat. That 50 year old guy you refer to was once the most popular wrestler in the world and is still the biggest name in pro wrestling to never work for Vince. A little respect eh?

Does the storyline have to unfold ever single week?

There is just certain poeple Bischoff has it in for. Bischoff is an excellent guy to have at your company so give him some time.

Why do you bother?

Agreed, I've never enjoyed a Ric Flair match and never have been much of a fan of Michaels either.

Anyone know why Raw starts at 1am tonight? And is it the same for Impact as well?

I've got to agree with the Ric Flair part of this, just so horrible to watch in the ring and always has been. I loved HBK back in the day but it really is time for him to call it a day now, very poor in the ring unless it's a PPV.

I've got to agree with the Ric Flair part of this, just so horrible to watch in the ring and always has been. I loved HBK back in the day but it really is time for him to call it a day now, very poor in the ring unless it's a PPV.

HBK turns it on for TV matches that he thinks he can steal the show with, but on the whole I agree with you that he just doesn't make the effort on TV.