The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Yon Kurt Angle, surely?

Definately the most over-rated wrestler of the current age. When he was in there with someone who could limit his finisher killing spot-tastic style, he's untouchable.

His TNA run has showed him up I reckon. It's not as if he hasn't had the opponents to have a truly great match. He's been put in with all of the top names that they have to offer and has yet to have a truly great match.

The guy is really good, don't get me wrong, but a great ? Not even close.

Definately the most over-rated wrestler of the current age. When he was in there with someone who could limit his finisher killing spot-tastic style, he's untouchable.

His TNA run has showed him up I reckon. It's not as if he hasn't had the opponents to have a truly great match. He's been put in with all of the top names that they have to offer and has yet to have a truly great match.

The guy is really good, don't get me wrong, but a great ? Not even close.

I was thinking more his WWE days, Angle seemed to be the companies top bag carrier for a while, if you get my drift, pulling good to great out of a past it Hogan,a rather green Cena and so on and so forth.

I was thinking more his WWE days, Angle seemed to be the companies top bag carrier for a while, if you get my drift, pulling good to great out of a past it Hogan,a rather green Cena and so on and so forth.

I didn't think his match with Hogan was any good, but the first matches he had with Cena on PPV are certainly worth a mention. The weird thing is that he went on to have mediocre matches with an improved Cena before the end of his WWE tenure. I think that just goes to show what Angle evolved into. The early 2000s Angle is very different from the late 2000s version and if he had stuck with the former, I'd probably be more inclined to buy him as one of the best of the decade, but he didn't, so I'm not.

Suppose that is true in a way. But even if he does injure them again he's still gonna come back and be around. I think in 5 years we'll still have Triple H on WWE TV, even if he were only to wrestle very rarely.

Don't know if he'll wrestle but yeah, I agree HHH will still be on WWE TV. I know it won't happen but I'd love it if he was reduced to a one word catchphrase a la Farooq.

I'll give TNA credit on it's TV. While it might be turgid stuff a lot of the time, they always keep it moving with something going on, even if it doesn't make much sense. So a bad episode is still watchable. Their PPVs have gone downhill from the early days when they were putting on scorchers every month and WWE, outside of Elimination Chamber, are on a stunning run of PPVs. Even if the PPV on the whole is poor, you know one match is probably gonna stand head and shoulders among the rest.

http://www.blip.tv/f...Episode1664.flv

ICW Episode 1. :D

That promo at the beginning was brilliant. Red Lightning is always good for a laugh. I'll need to make it down to one of those shows at some point.

Don't know if he'll wrestle but yeah, I agree HHH will still be on WWE TV. I know it won't happen but I'd love it if he was reduced to a one word catchphrase a la Farooq.

It could be two words. Like someone loses a match and then bumps into someone, and the camera pans out to HHH, and he says "Game Over !". Think of the t-shirt sales !

. The early 2000s Angle is very different from the late 2000s version and if he had stuck with the former, I'd probably be more inclined to buy him as one of the best of the decade, but he didn't, so I'm not.

A fair point methinks.

It could be two words. Like someone loses a match and then bumps into someone, and the camera pans out to HHH, and he says "Game Over !". Think of the t-shirt sales !

like suck it? or maybe stretching to 3 words, are you ready? Triple H is now in the final third of his in ring career, but I think he will always be there in some role when vince is too old to keep coming out and talking pish

NXT was quite good again. Gabriel was great again and much more involved this time - but picked up the loss in what was a much longer match. Otunga didn't appear. I didn't really see the point in having Khali beat Daniel Bryan to make him 0-4. Miz wasn't on the show at all :( . Heath Slater actually looked not too bad and had a reasonable match with Carlito's guy (forget his name, he's pish). I still think Wade Barrett could be good for WWE. :)

It's still not clear how it actually works .. first votes will be in 2 weeks? Is someone voted out or are votes taken regularly and added up at the end or whatever?

Edited by garymcc1874

I didn't really see the point in having Khali beat Daniel Bryan to make him 0-4.

The point was to take him to 0-4 without looking too bad, and I thought he did come off looking decent, causing Khali a couple of problems.

HHH will never leave the WWE unless he decides he wants to. When Vince snuffs it, HHH will be running it with his wife.

Kurt Angle was tremendous. People seemed to focus too much on his in ring skills, but I thought he was up there with some of the best talkers around. He was immensely entertaining and played the goofy, cowardly heel tremendously.

Kurt Angle was tremendous. People seemed to focus too much on his in ring skills, but I thought he was up there with some of the best talkers around. He was immensely entertaining and played the goofy, cowardly heel tremendously.

I actually liked psychotic mega heel a bit more. There is always a moment I remember with Kurt Angle before Wrestlemania XX and Eddie chases Heyman up the aisle handcuffed, only for Angle to come out from behind the lowrider with a look in his eyes that said "you're fucking dead". The only look I've seen that comes close is Vinnie Mac at Mania XIX when he got the pipe from under the ring.

Goofy Angle was fun though. Also was around at a time when he definately had it going on in the ring. His 2001 run was superb, capped off with a pair of corking PPV matches with Shane McMahon and Steve Austin.

I actually liked psychotic mega heel a bit more. There is always a moment I remember with Kurt Angle before Wrestlemania XX and Eddie chases Heyman up the aisle handcuffed, only for Angle to come out from behind the lowrider with a look in his eyes that said "you're fucking dead". The only look I've seen that comes close is Vinnie Mac at Mania XIX when he got the pipe from under the ring.

Goofy Angle was fun though. Also was around at a time when he definately had it going on in the ring. His 2001 run was superb, capped off with a pair of corking PPV matches with Shane McMahon and Steve Austin.

I wish I was old enough to appreciate Kurt in his early WWF days. I had just turned 8 when Angle signed with WWF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLh6wzumhr4

Ahh, now that was manic... (from 3:20 onwards)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3j9og_wrestlemania-xix-hulk-hogan-vs-vinc

I mind a few people on this thread mentioning a bar in Glasgow(or somewhere else that's basically Glasgow to us elite east-coasters :D) that opens all night for the WWE PPVs. Type of deal where you'd pay an entry fee and get cheap booze all night. Anyone able to tell me a bit more? Me and my mate are wanting somewhere to go and watch Mania.

I mind a few people on this thread mentioning a bar in Glasgow(or somewhere else that's basically Glasgow to us elite east-coasters :D) that opens all night for the WWE PPVs. Type of deal where you'd pay an entry fee and get cheap booze all night. Anyone able to tell me a bit more? Me and my mate are wanting somewhere to go and watch Mania.

http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=117937