The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I think it comes down completely to ratings and money. If I was the owner of either company I know whose position I'd rather be in.

Wrestling isn't as popular as it was in the 90s.

And it will never be that popular again. Randy Orton may be thee guy for a modern day era but he will NEVER come close to the superstars that are Stone Cold and The Rock.

PG? What did MacMahon do when Nitro was kicking his ass. Attitude Era anyone?

That's not the point. If Orton keeps getting the reactions he's getting and the writers don't f**k it up big style, then who's to say Orton can't be the man to lead WWE into higher ratings? If you have a star like that then more and more people will pay attention. Just because WWE is PG doesn't mean it can't be massively popular. There are a LOT of children in the world after all.

How did Stone Cold become a star? Because the Attitude Ers allowed him to. When WWE was PG until the mid 90s, look what Nitro was doing.

How anyone can say TNA is a better wrestling product now is beyond me, since they brought in WCW circa 1999, it has turned into rehash after rehash of old angles and old wrestlers with a load of backstage skits and nonsensical matches- a woman's first blood match? Really? What kind of sadist wants to watch that?

Anyone think JR could perhaps be in line for a role as a mentor/manager of Swagga?

TNA has a better wrestling product than the WWE. With the exception of Abyss and AJ who are you refering to? And don't for one second say that the Knockouts don't piss all over Divas.

JR as Jack Swagger's manager.....laugh.giflaugh.gif

Swagger will drop the title to Mysterio at Extreme Rules and Edge will spear Jericho from the top of a ladder in some kind of wacky TLC match. I don't like it, but I can see the sense in it to be honest.

Cant see that happening. I believe a match was made on Smackdown between Edge and Jericho and whoever won would face Swagger at Extreme Rules. I think it got made for next weeks Smackdown but not too sure. The only Smackdown spoiler I know is the Swagger thing. I can see Edge and Jericho ending in a dq or something and it'll end up a triple threat for the title.

Hey, just wondering. Does anyone read those big reviews I do. If most people don't, I'm gonna shove them in spoiler tags so as they're easier to skip past.

If I see a match I fancy, then I read it, if not Ijust scroll past it....spolier tags would make sense though for those not interested.

If I see a match I fancy, then I read it, if not Ijust scroll past it....spolier tags would make sense though for those not interested.

Yeah, I'd say so.

I think what I'll do is say what's in the Spoiler tags and if anyone wants to read they can open up. I'll also say if I've included links to see matches.

Hey, just wondering. Does anyone read those big reviews I do. If most people don't, I'm gonna shove them in spoiler tags so as they're easier to skip past.

I skim over them if they're matches I've an interest in(old ECW ones I've seen, new ROH matches I might check out).

I do as a lot of the older stuff you review I had on VHS and have never replaced on DVD.

Any of you guys tat go to the local promotions ever saw a guy called barry miller wrestle? think he is known as the glasgow kiss and used to be the raging bull i think it was.Been working with him for a few weeks and interested in how good/bad he is

An interesting big man. He's very consistant. Hardly ever gets any better or any worse than a decent match. HAS had a couple of absolute stormers though, and one with Abraxas sticks in the mind.

He's not been around in a while. It's a shame as there aren't many big men on the Scottish scene.

An interesting big man. He's very consistant. Hardly ever gets any better or any worse than a decent match. HAS had a couple of absolute stormers though, and one with Abraxas sticks in the mind.

He's not been around in a while. It's a shame as there aren't many big men on the Scottish scene.

Cheers mate,he mentioned something today that hes got something coming up in Adrossan in a few weeks details will prob be on his bebo or website hes set up recently

Any of you guys tat go to the local promotions ever saw a guy called barry miller wrestle? think he is known as the glasgow kiss and used to be the raging bull i think it was.Been working with him for a few weeks and interested in how good/bad he is

I went to train at SWA a few times and it was the big man who was taking the sessions.

Right lads I've decided I'm going out to the boozer after work today to get ham hogged and I've not got SD on record so instead of waiting to watch it again I decided to have a look at the spoiler....

First of all I'm very surprised that WWE has gave Swagger this chance but am I annoyed or angry about it? I would have to say no. I have mentioned before that I have always thought that Swagger copes well when in the ring, he has some nice moves, seems to hold up well when put in the ring with decent wrestlers and in my opinion has a decent finisher. In ECW he had some cracking matches like the Extreme Rules match with Dreamer that springs to mind and went on a decent run. I also think he is not all that bad with his mic skills ( except for his lisp of course ) as he showed when he had his moments with MVP when he first signed up to RAW. In my opinion there are only a few wrestlers, if given the push could maybe grasp it with 2 hands and make a good account. Lets be honest he will no doubt end up losing it in his next fight but if he ends up winning his first defence then who's to say he can't do what Sheamus has been doing recently. I think every wrestler who holds up well and is not known for mistakes in the ring should get a shot at a push and Swagger is no different.

Edited by M0rtonfc

That's not the point. If Orton keeps getting the reactions he's getting and the writers don't f**k it up big style, then who's to say Orton can't be the man to lead WWE into higher ratings? If you have a star like that then more and more people will pay attention. Just because WWE is PG doesn't mean it can't be massively popular. There are a LOT of children in the world after all.

Just got round to watching Raw and the worst thing writers could do with Orton just now is turn him one way or another.

In a way it is similar to Stone Cold in that no-one knew who or when he would strike (I'm watching 1997's Raws just now and he is in superb form, before all the beer drinking and catchphrases he's just running everyone down at the mouth and the crowd still don't like him as it's still pre-mania 13.). But Cena's reaction to Orton post-match was good bit of writing, no handshakes, back-slaps or high fives which would have seen him pushing towards the face turn and Cena giving him a wide berth after the match in case he was next.