The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Well that's me just caught up with Smackdown from last week. Not a lot to say apart from I liked the Edge and Christian segment, but the crowd was absolutely dead for it. I also loved Swagger's promo at the end. Fucking hell, if he gets that kind of heat by interrupting the show every 15 minutes with one of his facts then I say do it every week.

His delivery during the facts was terrible though, but he must have loved the reaction he got at the end. Also, Big Show's punches are brutal.

Just finished watching CZW Cage of Death XI. Great fun !

Thumbtack Jack vs. Nick Gage in a No Rope Barbed Wire Match is probably the best match of it's type that I've seen. The main event in the cage is fucking insane too between Sami Callihan and Danny Havoc.

Lethal's impression was pretty spot on! Just how fucked did Abyss look? He could hardly walk! And RVD's music is one of the worst of all time. Utterly, incredibly, exceptionally shit! Made worse by the wankers in the Impact Zone screaming along. Oh they're just so different to all other wrestling fans! So much more in the know! So smart! If only all wrestling fans could be like them! TOSSERS! f**k OFF YOU c***s!

Watching the episode of Raw after Pillman's death. Even after 13 years it's still terrible how he was there on Raw one week and next week, just like that, he was gone. They done a 10 bell salute at the start of the show and the camera zoomed in on 5 specific wrestlers. Vader, Marc Mero, Owen Hart, Rick Rude and Hawk. Even worse when you think that 3 of those 5 guys went too early as well.

On a sdie note, it's also the episode of Raw that Kane debuts after interfering the night beofre at Bad Blood. His original music was pretty f'kin scary, straight out of a horror film. No-one is even booing him.....half the folk in the audience look like they are shiteing themselves.

Edited by djchapsticks

On a sdie note, it's also the episode of Raw that Kane debuts after interfering the night beofre at Bad Blood. His original music was pretty f'kin

scary, straight out of a horror film. No-one is even booing him.....half the folk in the audience look like they are shiteing themselves.

When he debuted I was still a wean and I genuinely had nightmares about Kane for about a week after I first saw him.

I was about 13 years old when Kane hit the Scene, sad to see a mad monster slowly turn into a jobber, he was unstoppable for a while, scary with the voicebox and mask.... then slowly but surely, the voice box goes, the onepiece leotard turns less scary, the mask goes... no burns, and then JOBBER.

by the way, I hated how WWE unmasked him with the "Wig" gimick, like he has always worn one, yet as we clearly saw at Summerslam 2000 the undertaker took Kanes mask off and kane ran off Hair in-tact.... oh yes I know my history WWE, so don't give me this shite..... I can also remember when Edge and Christian we brothers! mad.gifsad.gif

I was about 13 years old when Kane hit the Scene, sad to see a mad monster slowly turn into a jobber, he was unstoppable for a while, scary with the voicebox and mask.... then slowly but surely, the voice box goes, the onepiece leotard turns less scary, the mask goes... no burns, and then JOBBER.

by the way, I hated how WWE unmasked him with the "Wig" gimick, like he has always worn one, yet as we clearly saw at Summerslam 2000 the undertaker took Kanes mask off and kane ran off Hair in-tact.... oh yes I know my history WWE, so don't give me this shite..... I can also remember when Edge and Christian we brothers! mad.gifsad.gif

The whole of the character character of Kane is just full inconsistancies.

1) He used to be unable to talk...then he could talk with that throat device...then all of a sudden he can talk perfectly fine....WTF?

2) He was supposed to have been locked in a basement for 20 years, but then we learn he was driving cars and having girlfriends....even though Tori was supposedly the "first woman in his life." WTF?

It all boils down to the fact that Vince thinks all of his audience are complete fucking morons.

1) He used to be unable to talk...then he could talk with that throat device...then all of a sudden he can talk perfectly fine....WTF?

2) He was supposed to have been locked in a basement for 20 years, but then we learn he was driving cars and having girlfriends....even though Tori was supposedly the "first woman in his life." WTF?

It all boils down to the fact that Vince thinks all of his audience are complete fucking morons.

Well there is a fair few lol.

thats why kane had the mask in the first place ohmy.gif

what other wwe inconsistencies are there? I love to rehash old shit like this biggrin.gif

thats why kane had the mask in the first place ohmy.gif

what other wwe inconsistencies are there? I love to rehash old shit like this biggrin.gif

I'm still waiting to be told what happened in room 154 between Steph and Kurt(how's that for obscure?).

Dolph Ziggler used to be Nicky in the Spirit Squad and he was Kerwin Whites caddy.

Ranjin Singh used to be Khalis manager...now he's his brother.

According to WWE, there was no Royal Rumble in 2004....it never existed.

laugh.gif yeah I noticed them calling him his brother... wtf is this shit! and the 2004 rumble, the only man other than HBK to go from number 1 to win it! yet you never hear about it.... I wonder why?

I kinda want to mention this drunk cigar smoking texan who suddenly went on to be a stock market genius and get a lot of money.... but bizarrly JBL's story is true blink.giflaugh.gif

Papa Shango the cannabalistic spooky voodoo guy..... 5 years passes..... Now he's a pimp on the Ho Train biggrin.gif

I'm still waiting to be told what happened in room 154 between Steph and Kurt(how's that for obscure?).

you mean vince's daughter who Triple H drugged and then married in late 1999, for then to have her turn on her dad at armageddon '99 and stick with Triple H, then for her to make up with her dad after Mania 2000, only to turn on him again by buying ECW in mid 2001, then she split up with husband Triple H after faking a pregnancy..... and now she is happilly married to Triple H and in good terms with Vince....... f**k sake, what a forgiving family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP6UP081pys

WWF getting Cornette to bury WCW and it's talent on Raw. Pretty shocking. I don't remember this, it goes back to what I said a few weeks back on this thread about WWF paying any sort of lip service to the WCW. It's just something I don't think they would have done.

Seems theres a lot from this era that I didn't see.

To illustrate how action packed Raw was back then. This has all happened in the one episode. A lot of it defining the attitude era.

Pillmans death (unforseen obviously and hard to consider part of the action)
HHH giving the famous 'who is.....the show stoppa?' speech
Suck it being said on WWF TV for the first time.
HHH and HBK being called a couple of degenerates for the very first time (giving birth to DX)
Marc Mero returning and showing the first signs of being jealous of Sable
Cornette burying WCW
Kane debuting
Austin crossing paths with the Nation which would lead into Austin vs Rocky
And the word 'Attitude' being used for the first time in a video package for Austin.

Compare that to a 2 hour Raw these days. And it's a million miles away.