The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

If I went to a show, I'd be active, shouting, chanting and the likes. All of which will be better done while standing. I don't see how you can say that someone won't enjoy wrestling while standing up.

I don't see what's wrong with having a standing section for those who wish to stand and give the families a section that you must sit in.

Do you stand constantly at a football match when in a seated area?

It's nothing like a gig. A gig, you stand as there is music, most people prefer to jump/bounce around which is easier to do whilst standing. Why you'd want to bounce around constantly through a wrestling event is beyond me.

Do you stand constantly at a football match when in a seated area?

It's nothing like a gig. A gig, you stand as there is music, most people prefer to jump/bounce around which is easier to do whilst standing. Why you'd want to bounce around constantly through a wrestling event is beyond me.

I do at Scotland games.

I would be up on my feet because the show is pumping me up, so to speak, and I want to be shouting and stuff.

wrestling shows are not like gigs or football matches, wrestling shows are more for children and people shouldn't be standing up infront of them, wrestling is like going to see panto, you wouldn't start standing up at that laugh.gif it's just a show for the kids, just sit and enjoy the act*

*waits for the marks to give -1ph34r.gif

wrestling shows are not like gigs or football matches, wrestling shows are more for children and people shouldn't be standing up infront of them, wrestling is like going to see panto, you wouldn't start standing up at that laugh.gif it's just a show for the kids, just sit and enjoy the act*

*waits for the marks to give -1ph34r.gif

Duly obliged,

It's not for kids and I would have said that TNA is even less for kids that WWE. If the show does not have a specific section in which you are allowed to swear or stand then they shouldn't kick you out for doing either.

I will repeat that I have James Storm on my side in this argument.

He also thinks Vince Russo is an ass.

Duly obliged,

It's not for kids and I would have said that TNA is even less for kids that WWE. If the show does not have a specific section in which you are allowed to swear or stand then they shouldn't kick you out for doing either.

I will repeat that I have James Storm on my side in this argument.

He also thinks Vince Russo is an ass.

why would you swear? at the heel? you know it's scripted right? Standing, swearing and going mental is fine if you are going to a UFC event, but a standing section at wrestling events is laughable, it's not a sport it's a show, sit down and enjoy.

why would you swear? at the heel? you know it's scripted right? Standing, swearing and going mental is fine if you are going to a UFC event, but a standing section at wrestling events is laughable, it's not a sport it's a show, sit down and enjoy.

How is it not a sport?

Well one instance I can think of is in some of the chants like " f**k 'em Jooeeee, f**k 'em up" or I would do it when RvD comes out, as he is The Whole Fuckin' Show.

Edited by forehead7

How is it not a sport?

Well one instance I can think of is in some of the chants like " f**k 'em Jooeeee, f**k 'em up" or I would do it when RvD comes out, as he is The Whole Fuckin' Show.

Sport would suggest a competitive element.

Sport would suggest a competitive element.

There is competitive-ness, maybe not in the aspect that you have total control but if you keep messing up moves then you will get put down the card. But if you keep hitting the moves like AJ Styles does, every week, then you will get your shot. I'm only using TNA as an example because I don't watch WWE often enough, but the reason why Jeff Hardy isn't getting a full push is because he's missing moves and isn't as good as any of Wolfe, AJ, RvD or Mr. Anderson. Saying that, there are times when someone being champion is puzzling, anytime Sting or Cena have belts are two which spring to mind. They are ripping the piss by still having Cena's spinny belt.

Against hefty sports competition from game one of the NBA finals and the season premieres of USA Networks cable standouts "Burn Notice" and "Royal Pains," the TNA iMPACT! rating took a nosedive this week.

Among total viewers, the show fell to 1.052 million viewers, a drop of more than 21% from last week's count (1.338 million).

The show also fell from a 0.4 to 0.3 adults 18-49 rating, while the household number (not the "cable rating" that is often posted for wrestling shows) was down from a 0.8 to a 0.7.

Fucking hellohmy.gif

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Here is the updated TNA Slammiversary card: * Kurt Angle vs. Kaz

* AJ Styles vs. Jay Lethal

* Jesse Neal vs. Brother Ray

* Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson vs. Beer Money

* TNA Tag Team Title Match: The Band vs. Matt Morgan and ???

* TNA X-Division Title Match: Douglas Williams vs. Brian Kendrick

* TNA Knockouts Title Match: Madison Rayne vs. Roxxi

* TNA World Title Match: RVD vs. Sting

I am more excited about the AJ match than any other one, tbh. Dunno if even Angle could pull a good match outta Frankie Kazarian. They should make the Neal/Brother Ray match something other than just a regular singles match since neither are great wrestlers. But don't make it a Orlando Street Fight unless you actually go into the streets of Florida. Hopefully Kendrick will take the title off of Williams since the X-division needs a complete reboot to get it back to it's glory. The Beer Money match has the potential to be good. Liking the face turn that they've given Anderson, hopefully they make Abyss go heel. I suspect that Wolfe and Abyss might have another match. Can't believe they made Abyss wrestle that jackass Orlando Jordan, who's only moves are locks and elbow drops on an injured position. Targeting an injury is good, Wolfe does it all the time but at least he varies his moves and also hits moves that won't directly affect the body part.

Edited by forehead7

How is it not a sport?

Because it's not.

"Sports entertainment" really is the best way to sum it up outside of just calling it wrestling. While it's clearly an athletic contest, you can't realistically call it a sport when no one truly wins.

Because it's not.

"Sports entertainment" really is the best way to sum it up outside of just calling it wrestling. While it's clearly an athletic contest, you can't realistically call it a sport when no one truly wins.

If it's in the Olympics then I'm gonna call it a sport. It's also in the "All Other Sports" section here 8)

As I said previously, the competition is in the execution of moves. AJ has been hitting moves perfectly, now he's in about the Championship contenders. Tomko has fucked up moves, now he has to wrestle Orlando Jordan.