The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Yup, quite enjoying TNA atm. The main issue I have with it just now is that there is too much going on with each wrestler. Desmond Wolfe for example is competing for a place in Fortune, has the storyline with Chelsea, and is 9th in the rankings (I think?) so will face Angle at the PPV. Having said that if Abyss had leathered Hogan at the end of Impact this week then it would've completed what was a good heel turn for me.

I would have much preferred Samoa Joe vs Angle than Desmond Wolfe vs Angle but either way it will be an awesome match in which Angle will probably win. I think the Abyss thing was done well, chokeslamming Hardy through the table off the ramp and then leaving a cliffhanger for next week with Hogan. TNA need to get him out of the Ketchup and Mustard stained outfit and into either the old brown thing or white inmate look.

That last one is gonna be ...

Ultimate X

That should bring the quality down a few notches.

Seriously? I loved Ultimate X when I attended Victory Road 07. Kaz's Flux Capacitor of the top rope and Petey Williams' Canadian Destroyer were the highlights. Seeing the Canadian Destroyer live was awesome and it was the first time I had ever seen the move performed. Hopefully Amazing Red performs it this year. And I also hope Victory Road is a lot better than Slammiversary.

Whats the talk of Roxxi? Has she been fired after just having a match with Madison Rayne at Slammiversary.

I would have much preferred Samoa Joe vs Angle than Desmond Wolfe vs Angle but either way it will be an awesome match in which Angle will probably win. I think the Abyss thing was done well, chokeslamming Hardy through the table off the ramp and then leaving a cliffhanger for next week with Hogan. TNA need to get him out of the Ketchup and Mustard stained outfit and into either the old brown thing or white inmate look.

Seriously? I loved Ultimate X when I attended Victory Road 07. Kaz's Flux Capacitor of the top rope and Petey Williams' Canadian Destroyer were the highlights. Seeing the Canadian Destroyer live was awesome and it was the first time I had ever seen the move performed. Hopefully Amazing Red performs it this year. And I also hope Victory Road is a lot better than Slammiversary.

Whats the talk of Roxxi? Has she been fired after just having a match with Madison Rayne at Slammiversary.

She got told on the night that her match would be title vs career. It is a genuine firing, since they don't need her with ODB and Angelina Love coming back but I think ODB has left aswell.

Does anyone get the feeling that Raw is like Lost, in that the writers ahve no idea yet where there going with the whole Nexus angle?

They do seem to just run in on the main events and beat up people. It's as predictable as Kane running in on the SD's main events.

Most of the time the Ultimate X is done, it's done between guys who can work the gimmick well. I have no doubt that one of the two guys this time can do so. I also have no doubts that the other is better off away.

After RAW went off air....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xds23g_after-wwe-raw-went-off-air-6-21-10_sport

While the Emergency Team were putting McMahon on a stretcher, the Nexus appeared on the ramp. Once McMahon was being wheeled away the proceeded to the ring to attach John Cene. Several WWE Superstars came in to help - R-Truth, Evan Bourne, Mark Henry, then the rest of the WWE locker room - led by Randy Orton - came and cleared up, attacking the Nexus and throwing them from the ring. The finale being John Cene whipping Wade Barrett towards Randy Orton for an RKO. The WWE superstars then chased the Nexus up the ramp.

With the Nexus off like a shot the WWE superstars returned to the ring to lap up the applause before heading away leaving just Randy Orton to take most of the plaudits...

This was all still being filmed so maybe we'll see it on Smackdown or RAW next week...

Anyone a member on UKFF? I've tried to register but the admins are never fucking on and can't approve me so I can start posting. Anyone know them and can have a word?

Anyone a member on UKFF? I've tried to register but the admins are never fucking on and can't approve me so I can start posting. Anyone know them and can have a word?

I was registered on it before and got suspended for about 30 years for mentioning an England defeat at either the Euros or the last World Cup :lol:

Edited by garymcc1874

I was registered on it before and got suspended for about 30 years for mentioning an England defeat at either the Euros or the last World Cup laugh.gif

I can assure you that you must have done much more than that, considering loads of Scottish people have been at the windup recently.

Great episode of NXT, another great match from KAval and Michael McGillicutty, who look like the two best in that bunch, not surprising really.

I quite like Kaval, McGillicutty, Eli Cottonwood, and Husky Harris actually. Percy Watson's a pain in the p***k though.

I can assure you that you must have done much more than that, considering loads of Scottish people have been at the windup recently.

I can assure you that I didn't do anything other than that which would even suggest being banned. I'm on plenty of forums and post in exactly the same way on each and every one. No other forum has felt the need to give me a warning, never mind ban me for a crazy number of years. Maybe it's different people in charge of who stays and who goes now?

Moderators on wrestling forums in being a complete w****r shocker. You get it everywhere. On Wrestlezone you get a warning if your posts are a bit short (even if you are entirely relevant) and on PW you can get chucked off for disagreeing with a moderators posts. I don't bother with them anymore.

Moderators on wrestling forums in being a complete w****r shocker. You get it everywhere. On Wrestlezone you get a warning if your posts are a bit short (even if you are entirely relevant) and on PW you can get chucked off for disagreeing with a moderators posts. I don't bother with them anymore.

I haven't bothered for ages. They are full of wankers, ran by wankers. I tend to just read through them, but can;t bring myself to post anymore.

I quite like Kaval, McGillicutty, Eli Cottonwood, and Husky Harris actually. Percy Watson's a pain in the p***k though.

Harris is alright, if he decides to go heel, which seems likely after this episode then Cody Rhodes' mentorship(is that a word) could prove handy.

Cottonwood just seems a bit like Abyss for me. Big tall guy who has a "weird" persona going. Then again, it's just like Kane aswell.

If they go through with the NXT Money In The Bank match then I would feel disappointed if either Kaval or McGillicutty didn't win the contract.

It occured to me recently that they didn't have the King of the Mountain match at Slammiversary.

Edited by forehead7

Impact!:

Pretty decent, Abyss' heel turn has been confirmed. It seems that the Ecw stable is gonna happen. Raven, Stevie Richards and Dreamer atm. Al Snow is behind the scenes at TNA. Sabu was supposed to be at one of the tapings. Sandman is doing independent stuff, 1PW soon aswell. Foley is supposed to be coming back. I don't think The Franchise is up to much now. You've got RvD if you wanted him to join. Abyss will probably join, assuming that the "They" is this stable.

Angle/Wolfe's match was decent. Not as good as their previous feud, IMO.

Lethal and Kazarian was alright, Kazarian has really picked it up since joining Flair and going heel.

Style's and Kaz's promo with the figure was pretty funny.

Already knew that Beer Money would win that.

Skipped through the women's match.

Whis bright idea was it to give Cody Rhodes 10 minutes of mic time....he's a tedious p***k.

EDIT: Holy f**k...a vignette on WWE TV.....I've no seen one of them since......Punk???

EDIT AGAIN: A vignette and a brawl outside the arena?....Fuckin hell, it's like watching wrestling 10 years agolaugh.gif

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Just downloaded the last 6 episodes of Impact and last 2 TNA PPV's cause I aint seen any TNA stuff in ages, pretty much just skimming through them the now. Took me about 20 minutes to watch Sacrifice, didnt seem very good.

EDIT: Holy f**k...a vignette on WWE TV.....I've no seen one of them since......Punk???

EDIT AGAIN: A vignette and a brawl outside the arena?....Fuckin hell, it's like watching wrestling 10 years agolaugh.gif

Is this on Smackdown? And who was the vignette for? No matter who it was for, it'll never beat the Razor Ramon ones years back :D