The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

CENA WAS ROBBED!

he is a fucking marine!!!!!!! nexus are gonna die, cena is an american hero and he will get revenge! he will not quit until they pay

Cena should be fucking champ sheamus quit! WWE must get video replays in, it's a fucking outrage, he is a marine hero!

doing fishermans suplexes and being called the franchise.... thats gimmick infringement mad.gifbiggrin.gif

who elses nicknames and taunts has he taken?

edit: sheamus takes prince albert/A-trains pump kick, with Scott Hall's outsiders edge and rhinos chest punching taunt

He does the Dudley's 3D sign. I have no idea what he calls it or what it's used for. I don't mind moves since most people use the same moves but taunts and gimmicks is bullshit.

That was a decent PPV IMO, much better that Over the Limit and Fatal 4 Way. Both MITB matches were good, with the wrong man winning the first but the right man winning the second. Rey vs Swagger was good and the surprise cash in was entertaining. I found Cena vs Sheamus boring, and the crowd was dead, but it was more angle advancement than anything else. The tag and 2 divas matches were ok bouts, but largely forgettable.

Interesting that Cena took the NXT band with him, surely he won't be turning heel? :huh:

I thought the PPV was alright, delighted that the Miz won the Money in the Bank match and that Sheamus retained.

Time for sleep. :)

Interesting that Cena took the NXT band with him, surely he won't be turning heel? huh.gif

It'll be a teaser. Vince will know of the rumours flying round the IWC and has thrown out a teaser to send the smarks of the world into a spunking of the pants frenzy, with a will he/won't he, Cena heel turn. I personally don't think he will but it'll be interesting to see how they play it out from here.

He does the Dudley's 3D sign. I have no idea what he calls it or what it's used for. I don't mind moves since most people use the same moves but taunts and gimmicks is bullshit.

He took that "fists together, pinkies sticking up" pose from Messiah of CZW/XPW, too.

I think the only thing stopping them turning Cena heel is the money he makes Vince in merch sales. If it werent as much he would have been heel years ago.

Dunno if it would work though with him being a heel. I think he would end up just as he was in late 2003, one of those guys thats a heel but he's cool and likeable and folk will just end up cheering him for being a heel.

WWE Money in the Bank 2010

Smackdown Money in the Bank Ladder Match ( *** )

Alicia Fox © vs. Eve Torres - WWE Divas Championship ( ** )

The Hart Dynasty © vs. The Usos - Unified Tag Team Championships ( ***1/4 )

Rey Mysterio © vs. Jack Swagger - World Heavyweight Championship ( ***3/4 )

Layla © vs. Kelly Kelly - WWE Women's Championship ( DUD )

RAW Money in the Bank Ladder Match ( **** )

Sheamus © vs. John Cena, Steel Cage Match - WWE Championship ( ****1/4 )

Smackdown Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Liked the early comedy with The Big Show breaking the ladder. Drew McIntyre's spell of being over as a heel continues as the audience goes MENTAL when he climbs. Good stuff with the two experienced ladder match guys taking control of things at one stage. BRUTAL Twist of Fate on Kane. Ouch. Could Matt Striker have looked like a bigger fud after the Boom Drop from the ladder ? The Big Show brings out The Big Ladder. Shitty production means we miss Crossroads on the ladder. What is this ? TNA ? This match was more about storytelling than it was about being a spotfest and since it was never gonna be a showstealer, I'm happy with that. My only real problem with it is that it went on a bit too long. The winner was a lovely surprise. Does he get a title now ? I hope so. ***

Alicia Fox © vs. Eve Torres - WWE Divas Championship

This match was not terrible, but the audience just didn't give a toss about any of it. If it was two guys doing some of the stuff these ladies were doing, the audience would have been all over it. If that's not an indication of how relevant women's wrestling is these days in WWE, then nothing is. Some of Fox's execution of moves actually looks terrific. These moves look like they hurt. **

The Hart Dynasty © vs. The Usos - Unified Tag Team Championships

Michael Cole, being the imbecile that he is, names the wrong Samoan when one of the Usos does the Samoan Wrecking Ball. "Shades of Rikishi". No it wasn't. Really solid tag team action from bell 2 bell. The Usos had some awesome tag team moves in there. I want these two teams to get a good 15-20 minutes anywhere. Hell, shove them in a Superstars main event. ***1/4

Rey Mysterio © vs. Jack Swagger - World Heavyweight Championship

With Jack Swagger attacking the leg of Rey, this match has a ready-built storyline going into it. They can't blow it can they ? I was a bit miffed that they didn't use said storyline for the most part but they still put on a superb match regardless, and Jack Swagger looked as great as he has done recently. I'm still going to take away for the lack of focus on the leg and ankle of Rey. Why would Swagger be stupid enough not to go after it ? A better match than I was expecting though. ***3/4

Rey Mysterio © vs. Kane - World Heavyweight Championship

Rey is reasonably conditioned here, so lets see what happens. Maybe not. :lol: Kane being the champ gives me a happy. N/A

Layla © vs. Kelly Kelly - WWE Women's Championship

Lay-Cool are like a more charismatic version of the new Beautiful People. You know what, keep them as part of the mass cull of Divas. This match was actually diabolically bad. The pleasant surprises end here. :(DUD

RAW Money in the Bank Ladder Match

I'm really rooting for Randy Orton to take this one. The Miz !!! :D :D :D That is great news. As for the match, this was brilliant. As they headed down the final stretch they did all sorts of good stuff. They even had me buying that Bourne could win the match. ****

Sheamus © vs. John Cena, Steel Cage Match - WWE Championship

You just know that Nexus are going to be involved in this match in some way or form, although I can't imagine how it's going to happen. I do hope that Sheamus wins this match. They were going for epic in this one and for the most part they did a splendid job of it. NXT basically spent their time looking at Cena allowing Sheamus the opening he needed. Nice ending to the match actually. Match of the night and it really was fun. ****1/4

That was a good solid PPV rounded off by two cracking matches.

Rey wins despite getting his arse kicked throughout the entire match. Good match though, Swagger is improving all the time, good to see the Vader Bomb back in wrestling!

Its not the same when you have some Kurt Angle rip off doing it. The Vader Bomb was awesome if performed by a big man (Rikishi, Viscera type guys).

ITS TIME, ITS TIME! Man I miss Vader

Where can I watch this? I've tried to ignore the last 2 pages of this thread.

Fell asleep at the start of the RAW MITB and the whole thing isn't on dailymotion yet ?

This is a great sight for all your wrestling needs. Loads of cool retro stuff too.

http://www.justin.tv/directory/sports/wrestling?order=hot〈=en#r=NMcRFew~

That was a decent PPV IMO, much better that Over the Limit and Fatal 4 Way. Both MITB matches were good, with the wrong man winning the first but the right man winning the second. Rey vs Swagger was good and the surprise cash in was entertaining. I found Cena vs Sheamus boring, and the crowd was dead, but it was more angle advancement than anything else. The tag and 2 divas matches were ok bouts, but largely forgettable.

Have you not been reading all the posts? It wasn't surprising at all. The fact that he ran out and chased Swagger then came back out was just stupid. Everyone on here, seemingly apart from you, thought that it was gonna happen.

Have you not been reading all the posts? It wasn't surprising at all. The fact that he ran out and chased Swagger then came back out was just stupid. Everyone on here, seemingly apart from you, thought that it was gonna happen.

No it wasn't. The fact that he came out but chased Swagger to the back would make people think that he wasn't going to cash it in afterall. Then out he comes. It was very well done.

You are probably right, but the inner mark within me still likes to suspend my disbelief a little when watching wrestling. If it wasn't the hope for an exciting or surprising moment then there would be little point in me staying up until stupid o'clock on a Sunday night watching grown men pretend to fight each other.