The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Tajiri, Whipwreck, Super Crazy and Guido all had some cracking combonations of 3 and 4 way dances, Nova and Chetti were a great tag team too, The dudleys were the best as they have stood the test of time, often tag teams after some success go it solo and if they are good one of them go onto the world titles, (edge and christian and the hardy boys being good examples) yet the Dudleys have always stuck together and focused on tag team domination (apart from the draft lotto of 2002)

Tajiri, Whipwreck, Super Crazy and Guido all had some cracking combonations of 3 and 4 way dances, Nova and Chetti were a great tag team too, The dudleys were the best as they have stood the test of time, often tag teams after some success go it solo and if they are good one of them go onto the world titles, (edge and christian and the hardy boys being good examples) yet the Dudleys have always stuck together and focused on tag team domination (apart from the draft lotto of 2002)

The Dudleys have just been lucky that they haven't been booked apart from each other most of the time while the other teams have.

The Dudleys have just been lucky that they haven't been booked apart from each other most of the time while the other teams have.

it would be crazy to split up a tag team as good as that, 3D is my favourite double team move (sorry "the Dudley death drop") I know a lot of old school guys here still like doomsday device

it would be crazy to split up a tag team as good as that

You could say the same for many teams. Great teams like The New Age Outlaws, The Rockers, The Hart Foundation, The Brainbusters and more were split when there was absolutely no reason to split them and they were superb. The Dudley Boys have been lucky that they haven't been split properly, although a lot of that might be down to them being tested in singles competition and being exposed as not very good.

Half brotherly love.

Half brotherly love.

which makes me wonder if we might see LSD pop up and join in the d'von vs bubba thing thats happening between them with the jesse neal trouble, a dudley 3 way dance would be great (tables match ofcourse!)

He did a similar promo for RVD too. Rhino at that point was awesome for stuff like that.

same with when he put Sandmans wife in the hospital, he was super heel at that time, his entrance music Debonair by Dope was pretty fucking awesome too, I remember that was the intro music for the ECW Anarchy Rulz video game too, nostalgia meter is off the scale

I totally forgot about the entrance music of Rhino. I didn't forget about Anarchy Rulz though. Wasn't a fan of those sorts of games at all. Was it RAW and Attitude that came out with that game engine ? I know there were a couple anyways, with their shitty Up Down Up combo finishes.

The N64 Jakks games were the place to be. WCW/nWo Revenge, WCW vs. nWo World Tour, WWE Wrestlemania 2000 and WWE No Mercy. Every single one of them were brilliant. Revenge being my personal favourite.

I totally forgot about the entrance music of Rhino. I didn't forget about Anarchy Rulz though. Wasn't a fan of those sorts of games at all. Was it RAW and Attitude that came out with that game engine ? I know there were a couple anyways, with their shitty Up Down Up combo finishes.

The N64 Jakks games were the place to be. WCW/nWo Revenge, WCW vs. nWo World Tour, WWE Wrestlemania 2000 and WWE No Mercy. Every single one of them were brilliant. Revenge being my personal favourite.

Those games are indeed braw but have you played any of the Fire Pro games?

Numerous incidents (2007–2009)

On June 11, 2007, WWE aired a segment at the end of Raw that featured McMahon entering a limousine moments before it exploded. The show went off-air shortly after, and WWE.com reported the angle within minutes as though it were a legitimate occurrence, proclaiming that McMahon was "presumed dead".[69] Although this was the fate of the fictional "Mr. McMahon" character, no harm came to the actual person, the "presumed death" of McMahon was part of a storyline.[70] WWE later acknowledged to CNBC that he was not truly dead.[71]

The June 25, 2007 edition of Raw was scheduled to be a three-hour memorial to "Mr. McMahon". However, due to the actual death of Chris Benoit, the show opened with McMahon standing in an empty arena, acknowledging that his reported death was only of his character as part of a storyline.[72] This was followed by a tribute to Benoit that filled the three-hour timeslot

Sorry but maybe I didn't make myself clear. I meant what did the WWE have planned for that storyline in the coming weeks after the limosine explosion. I know that both the Illigitimate Son and Death angles were both going to be used to make Mr Kennedy a massive heel.

I seem to remember D-Von Dudley getting a huge ovation at MSG at the Survivor Series 02. During the match where the Dudleys were re-united as 3MW wreslted Spike, Jeff Hardy and Bubba Dudley.

I seem to remember D-Von Dudley getting a huge ovation at MSG at the Survivor Series 02. During the match where the Dudleys were re-united as 3MW wreslted Spike, Jeff Hardy and Bubba Dudley.

Yep, they got a pretty decent pop that night after being apart for a few months.

top 5 wrestling games that I've owned (starting with the best)

1. ECW Hardcore Revolution, first Wrestling game I ever owned, got it in '99 for the N64, I spent most of the time playing the career mode over and over with Mike Awesome and Spike Dudley, Loved that game, even though it was graphically pish and had the combo button move thingy, I loved it, awesome.

2. WWF No Mercy, For the N64. Brilliant game graphics were exellent for a wrestling game at that time (shoulders looked dodgey though) a Great CAW mode and move sets, I used to play it for hours with my best pal at the time, both about 15 and wrestling mental, loved the special Royal Rumble feature that had every wrestler come in 4 times as each wrestler had 3 or 4 different outfits, about a 100 man rumble.

3. WWF Smackdown (the Original) on Playstation. 1999, used to play this like crazy the Smackdown video game series was mental but slowly got worse each year imo, although in the original the graphics were suspect and it had strange background music during matches, I loved it, also loved the entrance just being the superstar walking infront of the video.

4. ECW Anarchy Rulz, for the Dreamcast (yes I know) in 2001. The next evolution of the ECW game, was strange to see Paul Heymans finisher was the Kathahajamai (AKA Tazmission) was good to see previously missing stars in this one like Dusty Rhodes and Masato Tanaka, I didn't play this as often as Hardcore Revolution, I used t play as the King of Old School Steve Corino and The Big F'N Deal Rhino most.

5. Really Hard Decision this as the top 4 are well ahead of everything else imo, but I would go for WWF Attitude (simillar to Hardcore Revolution in terms of graphics and controls) it was a good game and I loved the superstars that the roster had at that time, nice varied Attitude stars all different characters, mostly I played with Al Snow and Stone Cold.

Smackdown series now Raw vs Smackdown is the same every year now, to the point where I honestly can't find any difference other than roster update, I would rather play 1998 WWF Warzone than the new Raw vs Smackdown.

Never ever played a WCW or TNA game so I can't comment on either of those, but I still think that if I had my top 5 would still be the same, I can't see my number 1 choice ever changing based on such a great game and nostalgic feeling I get from it.

Hero of the Day - The original plan was for some kind of "whodunnit?" storyline, but I don't think any more than that ever came out.

As for wrestling games, you can't beat the WWF Wrestlefest arcade game. Me and my mates used to always play that when it was tucked away at the back of the very top floor of the Hynd arcade in Dundee. Brilliant.

Those games are indeed braw but have you played any of the Fire Pro games?

No. :(

The rosters are pure amazing for them games as well.

I'm willing to give credit to Smackdown : Here Comes the Pain actually. Easily the best of the Smackdown series. That being said, the first one had Paul Bearer punching my arse in backstage storylines which amused me slightly, and Gangrel's terrific face when being hit with The Rock's swinging DDT.

As for wrestling games, you can't beat the WWF Wrestlefest arcade game. Me and my mates used to always play that when it was tucked away at the back of the very top floor of the Hynd arcade in Dundee.

That game used to be in the fair that was down the road from me back in the day. Was good fun.

I'm willing to give credit to Smackdown : Here Comes the Pain actually. Easily the best of the Smackdown series.

I absolutely adored that game. My created character was a 7 foot clown whose finisher was the Batista bomb. He dominated the WWE through his use of the women's toe kick and hard hitting punches.