The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I'm curious about Lucha Libre USA. Supposedly Jindrak got really good. Will check it out unless you give it a horrible review.

I'm gutted about Storm missing the show; was so hoping for a backstage segment of him walking, seeing Dixie and Russo, opening his mouth to speak and then just shaking his head and walking by.

Sheiky Baby is a class act.

He's always fucking arses and making people humble. I don't know if he goes through his entire life putting on his game face and acting as if life's all just a great big work, or if he actually doesn't realise that he's not in the 1980s anymore and now in a world where breaking kayfabe isn't a big deal.

Some vidoes I think he's genuinely lost it, other ones though I reckon he's trolling.

Well, I watched that Lucha Libre USA. I'm not sure what to make of it though. Over choreographed shit most of the way really. Not sure I can take much more of it. Certainly won't be watching this week's show.

I do wonder what they're going to do with Swagger, Rhodes and McIntyre though since there are no other credible faces on the show.

What's MVP up to these days, surely he could feud with one of those guys?

Bin them all, because all they have going for them is their looks.

Jack Swagger has shown that he has a lot more than the look. Cody Rhodes also has good mic skills and is one of the best tag wrestlers in WWE at the moment. Drew McIntyre is a work in progress that seems to be finally showing some progress.

He's always fucking arses and making people humble. I don't know if he goes through his entire life putting on his game face and acting as if life's all just a great big work, or if he actually doesn't realise that he's not in the 1980s anymore and now in a world where breaking kayfabe isn't a big deal.

Unless your in the WWE, who were said to be unhappy when the photo of the 'Taker's wedding came out because it broke his kayfabe.

Edited by forehead7

Jack Swagger has shown that he has a lot more than the look. Cody Rhodes also has good mic skills and is one of the best tag wrestlers in WWE at the moment. Drew McIntyre is a work in progress that seems to be finally showing some progress.

Thats the best compliment he'll ever get from youtongue.gif.

What's MVP up to these days, surely he could feud with one of those guys?

It's possible yet MVP is hardly credible, the guy couldn't even get a place in the Money in the Bank match ahead of diddies like Matt Hardy and Drew McIntyre. Ever since he cut a promo on Orton after his move to Raw he's went downhill, the guy used to be entertaining now he's nothing more than a jobber.

It's possible yet MVP is hardly credible, the guy couldn't even get a place in the Money in the Bank match ahead of diddies like Matt Hardy and Drew McIntyre. Ever since he cut a promo on Orton after his move to Raw he's went downhill, the guy used to be entertaining now he's nothing more than a jobber.

MVP is still a decent enough wrestler. He wasn't in the money in the bank because you wouldn't want anymore faces in it. What with having Kingston, Big Show and Hardy, then having tweeners like Kane and Christian there just wasn't enough room for him. A feud between him and either Rhodes and McIntyre would work, imo.

Anyone know a site where I could watch Hardcore Justice live in high quality? Me and some mates plan on watching it, but TNA's stopped doing their own live online PPV's, and I don't want to chance it on a ustream or justin.tv stream. Happy enough to pay for it if anywhere is reliable.

Anyone know a site where I could watch Hardcore Justice live in high quality? Me and some mates plan on watching it, but TNA's stopped doing their own live online PPV's, and I don't want to chance it on a ustream or justin.tv stream. Happy enough to pay for it if anywhere is reliable.

What I'd do, to guarantee high quality, is get BitTorrent and download it off Pirate Bay on the monday morning and invite the mates round once it's downloaded. Not unless Spike do an online on demand thing.

Yeah, I did consider that, might be the best option. How fast do the PPVs usually turn up on torrent sites?

They take fucking ages. Better using Rapidshare or something similar.

They take fucking ages. Better using Rapidshare or something similar.

Not that bad, usually up by Monday afternoon. I use isohunt.com and piratebay.org, although isohunt sometimes post the same torrents as pirate bay.

I wouldn't use Rapidshare, limited amount of downloads.

In other news, Mickie James, Shelton Benjamin, Katie Lea Burchill, Jimmy Wang Yang, Slam Master J, Kung Fu Naki and Mike Knox are all free to work anywhere since their 90 day clause has run out since being released by WWE.

Edited by forehead7

I'm thinking Dailymotion could be the way to go, they always get it up pretty quickly, from what I remember. Would prefer something TV quality so we could hook it up to a widescreen telly, but ach well.

You'd think TNA would have this kind of market covered. Online PPVs aren't hard to set up(even CZW does them), and it's always ridiculous when you have a 'customer' basically wanting to give you money and not being able to.

I'd really like to see Mickey James in TNA.

The torrents are always good quality. If you left your BitTorrent open and your computer on overnight on Monday and through until the Tuesday morning then you should have it when you wake up, presuming that your internet speeds are half decent.

Angle's been wanting to get Haas and Benjamin to TNA, maybe to get his Angle Alliance back together. This could green light it.

Was hoping to see it a wee bit quicker than that, one of my friends bides in Glasgow and is just up here in Dundee until the 10th, watching it on Monday night would be ideal. Plus I'm pish at avoiding spoilers.

I like Benjamin, but him in TNA is a recipe for disaster. A guy who no-one's been able to book to his full potential, in the company that doesn't know how to book anyone to their full potential.... though I guess if he just teams with Haas as part of the Angle Alliance and has great matches against the likes of Beer Money and MCMG, they can't go wrong.

Not that bad, usually up by Monday afternoon. I use isohunt.com and piratebay.org, although isohunt sometimes post the same torrents as pirate bay.

In other news, Mickie James, Shelton Benjamin, Katie Lea Burchill, Jimmy Wang Yang, Slam Master J, Kung Fu Naki and Mike Knox are all free to work anywhere since their 90 day clause has run out since being released by WWE.

welcome to TNA Mickie James. Who the f**k is slam master j? mike knox, funaki, wang yang and katie lea can f**k off, benjamin should come to TNA only if Haas come and they both do tag team wrestling only!

The daily download limit is 10GB for premium users I believe. I've only gone over it once (when I downloaded all 86 episodes of the Sopranos :D).