The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

It's quite sad, CM Punk is a wrestler yet he's better than the other commentators.

Aye, the episode of NXT he commentated on is one of the best shows I've seen this year.

Not than Michael Cole when the Miz is out doing something. Loved the wee bit where he high fived Riley and he said "Yeah! Buddy!" like he was a jock part of the clique

They should have Cole go complete heel and start a faction with him managing certain wrestlers, while still on commentary.

Aye, the episode of NXT he commentated on is one of the best shows I've seen this year.

They should have Cole go complete heel and start a faction with him managing certain wrestlers, while still on commentary.

That's a worse idea than Hall and Nash as TNA tag champs in the year 2010.

That's a worse idea than Hall and Nash as TNA tag champs in the year 2010.

Have you seen Michael Cole recently? The guy is gold. I maybe wouldn't go as far as making him manage guys but showing him backstage hanging about with the likes of the Miz or Cody Rhodes would be good.

I don't know if I'd give him a faction but when he did his "voice of the gm" power trip that was amazing.

His job is pretty easy, to beef up people like the Miz and Cody Rhodes, when the King tries to say that Rhodes is ugly. Bit difficult when he got voted the most handsome by the divas!

How is one of the best mic workers in WWE being good on commentary sad in any way ? Surely it should be a given that he'd be good ?

I didn't say it was sad, it was in reference to Cole managing.

Have you seen Michael Cole recently? The guy is gold. I maybe wouldn't go as far as making him manage guys but showing him backstage hanging about with the likes of the Miz or Cody Rhodes would be good.

Nope, and there is one huge reason for that. I can't stand him, his voice or anthing about him, hence why I don't watch Raw, I wouldn't watch Raw anyway cause I'm not 6 and a half.

Just a heads up about a show on sky tonight, most likely clashing with Raw.

Time our Lives, a discussion show is featuring World of Sport tonight and Gary Newbon will be interviewing Mick McManus, Rollerball Rocco and Banger Walsh about the good old days. Its on a 10pm on SS1.

Actually really looking forward to this

I watched The Rise and Fall of ECW and WCW over the past few days and it was supoib! Is there such a documentary as the Monday Night Wars or something that is available to view on the net?

Can't find it on youtube where I watched the afore mentioned videos. Any help greatly appreciated.

I watched The Rise and Fall of ECW and WCW over the past few days and it was supoib! Is there such a documentary as the Monday Night Wars or something that is available to view on the net?

Can't find it on youtube where I watched the afore mentioned videos. Any help greatly appreciated.

Monday Night Wars is a great dvd, you might be able to get it on a wrestling torrents site.

Just a heads up about a show on sky tonight, most likely clashing with Raw.

Time our Lives, a discussion show is featuring World of Sport tonight and Gary Newbon will be interviewing Mick McManus, Rollerball Rocco and Banger Walsh about the good old days. Its on a 10pm on SS1.

Actually really looking forward to this

Ahh, nice one. Gary Newbon is an idiot but not even he could ruin this.

On the subject of the Rise and Fall of WCW, the matches discs on that set are unreal. The first is easily the best set of matches that WWE have put on a DVD disc.

Yep, I was raving about that DVD set when it first came out - absolutely fantastic.

Nope, and there is one huge reason for that. I can't stand him, his voice or anthing about him, hence why I don't watch Raw, I wouldn't watch Raw anyway cause I'm not 6 and a half.

Don't think you're in a position to comment on what WWE should be doing with him then. Surely the fact you can't stand him makes him a good heel?

That R-Truth is absolutely horrible probably the worst thing I have ever seen in wrestling. The gimmick is dire, he can't sing/rap and with Eve Torres now pulling off some shit dance moves it's car crash at best. His face annoys me.

Is that the kent who used to be K-Kwik? That character was chronic as well.

That R-Truth is absolutely horrible probably the worst thing I have ever seen in wrestling. The gimmick is dire, he can't sing/rap and with Eve Torres now pulling off some shit dance moves it's car crash at best. His face annoys me.

Aye it is. He's fucking rotten.

Don't think you're in a position to comment on what WWE should be doing with him then. Surely the fact you can't stand him makes him a good heel?

Exactly, Bischoff said it right, good heels are when you want to get up and punch them(not that bit but he went into a big speech in his book)

Yeah. I didn't mind him in TNA. He was younger and the sound of his rapping was a lot better in the TNA arenas.