The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Blood in wrestling is far too overrated

That's true. At the same time, there are times when you wonder if it'd be effective. When someone gets rammed into a cage face first about 15 times, they SHOULD bleed.

It did get to a point where blood was used too much though.

Return on Raw:

Joey Styles tweeted that Vince is coming back tonight

TNA, not a spoiler but will reveal who won between Anderson and Hardy on the Impact that aires tomorrow.

Hardy was supposed to win on Impact but because his court case didn't wrap up in time then they couldn't risk it.

Expected to be Hardy vs Anderson in a ladder match at Against All Odds

Unpopular opinions

DDP was ace and should have been WWF champion

Blood in wrestling is far too overrated

Benoit was shit

Kaientai were awesome

Rikishi was shit

The Two Man Powertrip was a tremendous angle and was over far too quick

DDP was given 2 dreadful angles with the stalker and self-help thing.

Benoit, good wrestler, shite at everything else.

Kaientai were awesome - and EVIL.

Powertrip was brilliant. It would have rolled on but for HHH's injury.

Another couple - The invasion angle was really good. As were Steve Austin and Kurt Angle's comedy skits with Vince at the time.

nWo's entrance music was shite. Like a stock entrance theme for a jobber. Considering they were the biggest thing in Wrestling at one point.

Edited by djchapsticks

Another one - The invasion angle was really good.

I think, over time, people have basically twigged to the fact that yes, it was a good angle. What can't be denied though is how much better it could have been.

Benoit, good wrestler, shite at everything else.

That pretty much sums him up. Infact, he was a fucking incredible wrestler. One of the best of all time. What ranks him lower than others is his lack of character.

nWo's entrance music was shite. Like a stock entrance theme for a jobber.

Nonsense. Check out their b-music though.

Edited by DomDom

As far as unpopular opinions go, TNA's entrance music is shite barring none compared to WWE's which has in the main, always been catchy except when they start fucking about with a character's music ie Kane.

As far as unpopular opinions go, TNA's entrance music is shite barring none compared to WWE's which has in the main, always been catchy except when they start fucking about with a character's music ie Kane.

I dunno about that. Beer Money have pretty awesome music and I'm a big fan of Kurt Angle's and Jeff Jarrett's too. Also, WWE have their share of shite. Dolph Ziggler's is about as "generic rock music entrance" as it gets, and Ted Dibiase's is hilarious.

As for that nWo theme...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8GdX74ztd8

I dunno about that. Beer Money have pretty awesome music and I'm a big fan of Kurt Angle's and Jeff Jarrett's too. Also, WWE have their share of shite. Dolph Ziggler's is about as "generic rock music entrance" as it gets, and Ted Dibiase's is hilarious.

As for that nWo theme...

If I'm honest, I've not watched WWE in years, I was just referring to the last era that I watched ie Big Show, Angle, Stone Cold, Kane, The Rock, Cactus Jack compared to the Hardy's new theme and most of TNA's themes which I can't recall off-hand.

If I'm honest, I've not watched WWE in years, I was just referring to the last era that I watched ie Big Show, Angle, Stone Cold, Kane, The Rock, Cactus Jack compared to the Hardy's new theme and most of TNA's themes which I can't recall off-hand.

Oh aye, that was a time where you rarely got a misfire music wise. I mean, you had X-Factor, but that's about it.

Entrance musics from just now I'd have to give the edge to TNA. AJ, Abyss, Angle, Jarrett, Beer Money and Fortune's are all good.

I've always loved Steiner's. "Holla if ya hear me!!" and then the siren hits.

WWE's just now are awful with the exception of CM Punk's, but that says more about my love for Killswitch than anything else. You have heel's like Nexus, Sheamus and DiBiase who have the most homosexual songs going. I'd don't mind McIntyre's but it's not great.

I'm a fan of the Nexus music. Randy Orton's music is just incredible. The Miz's is superb as well.

WWE has it's share of really good entrance music. I just don't think they're far ahead of TNA is all.

How could I forget The Miz's, I'm ashamed. It's good. Nah can't go Orton's at all.

Unpopular opinions:

American Badass was The Undertaker's best gimmick.

Stone Cold's "WHAT?" catchphrase was fun for about a week, then it just got annoying.

Edge should be nowhere near as decorated a champion as he has become.

RTC were awesome.

:D