The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I read Goldust's book on Saturday. In 90 minutes. It was utter shit. One of the worst books I've ever read. It only took me 90 minutes because it's so short. Just dreadful really.

Aye, fair skimmed through it as well. As a huge Goldust mark I was looking forward to it but it was such a let down. Pretty sure he got some of the events he spoke about in the wrong order as well. Ho hum.

The Trish/Vince/Linda stuff was amazing, and Linda getting off the chair at Wrestlemania X-7 was fantastic.

It was indeed. Truly wonderful stuff.

All the WWE really needs to go back to it's heyday now is getting Triple H back, which is already happening then getting Stone Cold back and putting Kane's mask back on. The final touches would be Jim Ross commentating with Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole dropping this terrible persona he's got going on and return to being the guy he used to be.

Bingo, you've got the Attitude Era.

For what it's worth, I know many have said they hate King as a commentator but him as color commentator with JR is the best there has ever been in Sport. Period.

All the WWE really needs to go back to it's heyday now is getting Triple H back, which is already happening then getting Stone Cold back and putting Kane's mask back on. The final touches would be Jim Ross commentating with Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole dropping this terrible persona he's got going on and return to being the guy he used to be.

Bingo, you've got the Attitude Era.

For what it's worth, I know many have said they hate King as a commentator but him as color commentator with JR is the best there has ever been in Sport. Period.

They'll never be able to reach that height again. If you could bottle what the WWF had going on then, it would be tremendous, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Having Rock and Austin about on a semi-regular basis though would be excellent, especially with HHH's imminent return.

Can't agree with Cole though, all the best Wrestling commentary partnerships have a face guy and a heel guy. Cole as a heel guy works, just like King as a heel did back in the mid 90s. JR coming back to be the face PBP with Cole as Heel would be ideal with King on colour as a face as he's probably too over just now to turn heel, though a lot of folk think 3 on commentary is just too much going on.

Edited by djchapsticks

Can someone roughly tell me wen on the raw is the rocks part? Old school fan can't b bothered with alot of the other pish

Not bothered with wrestling since the great one left to go and make pishy action movies.

Think i,ll even watch it on ppv...hell yeh.

when is it on ppv...?

Feck me, I had forgotten how good Rock was was the mic. That was erm, electrifying. Has it really been seven years?

I think I might buy Mania now afterall.

Not really, he came back to help Eugene and do something with the Diva search in 05. He's made a few little cameo appearances as well.

You only have to look at this thread to see the kind of interest that The Rock drums up. Even if you don't like him, it is absolutely undeniable that he is one of the true stars in WWE history.

Of course he is. He's probably one of the top 5 financial draws of all time. Top 3 on the mic. And the best heel/face all rounder.

Just watched it back on HD. The moment where his music hits for the first time the place goes nuts!!

There is nobody like him for getting the crowd going - he basically came out and said he was gunning for their man Cena and while at first some were a bit :blink: by the end he had them all won over again.

He is epic, it is as simple as that.

The last 15 mins of RAW is the best i've seen for the last 2 years, easy!

I only hope he is here for a while, dont care if he doesn't wrestle but the WWE needs him, more so than ever before!