The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Well that did not dissappoint. Best WWE PPV event ive seen in a long long time. Every match (that I cared about) had the best possible winner and outcome, and the main event was outstanding from both Punk and Cena.

Raw is going to be interesting tomorrow. Will they really "fire" Cena for a sustained period of time? I highly doubt it but tonight swung a few surprises in there so you never know.

Cena needs time off, he's injured and the WWE would rather that he rests for a couple of months in order to keep him fresh for his Wrestlemania match against The Rock, as that match equals lots $$$.

Wouldn't be surprised if Triple H returned, if Cena does indeed take a break.

This will be like that time he had shoulder surgery and they told us he would miss Wrestlemania, only for him to return and win the Royal Rumble.

Nah, they didn't. He was on the Wrestlemania ads as early as November. I remember there was one packed in with SvR 08.

Sin Cara suspended for 30 days for failing a wellness test

That explains the brutal powerbomb last night then, i guess Sheamus doesn't like druggies? :lol:

Don't think the suspension will harm Sin Cara too much though, as he's over with the crowd and is selling a lot of merchandise.

"I hate this idea that you're the best. You're not. I'm the best."

There aren't many shows that have pushed the hype buttons for fans quite like this one. The main event is the sole reason and one man that's in it. For once, WWE seem to have pushed the buttons of what the smarks wanna see.

WWE Money in the Bank 2011

The entrance structure is one of the more badass ones that they have come up with, comprising of MASSIVE ladder lighting structures. I decided not to really check who was in the ladder matches so as I don't really have any pre-conceptions.

Sin Cara vs. Wade Barrett vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Heath Slater vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Kane, Smackdown Money in the Bank Ladder Match ( **** )

Kelly Kelly © vs. Brie Bella - WWE Diva's Championship ( 3/4* )

Mark Henry vs. The Big Show ( ** )

Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger vs. Evan Bourne vs. R-Truth vs. Alex Riley vs. The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio, RAW Money in the Bank Ladder Match ( ****1/2 )

Randy Orton © vs. Christian - World Heavyweight Championship ( **** )

John Cena © vs. CM Punk - WWE Championship ( ***** )

Sin Cara vs. Wade Barrett vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Heath Slater vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Kane, Smackdown Money in the Bank Ladder Match

I have to admit, the Sin Cara entrance looks VERY cool here. Sheamus is fucking OVER!!! Kane is something of a veteran when it comes to the Money in the Bank. The whole thing kicks off now. Kane works on Justin and a whole bunch of others wind up on the floor and we're left with Sheamus, Wade and Kane. Kane into the ropes and he lands a Clothesline and then he sends them both to the floor. Kane grabs the first ladder of the match and gets it kicked into his chest. Bryan gets the same treatment and then Cara gets smacked with it as well and into the ring goes Slater with the ladder. Justin is jumping along the ring with the ladder and Justin Dropkicked off, but then Bryan sent into the ladder and now Cody climbing. Sheamus comes in and stops him. THE CELTIC CROSS ... Cody avoids it. FLASH KICK HITS SLATER !!! The fans are well into this at the moment. Ladder shots to Cody and then it's set into the corner. Kane cleans house again and then Wade comes in and the fans are booing. Wade is then sent face first into the ladder and then Kane throws the ladder onto Sheamus and Wade. Slater into the ropes and Kane lands the Sidewalk Slam and then he heads for the top rope and Cara sends him down. Justin kicks him to the floor and back in comes Bryan. SUICIDE DIVE FROM BRYAN TO WADE !!! JUSTIN WITH THE SOMERSAULT PLANCHA !!! Slater is there now. CORKSCREW PESCADO FROM SLATER !!! CARA WITH AN INSANE SPRINGBOARD PLANCHA !!! Haven't seen a spotfest quite like this from the WWE in a long time. Kick to the head of Bryan. Springboard Cross Body from Cara and then Justin comes in. Assisted Dropkick from Cara. Springboard Back Elbow and a Rana from Cara to Justin. Cara now has Bryan set on the top rope. ONE MAN SPANISH FLY FROM CARA !!! He's finally becoming a breakout star in WWE and the fans are LOVING this at the moment. Cara looks like he's gonna set the ladder bridge and then Wade kicks him in the face and does it himself. The referee comes over to make sure it's done properly. Wade misses a Clothesline at the floor. THE BICYCLE KICK FROM SHEAMUS !!! Sheamus and Cara now head for the apron. POWERBOMB OFF OF THE APRON THROUGH THE LADDER ONTO CARA !!! HOLY SHIT !!! Sheamus is MEGA over with this audience. Right, Sheamus now has another ladder and he's decided to just start mauling people with it. The stretcher is now heading around the ring and Sheamus and Kane are fighting over that ladder. Kane pushes the ladder and Sheamus to the floor. Kane then drops the ladder on Sheamus. Cody and Kane have smaller ladders and Bryan has a big one. Cody and Bryan work on Kane and then Cody and Bryan go at it. Cara is getting rushed up the aisle and now Kane is setting the ladder and he's heading for the case. The old Corre working together to stop Kane from getting to the case and now Cody is heading for the case and they notice that. Bryan is now going for the case and The Corre is really doing a number on the other guys in the match at the moment. Wade seems to think that he's now the leader of The Corre. They stop him and then lay on the beating on Wade and just club him down. Wade is sent to the floor and now we have Slater and Justin and they both go for it. Cody is up there and he gets sent diwn. CODY SENDS THEM BOTH DOWN AND LANDS THE CROSSROADS ON SLATER !!! Cody is now going for the case again but Wade is back in and going for it. THE CROSSROADS ON WADE !!! Sheamus stops Cody. THE IRISH CURSE ON CODY !!! Now Bryan comes into the ring. He's up there with Sheamus. Bryan is going up further. Sheamus now has Bryan... DOOMSDAY DEVICE ON BRYAN !!! The Chicago crowd chant "LOD" and they loved that there. Sheamus then bridges the third rung and the middle buckle with another ladder and Kane with a Big Boot. CHOKESLAM ON RHODES !!! GABRIEL JUMPS INTO THE CHOKESLAM !!! Bryan now comes into the ring and tries to put a stop to this. KANE GRABS BRYAN ... Bryan manages to kick away. BRYAN COUNTERS WITH THE DDT !!! In comes Heath Slater now. He's going for the the care now and Bryan is still in there. Bryan is doing all he can to stop Slater getting the case. NECKBREAKER OFF OF THE LADDER FROM HEATH !!! Slater goes for it and Wade misses a charge and Slater heads up and Wade crotches him on the top rope. Sheamus now back into the ring. Wade has another ladder and brings it into the ring. Slater then gets sent down on top of Kane. Justin misses a springboard move and gets planted with a Clothesline and then sets a ladder horizontally on the top rope. Justin then gets dropped on the ladder on the buckles and then points to the case. Kane is now climbing the other side. CHOKESLAM ONTO THE LADDER BRIDGE !!! Kane gets stopped. BEAUTIFUL DISASTER ON KANE !!! WASTELAND ON KANE !!! JUSTIN IS ON THE HORIZONTAL LADDER AND LANDS A 450 SPLASH !!! HOLY SHIT !!! WASTELAND SENDS JUSTIN OVER THE TOP ROPE !!! Pump Handle Slam on Cody and now he's going for the case. Cody sends Wade over the top and Bryan now heading for the case. What on earth is going on here. GUILLOTINE CHOKE ON THE TOP OF THE LADDER FROM BRYAN TO CODY !!! CODY COMES OFF THE TOP !!! BRYAN WITH THE MMA ELBOWS ON WADE TO AVOID WASTELAND !!! KICK SENDS DOWN WADE AND HE HAS THE CHANCE !!! BRYAN WINS THE CASE !!!

The match died down in a BIG way after the Powerbomb. If the match had even ended soon after the Powerbomb this would have been one of the best matches of it's type ever. The match was far too long. I loved the result and that might well have won me round and the crowd reaction gave it the right feeling. Don't get me wrong, this was a VERY fun match, but not what it COULD have been. ****

Kelly Kelly © vs. Brie Bella - WWE Diva's Championship

So with Nikki at ringside, how long do you think it'll take for them to do the stupid switch stuff. Kelly Kelly is probably the most over diva. Kelly slaps Bella and then starts mauling her a bit. Kelly works her way into a Tilt-a-Whirl Head Scissors and then dives off of the apron onto both of the Bellas. Back into the ring they go. Head Scissors over the top rope and then Kelly just gets dumped to the floor and Nikki gets in a cheap shot. That was some real quality backing up you were doing there Eve. Back into the ring and that gets a two count. Bella then just walks over Kelly before locking in the Body Scissors. Stomp to the back from Bella and then she chokes Kelly over the middle rope and then heads to the apron and drops the throat over the middle rope and that gets a two count. Kelly comes back with forearms and just gets thrown down to the canvas and that gets another two count. Seated Abdominal Stretch from Bella and she works over the ribs. Kelly pulls herself up and lands a Stunner and then just slams her face into the canvas and then just tosses her across the ring and lands a Clothesline. Neckbreaker and that gets a two count. Bella sweeps down Kelly and that gets a two count. FAMEASSER FROM KELLY !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

Kelly actually has some fire about her. It makes a world of difference to a divas match. Some right nonsense in this match though. I'll give points for it being quite heated at times but on the whole it was a bit shit. 3/4*

Mark Henry vs. The Big Show

I can't say I'm looking forward to this one at all. Henry goes to work but then Show comes back with chops. Flying Shoulder Block from Show and Henry heads for the floor. To the floor both men go now. Show grounds Henry and the fans care about what's going on. Maybe not in a positive way but they care. Henry goes for the slam and then gets sent into the steps. Henry lands a Dropkick sending the steps into the knees of Show. Show heads back into the ring and Henry with the chop block and he is now going to school, as it were. Kick to the face from Henry and then more of the same and that gets a two count. Henry then slams the leg into the canvas and I hope that they can capitalise on the story they're telling to create something of a good match. Modified Half Crab from Henry which looks like it might actually be doing a wee bit of damage to the leg rather than the back, kinda like the Eddie Edwards version of the move. Show eventually finds the bottom rope. Show kicks away Henry and he is still in the match! Henry with the big Avalanche in the corner and then he runs into the boot of Show who heads for the middle rope. Flying Shoulder Tackle from Show but he landed on the bad knee. THE CHOKESLAM ... Henry manages to avoid the move. WORLD'S STRONGEST SLAM FROM HENRY !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! WORLD'S STRONGEST SLAM FROM HENRY FOLLOWED BY THE BIG SPLASH !!! ANOTHER BIG SPLASH !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

I certainly appreciate the story they were trying to tell in the match. That is what wrestling is all about after all. Was it amazing? Obviously not, but it was never boring and they plotted out a decent wee match. **

Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger vs. Evan Bourne vs. R-Truth vs. Alex Riley vs. The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio, RAW Money in the Bank Ladder Match

ADR is kinda over and he seems to be fired up by it all. Rio and Kofi both take ladders into the ring when they enter. Looks like everyone is going to do the same as well. I am a bit interested as to how this is going to work. Also with guys like Rey, Bourne and Kofi in there, I think we're gonna see some madness. Too many wee ladders in there though. I want to see some height people! Rio is in the middle of all of this. Rio gets mauled with a whole bunch of ladders and gets sent to the floor and we now have ladder madness breaking out. Swagger sends a ladder into Rio and then loads of people throw ladders onto him. REY GETS SLID INTO THAT !!! Miz, Swagger and Truth in the ring and then Swagger sent to the floor and hit with a ladder. Truth and Miz are now in the ring with ladders. Both men have a tussle. Swagger wipes the two of those guys out of the match. Swagger with a smaller ladder and then in come Bourne and Kofi. Ladder to the gut of Swagger and then Truth. Rey comes off the ladder with a Rana and then Bourne to the floor. Truth crotched on the ladder and then he sets up that ladder. Miz is now on there. What are they doing? Miz gets planted with the ladder and then Swagger throws that ladder to the floor. RILEY WITH A MENTAL DIVE ONTO SWAGGER AND MIZ !!! TRUTH WITH THE SOMERSAULT PLANCHA TO THEM !!! REY AND KOFI WITH PLANCHAS OFF THE TOP ROPE !!! Evan Bourne is now climbing a big ladder on the aisle. SHOOTING STAR PRESS OFF OF THE LADDER ONTO EVERYONE !!! Bourne now sends a bigger ladder into the ring. Finally. He is now going for the case and Miz is in there with him. Kick from Bourne and he is close. Miz seems to have landed incredibly badly. With all of the focus on it, I can't help feeling that it's worked, but back into the ring we go with Rio and Truth and then down comes Rio thanks to Truth. Truth is now going for the case. Rio is now climbing the ladder. Rey and Bourne then go over Rio and Truth. Rey and Bourne with Stereo Ranas and in comes Swagger to put a stop to the fun. Kofi springs over Swagger and kicks away the man and goes for the case. SWAGGER WITH THE ANKLE LOCK ON KOFI !!! Riley is going for the case and Swagger realises this finally. Truth sends both men crashing into the top rope. Truth then sets the ladder horizontally across the middle rope and then Truth sent face first into a ladder. Truth Dropkicks the ladder in the corner into Rey. Truth now brings Rey onto the ladder. Kofi onto the ladder. KOFI SPRINGS OFF OF THE LADDER WITH THE BOOM DROP !!! Kofi misses a charge and winds up on the floor. REY WITH A 619 USING THE LADDER !!! That was very cooll. TRUTH KICKS THE LADDER INTO THE FACE OF SWAGGER !!! 619 FROM REY TO TRUTH !!! Rey and then he goes up the ladder. Riley and Rey are now on the ladder and Bourne is heading up. Bourne gets knocked down. What is Swagger doing? Bourne is now climbing as is Rio on the other side. There's some bad shit about to go down. Everyone is up there. RIO GETS SENT FACE FIRST INTO THE LADDER IN THE CORNER !!! Swagger winds up on the floor too. BOURNE GOES CRASHING TO THE FLOOR !!! Riley then crashes to the canvas. Truth goes down and we're left with Rey. KOFI IS LEFT ON TOP OF THE LADDERS !!! Swagger stops him. BOTH KOFI AND SWAGGER CRASH TO THE FLOOR !!! THE MIZ IS HEADING DOWN TO THE RING ON ONE LEG !!! THE FANS ARE GOING FUCKING MENTAL !!! Rey stops him and climbs. SUNSET BOMB OFF OF THE LADDER ON THE MIZ FROM REY !!! RIO STOPS REY !!! THIS IS FUCKING BRILLIANT !!! HE GETS KICKED DOWN !!! REY HAS HIS HANDS ON THE CASE !!! Rio and Rey now battle. CASE TO THE HEAD OF RIO !!! REY IS UNMASKED AND BOTH MEN CRASH TO THE FLOOR !!! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING !!! RIO IS NOW CLIMBING AND SURELY HE NOW HAS THE CASE !!! HE DOES !!!

Fucking hell this was one mental and insane spotfest. The botches just added to the madness of the whole thing which means I can't take points away in good conscience. While the first MITB was on the verge, this match DID wind up topping every match of it's type. Absolutely amazing. ****1/2

I might need to take a break after that one.

Randy Orton © vs. Christian - World Heavyweight Championship

Christian heads for the floor and then he grabs a steel chair and brings it out. He throws the chair into the ring and he wants Orton to use it and get DQed as that would lose him the title. Orton then throws the chair to the floor. Orton then with a right hand and then he lands more of the same. Into the corner and Orton works over him in a big way. Back Body Drop from Orton and then he stomps on the face of Christian. Christian with a right hand and then more of the same. The fans seem to be behind the challenger for the most part. Clothesline from Orton but he gets thrown to the floor. PESCADO FROM CHRISTIAN ... MISSES !!! Christian then gets sent into the steps and then back into the ring they go. Christian then heads for the apron and Orton misses a kick and he has his neck dropped over the top rope. Spinning Back Elbow off the top from Christian and then he just stands on the face of Orton. Into the corner and then right hands from Christian. Back Elbow from Christian and that gets a two count. Christian then mounts Orton and lands a series of right hands to the champ who is prone there. Orton comes back with right hands, and that doesn't last long as Christian lands right hands and then stands on the back of Orton. Christian then slingshots to the floor and lands a right hand to Orton and that gets a two count. Orton is coming back into the match and then Christian with a kick to the gut. Orton with a School Boy out of the corner for a two count. Spinebuster from Christian and that gets a two count for the challenger. Christian then waits for Orton to get back to his feet. THE KILLSWITCH ... countered. Cactus Clothesline from Orton and both men wind up on the floor. This match is building much better than the previous PPV match did. Back into the ring they go. Christian heads for the top rope and misses a dive. Orton runs into the boots of Christian but blocks a Dropkick with a Jacknife Pin for a two count. Thesz Press from Orton and then he lands a bunch of punches. THE HANGING DDT ... Christian takes down Orton and gets kicked into the corner. CHRISTIAN SPRINGBOARDS RIGHT INTO A DROPKICK FROM ORTON !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! A cracking exchange of counters between both men now. Christian now heads for the apron and he drops the throat of Orton down across the top rope. Christian to the top and Orton stops him and lands some right hands. Christian comes back with right hands. FLYING HEADBUTT FROM CHRISTIAN !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Both men battle to their feet now. Both men with counters and then Orton with Clotheslines. Kicks to the gut. KILLSWITCH FROM CHRISTIAN !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! The fans in the arena are not happy with that. The fans are loving this match as well. Christian has him ready... THE SPEAR FROM CHRISTIAN ... MISSES !!! ELEVATED NECKBREAKER FROM ORTON !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! I don't think anyone really bought that as the finish there. THE PUNT FROM ORTON ... ducked. Powerslam from Orton and Christian heads for the apron. THE HANGING DDT FROM ORTON !!! He's now signalling for the end here. RKO ... Christian now begs off. He spits in the face of Orton. Orton is now going mental and the fans are beginning to dislike this. LOW BLOW AND ORTON IS DQED !!! ORTON LOSES THE TITLE !!!

That was a decent good wee match there. The way it built meant that it had the potential to be a real belter but they didn't really have much in the way of a final stretch in order to reach that point. Still well worth your time though. ****

Randy Orton then lays on a huge beating on Christian post match. RKO ON THE SPANISH ANNOUNCE TABLE !!! Orton now comes back for more. The look on his face is just absolutely mental. RKO ON THE TABLE AGAIN !!!

The crowd is utterly, utterly nuclear. This fued has captured the imagination.

John Cena © vs. CM Punk - WWE Championship

This is fucking surreal. I don't have any way of describing this other than that. This is going to be absolutely amazing to watch even if the action isn't great thanks to how hot the crowd is. CM Punk now sits in the middle of the ring and waits for his opponent. The reception that greets Cena is just as unreal. I admit, the goosebumps are running at the moment. Punk applauds Cena from the front row. Ring the bell for god's sake. It rings and the fans are now moving. Punk goes for a quick kick to the leg and Cena manages to check it. Punk seems to be settling for the kicks and then he goes with the Headlock. He then goes behind with the Hammerlock. Cena then gets out and goes to the Snapmare and then the Chinlock and the fans don't like that. :lol: Against the ropes they go and Punk goes for the kick to the head and Cena gets away from that early. Looks like we're gonna be going for the epic style here. Lockup is avoided by Punk and he seems to be going for something. Cena goes to the Fujiwara Armbar and then an Arm Ringer when they get to their feet. Arm Bar from Cena. Cena into the ropes and he charges down Punk and then Punk applauds that. Lockup and a Headlock from Cena and then a Headlock Takedown and Side Headlock and the fans are being shut up for the most part. Cena then gets sent into the ropes and then he charges down Punk. Hiptoss from Punk and a Dropkick and then the Headlock Takedown and Side Headlock. Michael Cole brings up Survivor Series 1997. Cena is now battling back to his feet and then into the ropes and he charges down Cena and tells him he can't see him. Attitude Adjustment and Punk looks for the Go 2 Sleep and we have a stalemate between the two men and much of the audience seems to quite like that. Kick to the leg and then more kicks to both legs and then he stomps on the back and into the corner they go and Punk with some stomps in there. Punk into the corner and Cena lands his Bulldog and a desperate cover sees Cena getting a one count and then he locks in the Front Facelock. Punk battles to the feet and fights his way out of the move and hits the ropes and runs into a Clothesline and that gets a two count for the champ and he goes back to the Chinlock. Who does he think he is? Randy Orton? Back Drop Suplex from Punk and that gets a two count as he manages to escape the Chinlock. He's shaking off the effects. There seems to be a kids vs. adults duelling chant going around. Into the corner and Cena with the Release Fisherman Suplex and that gets a two count. Attitude Adjustment is countered and Punk lands the DDT and that gets a two count. Punk then locks in the Head Scissors. Cena powers to his feet and Punk elbows out and sends Cena to the floor and has his eyes on the champ. Punk now heads for the floor and gets Cena. Colt Cabana is at ringside and then head first into the apron and back into the ring they go. Well, Cena is draped over the apron. The fans chant for Colt Cabana. Knee Drop to the back of the head from Punk. Back into the ring and that gets a two count for the challenger. Cena is now on his feet and now knees to the gut from Punk. Punk then misses a charge and hits the ringpost. Both men are suffering the effects of this match in a big way. Cena looks for the STF and then Punk with the Clothesline and Cena finds the ropes to avoid further moves. Chinlock again from Punk. The chants break out for both men again. Cena with right hands again and then Cena charges into the boot and Punk with a Springboard Cross Body and that gets a two count. Cena is rolling onto the apron and he seems to be hurt. Cena blocks a Suplex into the ring. THE SUPLEX TO THE FLOOR FROM CENA TO PUNK !!! It appears we're watching something of an epic here and we head back into the ring where that gets a two count. Another Release Fisherman Suplex and then an Elbow Drop and that gets a two count. Cena is angry that Punk is still in this. Cena flips Punk into a Reverse DDT and that gets a two count. Cena is working some new shit into this match. Cena is now fully ready on his leg and he's doing some boxing. Punk then comes back with right hands of his own and sent into the ropes and now Cena locks in the Abdominal Stretch. Punk with a Hiptoss now and then both men bring each other down with a big Clothesline. Cena hits the ropes and lands the Flying Shoulder Tackles and Punk goes behind with the School Boy for a two count. Punk misses the High Knee. THE PROTOBOMB FROM CENA !!! Punk with a kick to the head before he gets the move and then he charges Cena to the floor. SUICIDE DIVE FROM CM PUNK !!! If this match continues to go down this path, we might well be watching an absolute classic here. Punk then breaks the count and sends Cena back into the ring and heads to the apron. Springboard Clothesline and that one misses and now Cena sees an oppertunity. THE FIVE KNUCKLE SHUFFLE !!! ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT FROM CENA !!! Punk avoids it. Punk with a sweep and that gets a two count. To the feet they go and then Punk has him. GO 2 SLEEP ... Cena counters to a Gutwrench Suplex and that gets a two count. ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT FROM CENA AGAIN ... HIGH KNEE FROM PUNK AND ANOTHER !!! Bulldog from Punk and then he heads for the apron. CM Punk with the Springboard Clothesline and that gets a two count for the challenger. John Cena is really feeling the effects of what Punk has laid on him. Kicks to the chest now from CM Punk. High Kick misses... CENA MANAGES TO FIND HIS WAY TO THE STF !!! PUNK IS CRAWLING LIKE CRAZY AND HE FINDS THE BOTTOM ROPE !!! The fans liked that right there, but the damage is probably done. Kick to the back of the head from Punk and that gets a two count. Punk is now finding his way to his feet and then heading for the top rope. Cena rolls through from the Cross Body. CENA NOW HAS PUNK ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT ... COUNTERED TO THE GO 2 SLEEP... COUNTERED TO THE STF !!! PUNK IS FIGHTING HIS WAY TO THE ROPES YET AGAIN !!! CENA PULLS HIM INTO THE MIDDLE AND LOCKS IT BACK IN !!! COME ON PUNK !!! CM PUNK IS ESCAPING FROM THE MOVE AND HE TURNS IT AROUND TO THE ANACONDA VICE !!! THE FANS ARE GOING MENTAL !!! This is absolutely fantastic people. Absolutely fucking fantastic. Cena is now fighting his way out. THE ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT FROM CENA !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOOOOOUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTT !!! COME ON CM PUNK !!! COME ON CM PUNK !!! Punk now signals for the end. Cena is using the ropes to avoid the GTS and drops the throat of Punk across the top rope. CENA WITH THE BIG LEG DROP ACROSS THE BACK OF THE HEAD !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! How on earth is this one going to end? ANOTHER ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOOOOOOUUUUUTTTTTTTT !!! CM PUNK IS FUCKING INVINCIBLE !!! HE WILL DO ANYTHING TO WIN THIS MATCH !!! Cena is now setting CM Punk on the top rope and it looks like he's now going for the big one. SUPER ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT ... PUNK ELBOWS THE SHIT OUT OF CENA !!! SUPER RANA FROM PUNK !!! High Knee. GO 2 SLEEP AND CENA WINDS UP ON THE FLOOR !!! Punk now crawls to the floor and throws Cena into the ring. Vince McMahon now heads to the aisle with Johnny Ace. THE STF ... CENA STOPS JOHNNY ACE FROM RINGING THE BELL !!! Cena goes back in. PUNK WITH THE GO 2 SLEEP !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!

I still think you can't call this anything other than the 2011 Match of the Year. You can't even call it anything other than an absolute classic. Everything about this match is absolutely perfect. Absolutely perfect. I have to admit, I didn't expect it coming into the match. I expected it to be good or even decent but never in my life did I expect this. *****

CM Punk leaves with the belt.

It's all well and good doing the build up right and having a good card on paper. It's another to execute it. The main event, even with the build up, Exceeded the expectations. You also had an absolutely rip roaring ladder match as well as another good one, and a cracking wee sub-main event. I'm actually delighted that it's WWE who have come up with what is likely to be the 2011 match of the year.

I think the guy should swallow his pride and volunteer to train at FCW for a while

Volunteer to train at FCW after arguably his best three outings in a WWE ring? That'd be downright mental.