The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

* Bret Hart: "You're all style and no stubstance." ... quite. Ricardo Rodriguez puts Alberto Del Rio to shame in pretty much every single way you can imagine apart from the wrestling. Facials, mic work, charisma, EVERYTHING. Who didn't know that we were going to see that main event though? So obvious as soon as Cena hit the ring that it was set. Not a BAD opening promo when Cena got out there, but my god it was poor before that.

* Jack Swagger/Dolph Ziggler vs. John Morrison/Alex Riley: What the f**k was Vickie wearing? The match itself is basically filler for the angle between Swagger and Ziggler which is fair enough. The match itself gets * which is the standard for this sort of match. Jack Swagger is not happy that he didn't make the save at the end. This must be the dullest fued ever.

* Yet more fuel to the fire that The Miz and R-Truth will move onto CM Punk, but what I'm wondering is, are we going to see the swerve of HHH using The Miz and R-Truth to hold onto his COO job? The segment with R-Truth and The Miz wasn't that interesting, and saved only by the brilliant delivery.

* The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston: A bit disjointed going into the final stretch but the action between the two was good stuff. The two have got better chemistry than they showed here I think. Surprised to see three straight head drops on Kofi in this match. Not usually a WWE thing. Anyways, enjoyable enough fare here. **

* I like the sound of the four way of Ziggler vs. Swagger vs. Morrison vs. Riley. Anyways Vickie talks her way into a match with Kelly Kelly.

* Otunga/McGillicutty vs. Jerry Lawler/Sheamus: SHEAMUS~~~!!! Unlike Big Zeke, this guy with a smile on his face actually works. There's only so much you can expect from a match with three of these four guys in it. Sheamus just squashes the two men basically. That's a good way to get Sheamus over. Using the current Lawler stuff to give Sheamus a squash. Naw bad. N/A

* Hart/Cena vs. Rodriguez/ADR: I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to this much. Hopefully they keep it reasonably short. They do and it's yet another complete nothing match. N/A

* Kelly Kelly vs. Vickie Guerrero: The two more charismatic divas in WWE. Shame it's probably going to be a shitfest as Vickie is probably the worst wrestling wise. Well, Alicia Fox isn't THAT far behind. Short match. Nobody cares. N/A

* Mark Henry isn't a supreme talker or anything, but he's competent and gets the point across. It's not exactly rocket science. 15 years of f**k all and now he's pissed. Fair enough lad.

* Cody Rhodes vs. Randy Orton: Their match on Smackdown wasn't too shabby at all. Any time Orton comes through the curtain these days there's a level of expectation. Fantastic to see a few paper bags on heads in the crowd during this one. Good stuff. Even wee faces on them. :lol: Nice. Decent enough match here. Didn't have the time they had the previous Friday but good enough. **1/2 Post match, Henry does a number on Orton.

* Punk/HHH face-to-face: LOVED the final couple of minutes of the promo. Especially the fan shouting "WHO'S PULLING THE STRINGS?!" :lol: The segment wasn't great to that point, but man that last wee bit made me wanna see the match if I didn't already.

Not a GREAT episode but it'll do.

Watched the final segment this morning, couldn't be bothered with the rest/listening to Cole.

Although the crowd are still quite clearly behind him, I still don't really understand Punk being so heelish. I 100% don't want nor expect him to be a full blown face but still don't really get it just now.

Mick Foley wrote on Twitter that he couldn't do something yet as he'd been busy emailing Michael Cole. The number of idiots who commented on it ("OMGZ MICK FOLEY IS DA RAW GM?!!!!!!11!1!!!!!1") is beyond ridiculous. :lol:

Edited by garymcc1874

WWE Hall of Famer Rowdy Roddy Piper's emergency surgery on Monday afternoon to repair a broken neck was a success.

The legendary superstar tweeted the following on Tuesday afternoon:

"Haven't slept since Saturday. The Tweet I just posted I messed up. Doctors put me on slab Monday at 12 noon.

the doctors operated for 6.5 hours. I woke at 1 am Tuesday. At 3 am Tuesday I walked half the hospital hall ways by myself.

Broken neck is fixed. Have to stay in Hospital 10 days. I think I can get OT done in 5 days.

when I can walk better going to the kids cancer ward. Bravest people in the world. Will be in Orlando in 3.5 weeks.

also have a surprize for all of you. In 4 weeks. Your going to love it! Hot Rod"

Good news for Hot Rod.

ICW Monday Night BRAW Season 2 Episode 1

Watch here.

So here we go again, and this time it's all about the last show that took place as we start the countdown to ICW Fear and Loathing IV. This episode features one of the highlights of ICW so far, as we open with...

William Grange vs. The Wee Man battle rap.

You have to see this. I mean it. Turn it on and WATCH it. William Grange's rap is a bit special. It takes a while to get going but once it does, it's pretty special and there isn't many depths he isn't willing to go to. The Wee Man TRIES to best it and... well... he doesn't. He DOES come out with a couple of crackers and it's not bad. It's no Grange though. Anyways, onto this other small matter...

STI ( William Grange and Dicky Divers ) vs. The Bucky Boys ( Davey Blaze and Steven Xavier )

This is a rematch of the absolutely spectacular ****1/2 spotfest. They obviously weren't going to be able to match that cracker, but that didn't stop them having a real good go at it this time. Plenty of good crowd/bar spots to get yer teeth into after the part where you can't see anything and then they get back into the ring for some proper action. Once again it's a high paced spotfest with big moves all over the shop. Highly enjoyable stuff. ***3/4

It's an episode well worth watching because it has 1) a hot crowd, 2) a funny as f**k pre-match rap and 3) a very good match. Pretty much the only wrestling that was worth watching this Monday!