The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

They've been on TV for 2 years in May, that's a pretty decent amount of time to makea judgement. I thought this time last year they were awful.

I meant more in terms of number of appearances. I only watch RAW and Smackdown and they're barely ever on it, not enough to for a real estimation of how terrible they are. I've always thought they were pretty middle of the road. Not terrible and can have decent matches.

Just watching some videos of the invasion angle (which I loved) and this was my favoutite moment by a mile, I remember watching this at the time and absolutley loving it. I was really into that storyline. What a pounding those 2 idiots took 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk5Q7NTyA0E

Say what you like about how shite they were, but by Christ Sean O'Haire could pull off a swanton for the size of him.

I used to love Sean O'Haire!!!ph34r.gif

The whole gimmick he had going where he played 'devils advocate' when he was running with Piper, could have been fantastic. I just felt like no one knew how to utilise it properly, aside from getting Dennis Knight to wrestle with his cock out. :blink:

Thought the battle royal on smackdown was quite good.

Drew was looking strong throughout until his elimination

Liked the Primo/Gabriel spot

Thought the tag champs in general looked good and worked together well

Good end result, if I hadn't of read the spoiler I would have genuinally no idea who was going to win

Last night's ICW was kinda iffy. Two matches that were okay really, but not much more than that. Next week has one of the "must see" matches of the ICW canon when James Scott defends the ICW title against BT Gunn. Jack Jester vs. Mikey Whiplash is on the show too and that's pretty good, and has a spot which has a MASSIVE pop.

On a WWE note now, does anyone else hope that Hero is kept away from Claudio? Claudio is apparently destined to go somewhere and Hero and his indyriffic... well... everything is certainly going to hold him back. I know the initial plan was for KoW to be there, but Claudio going in early should be a blessing in disguise for him. Chris Hero will also go back to the indies, where he is fairly good as his style is suited.

On a WWE note now, does anyone else hope that Hero is kept away from Claudio? Claudio is apparently destined to go somewhere and Hero and his indyriffic... well... everything is certainly going to hold him back. I know the initial plan was for KoW to be there, but Claudio going in early should be a blessing in disguise for him. Chris Hero will also go back to the indies, where he is fairly good as his style is suited.

I don't think Hero will make it out of developmental. I haven't seen that much of Chris Hero as a singles wrestler so I can't really comment on that as being a stumbling block but his size is going to hold him back I reckon. Claudio is a built guy, Hero really isn't and to guys like Vince that's going to be a potential problem. Hero actually looks "tubby" in his FCW pictures.

EDIT:

Can anyone recommend any good wwe podcasts?

Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling is all anyone ever needs.

Really it depends what kind of thing you're looking to get from it, are you looking for "insider dirt"? Is it interviews with past/present guys? Are you looking for discussion about that weeks shows? Those kind of things. Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez get shat over in some corners of the IWC but the observer podcasts can be pretty decent. WrestleCast from The Sun can be ok for interviews, I think they kind of fawn over TNA a bit too much sometimes but it's maybe a bit subjective. Wrestling Roundtable is good if you want to hear about some of the more historical stuff as it's mostly guys just sitting around shooting the shit.

If you haven't checked out the Art of Wrestling though I would recommend it. Domino's, of Deuce and Domino fame, two appearances have been literally the funniest podcast episodes I've ever heard. Avoid Tommy Dreamer and Rhino though, they were so boring it was unbelievable.

Edited by ginge123

The One Wrestling Show is absolutely fanastic. This week's is absolutely phenomenal. I was in tears through it. Billy Kirkwood just MAKES that show. It can get a bit smarky but it's good for the banter.

EDIT: It also has "Stamp's Stories" with old AWA legend Dennis Stamp phoning every week with some fabulous stuff. Not a single wrestling death has affected me, but if Stamp popped his clogs, it'd hit I think.

The Art of Wrestling... aye. Brilliant.

I don't think Hero will make it out of developmental. I haven't seen that much

of Chris Hero as a singles wrestler so I can't really comment on that as being a

stumbling block but his size is going to hold him back I reckon. Claudio is a

built guy, Hero really isn't and to guys like Vince that's going to be a

potential problem. Hero actually looks "tubby" in his FCW pictures.

Hero can't sustain a certain build either, which is just fucking weird actually.

Edited by DomDom

Hero can't sustain a certain build either, which is just fucking weird actually.

That might be to do with his health problems that he apparently has. It's something I've read that he's struggled with his whole life and it's why he used to wear the vest when he was wrestling.

He made his debut the other night in FCW and reportedly came out of it looking VERY good.