The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Daniel Bryan is the nuts, he's brilliant as a heel and he's a top, top worker. Put Christian in a spotfest match or have him working with someone like Ryder.

Smackdown has gone downhill ever since Bryan won the WHC.

His storyline with the Big Show/AJ has been absolutely dreadful and this vegan "i'm better than you" persona is a piss poor rip off CM Punk's "i don't drink, smoke or do drugs" character, which actually struck a nerve with the audience because Punk is good on the mic, whereas Bryan is just dull.

He's a decent worker, yet he doesn't have any charisma nor have the look of a WWE/WHC Champion.

His storyline with the Big Show/AJ has been absolutely dreadful and this vegan "i'm better than you" persona is a piss poor rip off CM Punk's "i don't drink, smoke or do drugs" character, which actually struck a nerve with the audience because Punk is good on the mic, whereas Bryan is just dull.

He's a decent worker, yet he doesn't have any charisma nor have the look of a WWE/WHC Champion.

I'm guessing you haven't watched him, especially the past 3/4 weeks?

Ah there it is! I can respond now!

He still lacks that charisma he needs to be the top dog which is a shame. You can say what you want about the character being a CM Punk ripoff, but he's playing the part very well at the moment, and his attitude also makes the title mean something. That's something Smackdown has been good at for some time though.

Daniel Bryan is also much improved on the mic as well. He still lacks something though, and for that reason, I STILL don't buy him as a champ, but I'm certainly enjoying it.

I was pretty critical of it at the start but I think it's been one of the better parts of the show recently. I'd also say he's a bit better than a "decent" worker.

I don't get why they don't just give him a manager until his charisma is better. To be fair to the guy though, he's spent nearly 12 years on the indies where his lack of charisma wasn't a problem because of how good a wrestler he was, now that he's had his wrestling wings clipped a little he's having to rely on his not-so-great charisma. It'll come to him eventually I reckon.

EDIT: When I say manager I don't mean AJ though. I mean a proper manager who can talk for him.

Edited by ginge123

If he hadn't buried him for the past year, I reckon that actually would have worked.

They should have done that. Bryan could thank Cole, say Cole has been right all along, and they team up. It would've been amazing, we need more of Cole being the super heel. He was the most over heel at Mania last year.

Jericho referencing Han Solo there is fantastic.

I dug it. That makes Jericho Princess Leia though laugh.gif

They should have done that. Bryan could thank Cole, say Cole has been right all along, and they team up. It would've been amazing, we need more of Cole being the super heel. He was the most over heel at Mania last year.

It can't be worse than current Cole, not just him though. Smackdown's commentary is fucking atrocious. Booker is entertaining but there's so much dead air during matches, they don't really call the match either, they talk about other stuff that's going on and call the big finisher moves. It's fucking terrible and it makes the midcard matches unbearable.

Vickie Guerrero is beginning to get to the point where she takes away from the guy she's managing. Her partnership with Edge was excellent because Edge got a lot out of it. Dolph Ziggler can't really get out of her considerble shadow now.