The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

The signed bandana or baseball bat would also be high up on my list.

Those or the Bret Hart glasses would be a fantastic prize.

The signed photos would be good, depends if they're personally signed(ie "To forehead") cause a personally signed photo from Hogan, Punk or Hart would be jizztastic, also.

DDP was a disaster in the WWE. They totally ruined him straight away with that awful stalker storyline and jobbing him out to Undertaker. He was one of my favourite wrestlers in WCW, so it was such a shame to see him treated so poorly. No wonder most of the big WCW names chose to sit out their contracts in 2001.

DDP was a mediocre fish in a small pond in WCW. Can't believe he was ever put in the main event, let alone kept there. His lack of any star power whatsoever was his undoing in WWE. Nothing else.

Low Ki in Dragon Gate USA seems to be doing his 2002 schtich in ROH, which is respectful, and putting him in dream matches. His match with PAC. f**k... just... f**k.

http://www.tudou.com...ew/GRQqK26j6-A/

Whole show is here. Match is at 103 mins in approx.

EDIT: The match before it, Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Akira Tozawa, is quite good too. As is the main event. The rest.. skip it. ALL of it.

Edited by DomDom

DDP was a mediocre fish in a small pond in WCW. Can't believe he was ever put in the main event, let alone kept there. His lack of any star power whatsoever was his undoing in WWE. Nothing else.

That's just utter nonsense. He was one of the most over wrestlers when WCW was the big fish in wrestling. He wasn't a great technical wrestler, but he had more charisma and was more over with the fans than just about anyone in the business at the time. Everyone who came over from WCW in the Invasion storyline was booked as a jobber due to Vince's petty vindictiveness. The only reason DDP didn't have star power at that time is because he was booked so shoddily.

DDP - the original People's Champion 8)

08.jpg

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

I disagree on the not a great wrestler part actually. He was like Savage in the sense that he plotted his matches very well and because of that, he NEVER had a bad match. His wrestling skills are not debateable for me. He was fucking good.

I can't disagree more on the charisma though. As for being over... well, Tatanka was over in WWE in the mid 90s. Was HE a main eventer. Main eventers just need that something more.

Welcome @TheDeanAmbrose to twitter.

Must be nice to be so arrogant and oblivious. Guilt free family funtime. Just great. Good for you. @realMickFoley

#wwe I Just watched Edge's full Hof speech. Big fan of Edge, too bad he had to retire so young #ThanksMick

Everything. He raised the bar of stupidity so high everyone ruined themselves tryin 2 get 2 it"@ihatedarren.: what's Mick gotta do with it?"

#wwe Atleast Edge got to have a hof career. Alot of people didnt even get the chance to have one at all #thanksmick

Looks like this feud will turn into something.

I disagree on the not a great wrestler part actually. He was like Savage in the sense that he plotted his matches very well and because of that, he NEVER had a bad match. His wrestling skills are not debateable for me. He was fucking good.

You're 100% right there, I possibly worded myself wrong regarding his wrestling ability. Some of today's wrestlers should would do well to watch old Savage and Page matches and emulate their style a bit, instead of the constant reliance on restholds that a lot of current superstars rely on. Cena and Batista are two of the only "non-technical" guys I can think of in recent years who have had great matches utilising that technique. Big Show vs Mayweather at WM24 is an example of how to pull off a great match that was plotted out move for move beforehand.

I can't disagree more on the charisma though. As for being over... well, Tatanka was over in WWE in the mid 90s. Was HE a main eventer. Main eventers just need that something more.

This is where we'll have to agree to disagree. Maybe it's WCW tinted specs and the 12 year old child in me who watched Nitro religiously, but I totally bought into Dallas Page as a main-eventer.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

With Lesnar returning and debuts of Ryback, Lord Tensai, Sandow and Ambrose with possibly a couple of more, I guesd its thst time of year we say goodbye to some guys, who do you think will go?

I think possibly: Bourne, JTG, Tatsu, Baretta, Riley

I would hope Zeke and Khali get punted but cant see it.

Edited by gordon the gopher

Just came across this

I remember this promo aiting on SmackDown back in 2008/09, his acting was fucking awful. He was set to go into a feud with Taker but he never debuted and was immediately releasedlaugh.gif

Apparently it was down to Vince McMahon seeing him in the corridor at an show and realising how small he was (he is listed as 5'11 so is probably a couple of inches shorter than that in real life) laugh.gif