The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

The Lesnar-Goldberg match isn't as bad as people make out.

I have never even read anything about it, nor have a seen it since but I remember it being pretty damn awful at the time.

The Lesnar-Goldberg match isn't as bad as people make out.

It really is. It's two guys DELIBERATELY doing f**k all knowing they're pissing off a crowd that's dead against them. It's only the crowd that make it worth anything. Takes them about two thirds of the match to actually do a move.

Otunga has a great personality and comes across as a top bloke on Twitter, but his in ring work is still fairly sloppy. Though, he is nowhere near as bad as he was on NXT, when Wade Barrett called him out on-air over his ring work. His Spinebuster is truly awful, only Cena's STF is a more poorly performed finishing move.

Tensai has dissappointed so far, I can't believe they were considering putting him into the main-event. They should just reunite him with X-Pac and Justin Credible and reform the greatest stable in the history of wrestling. :lol:

Stolen from elsewhere but this made me lol:

lordh2.jpg

Raw was very poor yesterday IMO.

The Jericho/Punk stuff is becoming very tedious and the gimmick for it is completely piss. The fact Jericho keeps bringing Punks family in the feud makes it cringe worthy at times.

The Lord Tensai stuff is crap also a buffoon can do better ring work.

The Cena/Lesnar feud was good though and it was DEFO a blood capsule Cena used as mentioned in this thread already. I am wanting Cena to win though as he doesn't deserve to lose 2 ppv's in a role IMO.

On the topic of wrestlers I want to see come back.

Rhyno and Shelton Benjamin.

Otunga has a great personality and comes across as a top bloke on Twitter, but his in ring work is still fairly sloppy. Though, he is nowhere near as bad as he was on NXT, when Wade Barrett called him out on-air over his ring work. His Spinebuster is truly awful, only Cena's STF is a more poorly performed finishing move.

Tensai has dissappointed so far, I can't believe they were considering putting him into the main-event. They should just reunite him with X-Pac and Justin Credible and reform the greatest stable in the history of wrestling. :lol:

Stolen from elsewhere but this made me lol:

lordh2.jpg

NappaEarthSaiyanSaga.png

Edited by Paulo Sergio

Sitting watching Impact from the last week, it's been average so far but I'm delighted to see the Guns back :D

I'd actually put them alongside my favourite tag teams of all time, although they're definitely below Beer Money in that list.

Are they not jumping the gun a bit by having Cena/Brock so soon?

And it's clear to me thatr Brock is supposed to get the fans back on Cena's side after the whole Rock episode. I know Brock got a great reaction last week, but now that he's been established as a heel, he'll be used to turn fans back to Cena. Or at least try to.

Pretty poor that the current WHC champ, and the guy he 'beat' for it, were reduced to being guys who's only role on the show was to try and hold back Lesnar. It's especially poor for Sheamus, as when you look again at the brawl he's easily shrugged off, and he's a big guy. And of course the WHC! It is slightly comical to see Bryan try and push Lesnar back, since Lesnar is so much bigger than him.

Scott Hall has been arrested again, for drunkenly choking out his girlfriend in an argument.

http://www.prowrestl...e10024514.shtml

I saw his name trending worldwide on Twitter and assumed he was dead :( Not that this is much better

Lethal injection would be an appropriate punishment imo. Otherwise none of my Dead Pool picks are gonna die. :(

Scott Hall has been arrested again, for drunkenly choking out his girlfriend in an argument.

http://www.prowrestl...e10024514.shtml

I saw his name trending worldwide on Twitter and assumed he was dead :( Not that this is much better

Th guy needs to be locked up if not for his own safety then for the safety of those around him. He is an absolute shambles. He either needs jailed or sectioned, With each new story on him things look bleaker and bleaker. I hope for his sake he gets one of the two.

It really is. It's two guys DELIBERATELY doing f**k all knowing they're pissing off a crowd that's dead against them. It's only the crowd that make it worth anything. Takes them about two thirds of the match to actually do a move.

Another reason why Lesnar is an absolute c**t, he knows he'll get stick from the crowd and because of that fact he decides to act like a bitch and not put on a good show? Letting down the fans, the people who bought it, the company he was leaving and most importantly letting himself down but as soon as he returns he's loved again? He's an utter c**t of a human being.

That's probably because Brock Lesnar could f**k anyone in the dressing room up with ease. I'd pick him in a fight with anyone in the world with the exception of JDS, Cain Velasquez, Overeem and Jon Jones.

And as for him taking shots at Austin, I can't say I blame him. Austin should've done the job for Lesnar as it was time for a change.

Lesnar is nowhere near being one of the hardest men in the world. That's plain stupidity to even say so. I also disagree to an extent that he could f**k anyone in the dressing room with ease. I'm sure in an interview, Lesnar admitted that Kane was one of the strongest people he'd ever met or something along those lines. You're right though, WWE isn't loaded with 'hard' people these days, but irregardless of that, my point was why is Lesnar saying it? What purpose does it serve? To be a c**t.

Austin would have taken the loss, but was it not originally planned as a squash? Totally agree that Austin's reaction was out of order (Stone Cold says it's the biggest regret of his career).

I really hope that wasn't what they were going for. I'm maybe looking into it too much, but I thought it was them ripping the pish out of Hogan by having one of the stooges dress up as him, almost like when they had that genius match with Patterson and Brisco against the Posse during the Monday Night Wars which was full of inside references.

You make a good point here, but then if this was the case it would mean McMahon is acknowledging TNA as a force? Be interesting to see TNA's response.

I think the WWE are actually trying to generate more heat on Cena.

It's only a week ago since The Rock beat him and said he was coming back for one more title run. Last night Cole and The King were saying that Lesnar was coming in for the top man in the WWE right now.

I'm looking forward to see how this one pans out, unlike Punk and Jericho. That feud is doing neither of their careers any good.

Lesnar is nowhere near being one of the hardest men in the world. That's plain stupidity to even say so. I also disagree to an extent that he could f**k anyone in the dressing room with ease. I'm sure in an interview, Lesnar admitted that Kane was one of the strongest people he'd ever met or something along those lines. You're right though, WWE isn't loaded with 'hard' people these days, but irregardless of that, my point was why is Lesnar saying it? What purpose does it serve? To be a c**t.

He was the UFC Heavyweight champion, which makes someone the best fighter on the planet. When he retired he was widely rated as the fourth best heavyweight in the world. Who would you rate ahead of him and what would be your reasoning for it?

Austin would have taken the loss, but was it not originally planned as a squash? Totally agree that Austin's reaction was out of order (Stone Cold says it's the biggest regret of his career).

I'm not 100% sure tbh.

You make a good point here, but then if this was the case it would mean McMahon is acknowledging TNA as a force? Be interesting to see TNA's response.

I'm possibly reading too much into it as I said, but they had Jericho ripping the pish out of Hogan when TNA went head to head with them on January 4th 2010 and debuted the likes of Hogan and Flair.