The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

He was the UFC Heavyweight champion, which makes someone the best fighter on the planet. When he retired he was widely rated as the fourth best heavyweight in the world. Who would you rate ahead of him and what would be your reasoning for it?

In a ring, he may well be but in a street fight, I'm sure there are plenty of randoms who could do him in. Lesnar simply can't take a hit, and he isn't even near the best techincally in the UFC. Overeem (Who you mentioned) hammered him, Mir also dominated him techincally in their first match. For a start, I think the Klitschko's would wipe the floor with him.

Of course Mir dominated him in their first fight. It was only his second professional fight.

He only had 8 fights and he only ever looked dominant against an aging Couture and Mir the second time round. ;)

Coming back from the brink to make Carwin tap out also seen him look good. He looked BRILLIANT against Herring.

It was a good comeback, admittedly but he looked far from dominant. He did look good against Herring, but I wouldn't say Herring was particularly top notch opposition considering he was a last minute replacement and he fought with a broken orbital bone after the first punch.

Arguing that Kane is tougher than Brock Lesnar is like one of those pathetic Youtube comments section arguments between 11 year old WWE fans and 30 year old UFC fans who spend their entire time informing everyone that wrestling is fake. :lol:

11 year old WWE fan - Kane is da strongest in world coz he wears da mask agen

30 year old virgin - Shut it loser, did you know wrestling is fake? posted from my Maws basement

Arguing that Kane is tougher than Brock Lesnar is like one of those pathetic Youtube comments section arguments between 11 year old WWE fans and 30 year old UFC fans who spend their entire time informing everyone that wrestling is fake. :lol:

Who said that? I never said anything of the sort. :lol:

Just a wee reminder that Smackdown is live this week. 1am SkySports 3.

Probably should also mention that it's a "special" Blast from the Past episode with Foley, Piper, and Dusty Rhodes expected to appear.

Therefore, it'll likely be utter dross.

I'll watch the start of it to see how it goes but I doubt I'll stay up for the lot of it.